Holding patterns

emufeet

Hi,

I am trying to learn about using Holds in the A320. I decided to fly to Manchester EGCC and hold at DAYNE. I can see from the chart the course and flight level but it seems to be missing a time/distance instruction. The FMCG seems to default to a 1 minute leg time. If the chart doesn't say anything is this the default assumed for all holds?

Chart extract attached.

Also what do the circles with D314 and D304 mean?

Thanks

Simon

Please login to display this image.

Regarding the circles, they are dangerous or restricted areas.  For more information on LIDO charts please see the following links:

To understand HOLDS better, please see THIS DOCUMENT.

Click HERE to download the Legend for Chapter  5 of LIDO Enroute Charts.

LIDO Chart Video Tutorials

https://www.lhsystems.com/tutorials/lidoroutemanual-tutorials

Something that is helpful to keep in mind... Flight sim mirrors real aviation, and both have been a part of the Internet for a very, very long time so many answers are there waiting for us for the cost of an internet search.  Please don't take this to mean we mind you asking here, but it takes time for people to get back to you where an Internet search will provide you with answers right away.

Best wishes.

A little more information, I looked up the Enroute AIM for the UK on the Internet to find the exact restrictions for the 2 points  you asked about:

LINK HERE

Here is what is shown:

Please login to display this image.

Archived