a330 windshield dark, HELP PLEASE!

guys, good night. I know that this subject is more than commented on the forum, but I still have this problem. I know that Aerosoft darkened the windshield to achieve the effects of reflections, however it is very bad ... I think the aircraft is incredible because of the PBR, but when I leave some other aircraft, like the PMDG and go to the a330, I have a hard time flying because of the dark windshield. I followed all the settings recommendations in the manual, I already cleared the shadow cache, I did EVERYTHING, but it is still dark. Is there no way to remove it?

HDR is a must with the A330, the only time I've seen it very dark is when I've switched off HDR, As Dave said above post a screen shot and maybe your P3D lighting settings as well 

• 3 weeks later...
the big problem is the difference in clarity of the a330's windshield compared to the others, i can't particularly adapt, i feel blind, especially at night
the a330 has a much darker windshield than the eighth aircraft, comp had commented, I strictly followed the manual settings

Hey, help us to help you.

1. Is your graphics card capable of PBR?

2. Have you tried clearing your P3D Shaders?  If you need help on how to do this, please use Google.

3. Are you experiencing this with default liveries (the ones which comes with the Airbus)?

4. Is this a P3Dv4 problem?  P3Dv5 problem?  If the latter, did you experience this with P3Dv4?

5. Please provide a screen shot of your P3D Graphics settings (all 3 screen)

6. Where is the screen shot of the issue I asked for?

I don’t think this is a problem specific to the user. 

I’ve also found the cockpit windows way too dark all along. It’s like looking through sunglasses and totally unlike any other aircraft addon. 

It is what it is but I’d love for it to change. It can feel quite irritating when you see the terrain through sunglasses and then see it in all its glory when going to an outside view. 

42 minutes ago, flycln said:

I’ve also found the cockpit windows way too dark all along. It’s like looking through sunglasses and totally unlike any other aircraft addon. 

That is real to life, so we modeled it that way.  Aircrews are subjected to a great deal of radiation and eye damage from the sun, so Airbus tented the windows a fair amount and also provided window shades, which arne't 100% but at least it's something.  I believe we explained this to the OP in another thread sometime ago, but he's still concerned and we're doing the best we can to help him.

Sim settings also affect this, so we're trying to get his settings to verify they aren't causing the issue.  But without a screen shot to approximate what he's seeing, we're simply guessing.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Interesting thing is that none of you guys ever provided a screenshot. So I‘m sure it is a local setting, caused by broken shaders, wrong settings etc.

So once again,

- provide screenshots shwowing the dark windows

- provide screenshots of your settings in P3D

- provide screenshots of you settings in NvidiaInspector in case you are using it or any other tool influencing graphic settings

vor 4 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Interesting thing is that none of you guys ever provided a screenshot. So I‘m sure it is a local setting, caused by broken shaders, wrong settings etc.

How convenient...

Using P3D5 without any shader addons. The windshield looks exactly the same for me as it did it 4.5. 

I’m pretty sure it’s what Dave said. It was just designed that way. I just find the effect a little overdone. 

4 hours ago, flycln said:

How convenient...

P's and Q's my friend.  Let's keep things respectful, especially towards those like Otto who have donated their time over many years to not only work the inside of these projects but also to help flight simmers.  I'm sure you'd agree that a lot of knowledge and experience comes from doing that.

And, I agree with what Otto said.  The perceptual difference between the two of you (the three of us) is that Otto has helping people in the flight sim world for a great many years and he has access to resources and information that you do not.  That's all this is.

What's important here is that the customer gets the help he believes he  needs, and we can't do that until we see what the issue is.

Best wishes.

Archived