AS330 P3Dv5 - No Beacon

Hi everyone,

I'm having the exact same issue. Beacon, nav and landing lights are actually completely invisible in my case. Here are my lighting settings in P3D v5.

As you can see, no HRD. So far I have only noticed this issue during the day. I'm not sure the situation is during the night.

Regards,

Louis

Please login to display this image.

Same issue here with the Lights!

I noticed that sometimes i see the lights, dependig on the outside view. Maybe a issue from LM

During Nighttime all Lights are visible, only during the Day sometimes i cant see the Lights. On the first Day Picture you can see the Lights but not very bright, second Pic you cant see any Lights during TakeOff.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:23 AM, mopperle said:

HDR needs to be turned on anyway

Hi Otto,

Could you elaborate on this? To me, HDR is a very subjective choice and people are split down the middle when it comes to enabling it. Are you saying that HDR should be enabled in order to get the external lights working properly, or that it's a personal choice that you recommend?

Cheers,

Louis

I am experiencing the same issue.  Only in the darkest of night can you actually see the landing/taxi/wing/turnoff lights illuminating the aircraft or the ground... even then the beacon is barely visible.  During the dawn/day/dusk, almost none of the lights are visible at all.

Edit:  It almost seems like the beacon effect is inside the airframe, rather than in the lens.  Not sure if that has any relevance or not... also, there aren't any changes in the lighting settings that affect this issue.

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 hours ago, 02vallancel said:

Hi Otto,

Could you elaborate on this? To me, HDR is a very subjective choice and people are split down the middle when it comes to enabling it. Are you saying that HDR should be enabled in order to get the external lights working properly, or that it's a personal choice that you recommend?

Cheers,

Louis

Louis, this is not a personal opinion:

The only thing I recommend is to turn down "Bloom" to at least nearly zero.

My personal opinion: I do not use P3Dv5, due to the many bugs, like memory management, still not full compatible 3rd party addons etc.

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

Louis, this is not a personal opinion:

The only thing I recommend is to turn down "Bloom" to at least nearly zero.

My personal opinion: I do not use P3Dv5, due to the many bugs, like memory management, still not full compatible 3rd party addons etc.

That's interesting. Nowhere in the english language product description is HDR listed as a requirement, and I do not find any reference to the HDR setting in any of the PDF documentation files. Apart from the standard effect, I do not notice anything special with regard to the airbus cockpit lighting when HDR is enabled, so I don't see why it would be listed as a requirement (especially when it's such a personal choice).

Could anyone from development comment on this? If there is a tangible benfit to enabling HDR with the Aerosoft Airbus then I will definitely consider enabling it at all times.

Cheers,

Louis

Edit: My post is probably off-topic, so I'll refrain from commenting further on this thread.

• Aerosoft

If you report this, please add a screenshot of the lights settings of the sim and a screenshot of what you believe is unrealistic.  For example landing lights in daytime with sun should be extremely hard to detect, you really need a very well tuned  monitor to see the landing lights. Sunlight at noon is about 200 times brighter than the landing lights.

Hi Mathijs,

Here are the images:

On P3DV5 HF1, default scenery, EA weather activated

Here the Aerosoft A330 with HDR, all exterior lights activated: we cannot see any lights

For a comparison, the NGXU from PMDG, same scene, same weather, but no HDR, all lights activated too.

and here my light settings:

Patrice.

Archived