Honeycomb Yoke - drivers & software needed or not?

Hi all,

im thinking about the Yoke as a replacement for my old Saitek.

What i am not clear about is - are drivers or special software required? Or does Windows recognize it as a usual HID with several axis and buttons? If so, why do many people use a special software?

I am flying since years with a Thrustmaster Warthog (with a Virpil WarBRD Base, the TM Throttle, a Saitek Quadrant and Trim Wheel) without any additional drivers or software (not even the Thrustmaster Target Software) sucessful with DCS, F4 BMS, P3D, Sturmovik and so on...

So - do i need any Honeycomb drivers for P3D v4 and v5?

Thank you!

You do not need any drivers (and there are no Honeycomb-specific drivers). The Honeycomb yoke is a standard HID and you can program it just like you program the Saitek. There is one caveat, which is that it has 35 buttons, so the last three positions of the magneto switch will not be visible to FSX. I think this is because FSX uses a legacy DirectInput API that only supports 32 buttons. That goes for FSUIPC too (unless FSUIPC 6 has changed). Both P3Dv4 and XP11 can natively handle all the buttons.

The YokeInput add-on for P3D allows you to bind buttons to Lvars in XML gauges as well as to standard P3D functions, which is a powerful feature. Without this you need a third-party option such as FSUIPC or SPAD.neXt to program Lvars.

Hey Dave, I have looked in Documents and public documents and I have no honeycomb folder in each.

The handbook resides in C\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\aerosoft - honeycomb P3DV4 -PREPAR3D V4.X

5 hours ago, Er!k said:

Is the Aerosoft tool also working with the PMDG NGXu and QW787? 

Not for switches.  We are working with PMDG to add this.  I can't say what's going on with Quality Wings, but I can tell you that while always polite, all my attempts to work with them in the past have never, ever panned out even after email discussions and face to face meetings.  As I said though, very nice and polite guys and very good developers.  Feel free to tell them I said that.

Archived