FPS being taxed every ca 30 secs from high 80 to low 20 and then up again

mpo910

vor 13 Minuten, RobsonM sagte:

@mpo910 can you try below fix? Just overwrite the files in A3XX EFB folder located in Documents/Aerosoft/General folder. 2 files will be overwritten. Let me know if that helps.

EFB fix.zip 6 kB · 0 downloads

I will try it right now. Give me some time. Because I will test and can see the "problem" / "solution" after 45 to 60 minutes and will report back.

15:13 German time: Test is started. 

Marcus

11 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I will try it right now. Give me some time. Because I will test and can see the "problem" / "solution" after 45 to 60 minutes and will report back.

Marcus

Yeah I feel you. Every change in the code I make I need to wait 60 minutes to test as well until Navigraph servers will expire the token.

Vor 1 Stunde, RobsonM sagte:

Yeah I feel you. Every change in the code I make I need to wait 60 minutes to test as well until Navigraph servers will expire the token.

@RobsonM

15:10 german time:

• Stopped P3D
  • Overwrite to files in EFB Folder with "FIX"
  • Logged in via A3xx config app 
  • Started the saved flight again

15:12 german time:

• Flight is running and 1 Chart from kneeboard is selected.

15:57 german time:

• FPS drops again every 30 seconds for the duration of 60 seconds. Fixes didn´t work for me

16:15 german time:

• I can refresh the EFB. No errors. Also the A3X config app still shows I am logged in. But the FPS drop is still there like I mentioned before.
  • Manually login me out and refresh EFB, login me in again and refreshing EFB again, don´t gives me the FPS back. Still dropping and rising like mentioned before

I asked myself if the EFB is really getting a Token refresh or not? And if yes, are all related "processes (reqeust tryings) aborted then?

Note: Simlink still not activated. Does it require a activated simlink?

Marcus

No symlink is not required and not even supported in EFB at this moment. Although using it should not cause any issues.

Can you please try this version? It has a debug window that covers part of EFB but you still should be able to load a chart and monitor that window. When issue occurs please do a screenshot of EFB and post it here.

EFB fix.zip

Also one important question. Nav database settings is separate from EFB chart provider setting in configurator. I understand there is no issue with NavData charts but are you by any chance also changing data provider to NavDataPro? If so can you test this issue with Navigraph database for MCDU (first configurator tab) and NDP charts for EFB (last tab)?

On 28.5.2020 at 11:52, RobsonM sagte:

No symlink is not required and not even supported in EFB at this moment. Although using it should not cause any issues.

Can you please try this version? It has a debug window that covers part of EFB but you still should be able to load a chart and monitor that window. When issue occurs please do a screenshot of EFB and post it here.

EFB fix.zip 6 kB · 0 downloads

Also one important question. Nav database settings is separate from EFB chart provider setting in configurator. I understand there is no issue with NavData charts but are you by any chance also changing data provider to NavDataPro? If so can you test this issue with Navigraph database for MCDU (first configurator tab) and NDP charts for EFB (last tab)?

I will test the file you send me.

I am not using NavDataPro (3 TAB) at all. ON the first TAB I use also Navigraph. So First TAB Navigraph and Third TAB also Navigraph. I don´t have a subscription for NDP. 

I hope I understood you correctly. Is this answering your question?

Thanks!

Marcus

@RobsonM

Test done. First refresh after 55 Minutes was a succes. No FPS drop. Did you actually made a change to the code? Or are these the same as prior send to me only with LOG section?

Note the Frames in the screenshots are with VR enabled.

Can you provide me these files without the lower LOG Section please? I would like to implement them and not wanted to wait untill Aerosoft releases them "officially" because I am mainly flying VR and Charts a required in Cockpit therefore.

That would be really nice!

Thanks a lot

Marcus

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

it's the same file. Only debug window enabled. Below is this exact file with debug disabled and should still work perfectly. The reason I asked about NDP/Navigraph database was that I start to think it's not EFB related at all. As you can see token gets refreshed successfully and sets timeout for next refresh to 3300000 ms which equals 55 minutes. That is the correct behaviour.

Let me know if the files below work?

EFB fix.zip

vor 4 Stunden , RobsonM sagte:

Hi,

it's the same file. Only debug window enabled. Below is this exact file with debug disabled and should still work perfectly. The reason I asked about NDP/Navigraph database was that I start to think it's not EFB related at all. As you can see token gets refreshed successfully and sets timeout for next refresh to 3300000 ms which equals 55 minutes. That is the correct behaviour.

Let me know if the files below work?

EFB fix.zip 6 kB · 2 downloads

The previous file has still issues. Or better explained: Not the file has probably issues, but the behaviour is not gone. Strange is, that if starting P3D and a flight and being logged in, the log in the EFB says "Logged in" and Token refreshed "done". Thats ok. But if I lock out from the Aircraft cfg. tool, the EFB log keeps saying logged in and token refreshed "done" for the next couple of cycles (each 55 min). But how can it refresh it if I am NOT logged in anymore? I logged out previous.

I wil test this file again. But today I flew and used the EFB with navigraph charts, and after 45 / 55 Minutes my FPS shrink again as already described before.

Can it be "Navdatapro" related code? Or is there another "part" of the code using some cycles? Because when not using "any charts" and not being logged in via the Aircraft config tool there are NO issues and FPS stays stable. 

This is starting to get annoying. 

Install location and p3d root are on the same drive. The dcuments folder is on a different drive (where my OS is installed too). No antivirus used during installation AND also after that. 

I will report back!

Thanks a lot till so far.

