A330 P3DV5 Strange issue with the Livery Manager

I encountered a strange issue when deleting liveries. I normally delete all liveries that I do not use and for that purpose the new Livery Manager comes in handy. Ater having deleted all but two liveries, the A330 would not start anymore, even more so loading the A330 resulted in a CTD if P3DV5. I tried to analyze the situation and therefore made a brand new install of P3DV5 HF1 on my Office Computer, to make sure no "gremlins" had crawled up my system during the previous work. After installing The A330 and deleting all unnecessary liveries the situation was unchanged. Loading the A330 ended in a CTD again. Loading a default A/C and then loading the A330 did not change anything.

Finally I decided to redo the whole thing again and then use the A330 in its "native" install with all its liveries in place. And - whoaa - it loaded normally ! So the conclusion is that when using the Livery Manager this could have an unhealthy impact on the A330. I haven't done any more analyzing work as I do not have neither the patience nor the motivation to undergo again all those steps. IMHO the Liverys Manager does something "unhealthy" to the aircraft.cfg. Maybe someone else has made a similar experience?

Oskar

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem is not the Livery Manager, but the deleting of files. some of them are kind of basic and required by others.

And TBH, there is no reason to delete unwanted paints. If you do not want see them in P3D, mark your favourites and let only those beeing visible in P3D. And saving diskspace cause of a few MB? 

Vor 1 Stunde, mopperle sagte:

The problem is not the Livery Manager, but the deleting of files. some of them are kind of basic and required by others.

And TBH, there is no reason to delete unwanted paints. If you do not want see them in P3D, mark your favourites and let only those beeing visible in P3D. And saving diskspace cause of a few MB? 

Well, for whatever reason I delete the Liveries should not be of your concern. If there is this option, I expect it to work faultlessly. Or are you trying to tell me that whenever I use an option in an official tool, I do it ony my own resposability and should try first, what the outcome will be, before I use it? Definitely a funny point of view, isn't it? If an option is available, it must work faultlessly ! If it deletes files that it shouldn't then you are trying to tell me that this is my own fault. Simply wrong! the correct answer would have been: "We are looking into the issue and will see if there are files deleted, which are necessary for a faultless operation." This would sound more like a responsible answer than simply trying to get rid of an user reporting a bug.

Regards Oskar

Archived