Sudden drop at ORBX EGNX - 319

This has happened twice now (both times landing ILS 27 Cat-1 at EGNX (Midland UK)

Coming in on final just before flare and roll out (so up about 200 ft and about 3 seconds to touch down) and I hear the "speed / speed" warning and the plane just drops like a rock with a 2800fpm touch down

Haven't seen this any ware else - any ideas ?

This is in the 319 on version 1.3.1.0 (latest)

thanks - otherwise its working well

(P3D V4.5 HotFix 3)

I've seen this happen at a couple of sceneries and with different aircraft when the Mesh Terrain resolution was set to a value greater than 5m.
Try to reduce your Mesh terrain to 5m and see if you still encounter those drops.

Other planes I've seen this so far (for reference, maybe interesting for others as well):
KORD - A330/B767/B74x

ELLX - B74x

MKJS - A330/B767

All of them were addon sceneries.

I don't quite know what exactly caused this yet, but in all cases removing the addon sceneries solved the sudden drops. They must somehow be related to aircraft size vs mesh terrain setting vs scenery.

Try 5m and see what happens please. As said, I'm not entirely sure what exactly causes this, however it seems to be a combination of aircraft size and airport specifications, even though I don't know which ones those are.

Didn't help - same thing happened

its odd - on the lower part of final I get these conflicting call outs - 100 and 300 over write each other verbally then - too low - pull up - etc (with 2-300 ft to go) then it just drops suddenly to ground level (this one was at 2900fpm) (GPWS lights up too)

Changing the terrain mesh and texture resolution helped with the quality of the graphics overall though (with a small hit in fps) - so that was worth it

Archived