Marcus

@Mathijs Kok

@RobsonM

Good Morning!

I have some good news. The last file is working for me. I had no "bad" token requests since a couple of flights with each several hours of testing. 

Regarding my FPS drop it seemed to had another cause wich is NOT related to Aerosoft A330!. Therefore I would like to apologize taking your time to working on a solution without being "the cause".

I found out that there where some issues with ASP3D (BETA), at least on my end! After 45 Minutes, wich equals the 3third "weather refresh" there where problems of injecting the weather. I just uinstalled ASP3D and reinstalled it, now the problem seem to be gone. 

I would like to thank you all being so patience with me. Now I can enjoy your A330 and looking forward to further enhancements on your products!

I think you may close this ticket "as solved"!

Regards, Marcus

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,I can confirm this problem,fps drops over time, and the sim becomes laggy as compare to take-off.

Spec: Ryzen 7 37000x +RTX2070

And I can also confirm that this is nothing to do with EFB things, I have removed A330 from A3XX EFB folder so only  a error is displayed on EFB. Navigraph also kept not logged in A3XX Configurator.

Moreover, I found a similar thread in ASP3D Open Beta forum

.stuttering-strong-fps-fluctuations-after-3-4-hours-in-flight

On 6/4/2020 at 3:48 PM, mpo910 said:

@Mathijs Kok

@RobsonM

Good Morning!

I have some good news. The last file is working for me. I had no "bad" token requests since a couple of flights with each several hours of testing. 

Regarding my FPS drop it seemed to had another cause wich is NOT related to Aerosoft A330!. Therefore I would like to apologize taking your time to working on a solution without being "the cause".

I found out that there where some issues with ASP3D (BETA), at least on my end! After 45 Minutes, wich equals the 3third "weather refresh" there where problems of injecting the weather. I just uinstalled ASP3D and reinstalled it, now the problem seem to be gone. 

I would like to thank you all being so patience with me. Now I can enjoy your A330 and looking forward to further enhancements on your products!

I think you may close this ticket "as solved"!

Regards, Marcus

Hi, did you change anything while re-installing ASP3D? like modifying installation path.

On 12.6.2020 at 12:48, CCA8541 sagte:

Hi, did you change anything while re-installing ASP3D? like modifying installation path.

No. I already reinstalled ASP3D and controllated the path. All fine. Switching ea of in sim do the trick and then switch it on again. Nasty bug in my opinion

• 7 months later...

Already 2021 now and I'm still having the same problem. Departed Vancouver with amazing performance, got up to cruise, and about 2hrs later I started seeing FPS drops or freezes, fps would go 50-48-15-16-50 (for example). Later  I left my pc for a bit and as soon as I got back I saw that the autipilot went ham due to more FPS loss, this would be about 7 hrs into the flight. I got rid of EA, turned it back on and that fixed it, at least temporarily. As far as I know I'm on the newest version of ASP3D, the 330 is updated, and P3D is.

Is there still no proper fix for this? I've really liked the a330 after buying it after release and I would love to fly it more, but this testflight after a couple of months of not flying it didn't seem to give me any luck which is really disappointing. Like I said and read in this thread, switching EA off and on works but I'd like to fly the 330 instead of fixing bugs for 9 hours.

• 3 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 7:28 AM, Dutch_fsx_Pilot said:

Already 2021 now and I'm still having the same problem. Departed Vancouver with amazing performance, got up to cruise, and about 2hrs later I started seeing FPS drops or freezes, fps would go 50-48-15-16-50 (for example). Later  I left my pc for a bit and as soon as I got back I saw that the autipilot went ham due to more FPS loss, this would be about 7 hrs into the flight. I got rid of EA, turned it back on and that fixed it, at least temporarily. As far as I know I'm on the newest version of ASP3D, the 330 is updated, and P3D is.

Is there still no proper fix for this? I've really liked the a330 after buying it after release and I would love to fly it more, but this testflight after a couple of months of not flying it didn't seem to give me any luck which is really disappointing. Like I said and read in this thread, switching EA off and on works but I'd like to fly the 330 instead of fixing bugs for 9 hours.

ive mentioned this before that with the a330 you can only fly it  under 6 hours with EA on or over 6 hours with EA off.  

what is baffling is Mattihas closed the topic, saying that is all very well and good.   basically take it or leave it.

as of last year I refuse to buy anymore of aerosoft stuff as the service is diabolical and this the sort of service they provide.

8 minutes ago, Stawberrycocktail said:

ive mentioned this before that with the a330 you can only fly it  under 6 hours with EA on or over 6 hours with EA off.  

what is baffling is Mattihas closed the topic, saying that is all very well and good.   basically take it or leave it.

as of last year I refuse to buy anymore of aerosoft stuff as the service is diabolical and this the sort of service/altitude they provide.  Its disgusting.

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem after a while 1/2 hours of flying FPS starts to decrease , when ı change plane everything is fine and its just happens in A330 . I tried AS320 , FSL320 , QW787 and all PMDG series but all of them is fine. I started my Flight with A330 and 45fps after 2 and half hours fps decreased to 15 than ı changed the plane to F16 and fps increased to 45 again . And there is no anything wrong in task manager .

MY PC SPECS :

---------------------

İntel Core i7 9700

Geforce RTX 3060 12GB

Asus Z390-A PRO

16GB RAM

950W Power supply

MSI coreliquid Liquid Cooler

Windows 10 latest version

Geforce driver latest version

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on this issue? I have the same problem. Now even the FPS start jumping around between 15-50 fps eventhough I have my FPS locked at 30. I don't have this problem with any other aircraft.

Archived