AS330 P3Dv5 - No Beacon

First screenshot is my lighting settings, second is the 330 beacon on a default paint, third is a PMDG 737ngxu beacon, and the last one is a real 330's beacon.  The 330 beacon screenshot was taken while at a gate with dynamic lighting on overhead.  Even on a pitch black runway, it's still absurdly dim.

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a fix on this external lights are not obviously visible when they are ON. HDR disable or enable..........same problem.

According to the last update from June 16, it will be out with an update. It's already July.

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Kin said:

Is there a fix on this external lights are not obviously visible when they are ON. HDR disable or enable..........same problem.

According to the last update from June 16, it will be out with an update. It's already July.

And it has already been released....

I've purchased all my Airbus planes on Simmarket and the latest file i have to be compatible with V5 is this............  AS_318-A319-PROFESSIONAL_P3DV5_V1401.zip

Is the fix on this install? Because this is the file i've installed last month for V5 and this is the one with the light problems.

I will re-download from Simmarket of the same file and if it's been updated since, we just have to see it.

We will find out when i re-download that same version from them and see if the external lights are fix.

Kin M.

2 hours ago, Kin said:

I've purchased all my Airbus planes on Simmarket and the latest file i have to be compatible with V5 is this............  AS_318-A319-PROFESSIONAL_P3DV5_V1401.zip

Is the fix on this install? Because this is the file i've installed last month for V5 and this is the one with the light problems.

I will re-download from Simmarket of the same file and if it's been updated since, we just have to see it.

We will find out when i re-download that same version from them and see if the external lights are fix.

Kin M.

Sorry to hear that you've had some issues.  Below is a video of the latest Airbus in P3Dv5HF2 showing the upper and lower beacon working.

After doing the download you mentioned, be sure to reboot, disable computer security (including Windows virus security), run the ASUpdater as Administrator, ensure Experimental updates is checked in the Configuration section (restart of the Configurator is required if Experimental updates was not already checked) and then update the Airbus using the ASUpdater.  After you are done you shoujld reboot and re-enable computer security.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes!

Please login to view this video.

Im still having this issue even after the update, my external lights (nav, strobe, landing, beacons) are almost non-existent. 

Yes I rebooted after installing,

Yes I have experimental updates checked in the updater.

That kind a fix the problem, using the Experimental updates is checked in the Configuration. But your light effects during the day still not very bright, but you can see it flashing and with the red/green. But they are not as bright with other regular defaults and payware add-on planes.

But the night time is another story.........they are really visible like normal.

I have a new problem, those range lines on the A330 Nav Display are not showing. See below screen shot............

9 hours ago, Kin said:

That kind a fix the problem, using the Experimental updates is checked in the Configuration. But your light effects during the day still not very bright, but you can see it flashing and with the red/green. But they are not as bright with other regular defaults and payware add-on planes.

But the night time is another story.........they are really visible like normal.

I have a new problem, those range lines on the A330 Nav Display are not showing. See below screen shot............

I agree about the strobes and beacons.

The Range Rings is known. I'd give you a link but I'm on my phone, but you can search the forum for Range Rings.

Best wishes.

Ok thanks, i found the topic but not using the FORUM here. The search engine process in this Forum, not very helpful.

I did the search straight from Google.

A330 Issue with arc range not showing on NAV Display, see below........fix

If you have the newest NVIDIA Driver
=> Right Mouse Button on your Dashboard
=> Select NVIDIA Control Panel

=> In the left column select Manage 3D settings

=> Then in the main column  select the tab "Program Settings"

=> Now you can open the menu "Select a program to customize" - Select here "Prepar 3D (prepar3d.exe)

Now you get a list with "Feature" on the left &  "Setting" on the right. It looks like NVIDIA inserted the NVIDIA-Inspector in the driver software. I was not aware of this. 

To get the issues fixed with the range rings, you have to switch OFF "Antialasing Transparency" 
To get a little sharper vision select the first top entry "Image Sharpening", set it to on and move the sliders to:

Sharpen: 0.28
Grain: 0,17

Than select "Apply" in the bottom right corner.

This solves the range ring problem and gives you a real nice sharp look of the instruments (in all aircraft btw).
Try playing around with the sliders a bit. Its worth trying. 

Kin M.

Archived