No checklist beyond APU fire test

Hello,

I use the P3DV5 330, i use the the voice checklist but there is nothing after the APU fire test, the test is executed correctly then nothing happen afterward for the rest of the flight..

Any ideas? (it does not change anything if the copilot do the action or if I do the action..)

Thank's for your input

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you search the forum you will find another thread regarding the same issue. Are you also using FSCrew or any of their products? Until now we do not know why but if FSCrew is used there is a 40 sec break after the APU fire test. In this case please contact their support.......

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please then tell me exactly what happens:

• Do you thear the PnF call "APU Fire Test"?
  • Do you hear and see that the test is performed e.g. is the light blinking and do you hear the bell?
  • Do you hear after that the call "Checked"?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think I now know what causes that behaviour. It is related to the ECAM RECALL check - the next one after the APU FIRE TEST. For this test it is necessary that the Displays-Selftest is finished (app. after 40 seconds) and the  standards are displayed. To me it seems that after the C&D aircraft state has been loaded you are immediately starting the Cockpit Preparation CL. Normally before starting the CL the EXT PWR is set to ON, then the 3 batteries are set off and the NAV & LOGO as well as the STROBE light are set to AUTO = 1. Make sure that the displays selftest has been finished and then start the CL. 

I strongly advise to follow SOP and as well care for the CL - do not do something different when it is running - and maybe also use ViewFocus. Then you would have realized that when the ECAM lower screen is in selftest that the ECAM Recall check cannot be performed.   

thank for yout input, I will give it a try but I always performe the cockpit preparation CL when everything is set up, FMC preflight completed and IRS fully aligned..

I'll report back

Hello,

I double checked and everything running fine now. I push the RCL prior starting the CL and make the cockpit preparation CL in view mode, everthing is running smoothly..

Many thanks for your help!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived