CRJ Pro Dark Cockpit

The cockpit is dark even in mid-day with no clouds. I reverted to pre-rex textures using their tool and HDR is on. I tried the untinted window option and I deleted shaders multiple times after reverting the rex textures. I'm not using any other shader mods. 

P3Dv4 4.5.13.32097

CRJ Pro 2.0.0.3

vor 26 Minuten, embraceentropy sagte:

I tried the untinted window option

This will help you when looking outside through the window ;).

Can you maybe upload a picture of the "dark" cockpit?

Do you use some shader modifier?

This is way too dark indeed.

What REX AddOn do you mean when you say "After restoring defaults in REX..."?

Are you certain you have not applied any other shaders like PTA, ENVSHADE, Tomato, (Cucumbers <- this is a joke),...?

What about HDR lighting in P3D? Is it on?

I'm using Rex Texture Direct + Soft Clouds. I restored P3D defaults inside the Rex tool and have not reloaded them. Then I deleted shaders & P3Dconfig per: https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/kb/articles/rebuild-p3d-shaders

There is a chance that I applied custom shaders when I first reinstalled P3D about 3 months ago, but I believe I reverted the changes shortly after installing them. There were no custom shaders applied after rebuilding the shaders using the prodedure above, though. Is there another way to check if that is still affecting something?

I have HDR lighting on with the stock sliders.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is how it looks with default settings in P3D, HDR turnedon, Brighness =0.9, Bloom =0, Saturation =0.9

Please login to display this image.

If you see some thing different, anywhere a setting withn you PC or P3D is wrong. Maybe caused by a tweaking tool or whatever.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Then there is something else broken on your system. I strongly advice you to get rid of all tweaks/tools that change your system to look "better", leave everyting to default, including graphiccard settings etc.

Also I suggest to calibrate your monitor.

49 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Then there is something else broken on your system. I strongly advice you to get rid of all tweaks/tools that change your system to look "better", leave everyting to default, including graphiccard settings etc.

Also I suggest to calibrate your monitor.

The only tweak I was running was Rex TD+SC, which has been reversed. Resetting my Prepar3d.cfg didn't help. My GPU settings are stock except basic OC and making my monitor settings any brighter would just wash everything out. All other aircraft cockpits are normal. 

If you share your settings I can replicate to rule anything out. I've attached my settings just in case you notice something there.

@mopperle calibrating the monitor would not help in this case since the picture he posted is realy dark on my end to...

@embraceentropy I think also think that something got messed up in your P3D config. REX TD and SC should not have impacted the cockpit.

Something interesting did caught my eye in your settings: Shadows  Casting and Receiving! Can you disable some of the internal stuff? Also you have External Vehicle to cast shadows yet there is no aircrasft shadow seen in your first post....

10 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@embraceentropy I think also think that something got messed up in your P3D config. REX TD and SC should not have impacted the cockpit.

Something interesting did caught my eye in your settings: Shadows  Casting and Receiving! Can you disable some of the internal stuff? Also you have External Vehicle to cast shadows yet there is no aircrasft shadow seen in your first post....

I deleted Prepar3D.cfg and let it regenerate itself a few times and tried loading the sim with the default P3D settings, still dark. Not sure how else to check/remove for past modifications. 

When I uncheck the internal cast/receive shadows, the cockpit brightens up a little, but was still very dark inside when compared to outside and the cockpits of other addons. In fact the cockpit panels were still basically black when compared to the photos above from others showing the normal lighting. 

Not sure why an external shadow wasn't showing on my screenshot. Maybe it being summer-noon made it indistinguishable. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

At which airport did you place the CRJ in you first topic, maybe I can recreate the situation.

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

At which airport did you place the CRJ in you first topic, maybe I can recreate the situation.

Both photos were on 1C KIAD by Flightbeam. 

However, I'm having this trouble regardless of airport or location, even in the air. I tried slewing up above the buildings, slewing into a continuous flat turn on the x-axis, while using time preview to change the sun position. When the sun was directly on something it was visible, but still dim. Otherwise, dark like it was night time. 

@embraceentropy From your shots I see you used Delta livery. I tried both available Deltas and this is how the cockpit looks on my end:

This picture is taken at DUSK!

This one is daytime!

I think that the only solution you have is to hit that Delete Generated Files button or to try a Repair on P3Dv4 (both actions could lead to loosing some of your installed AddOn's if they are not installed with the XML method).

5 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

I think that the only solution you have is to hit that Delete Generated Files button or to try a Repair on P3Dv4 (both actions could lead to loosing some of your installed AddOn's if they are not installed with the XML method).

Thanks. I think I'll wait until I take v5 upgrade. Hopefully the problem doesn't follow me!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi embraceentropy,

I had the same problem as you do, without using any shader enhancement program whatsoever and HDR turned on. However, in some topic on this forum, I found that you can find additional cockpit textures in the "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\Texture Options" folder. I used these to replace the original textures, and guess what: it worked! Strangely enough, this solution isn't mentioned in any manual. The cockpit is still a bit darker than the ones I have in my other planes, but it's a huge improvement. Hope this helps for you too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 4:42 PM, StefanBravo said:

Hi embraceentropy,

I had the same problem as you do, without using any shader enhancement program whatsoever and HDR turned on. However, in some topic on this forum, I found that you can find additional cockpit textures in the "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\Texture Options" folder. I used these to replace the original textures, and guess what: it worked! Strangely enough, this solution isn't mentioned in any manual. The cockpit is still a bit darker than the ones I have in my other planes, but it's a huge improvement. Hope this helps for you too.

Thank you for this information. It helped me out also. 

Archived