Always inserts full flaps

I had opened a post, but it was quickly dismissed as solved and caused by Fsuipc6!

I still use the V4.5 HF3 with the latest Aerosoft updates of A320/321 andd A330.
Whenever I call a notch of flap, either from the automatic checklist, or from the button assigned or directly with the mouse by the flap lever on the central pedestal, both the A320 and the A330 always insert full flaps. I have already tried to reinstall the latest version several times but without solution. In addition, I also noticed that when I completely retract the flaps, they never go completely to zero, am they remain in a middle state between 1 and 0, so I have to intervene again to bring the flaps to full 0.

There is any solution?

• 3 weeks later...

Update:
I realized that from the sim, it had been assigned to an axis as an incitement of flaps. Now in manual everything works. The flap problem always remains with the co-pilot in automatic. Whenever approaching he calls flap 1, he always inserts full flap, going in over speed. Where can I check if there is any error in the automatic call lists of copilot?

Thanks

I am having the same problem with the flaps. The co-pilot calls and confirms flaps 1 but the flaps go to full. Even when I select flaps 1 from no flaps from the keyboard the plane goes to full flaps.

This problem is also being revealed on the V5, every time he asks for flap 1 he puts full flap, and if I manually change the flaps to 1 when the copilot asks for the next flaps but always in full flap

• 3 weeks later...

Is there no solution for this problem? It is starting to get boring and heavy where you can get rid of full flaps with every notch of flap inserted.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't have this problem and never had it, so hard to track the source.

So any Key/Axis Assignments in P3D or misconfig in FSUIPC?

Hello Bob,

The problem is the Automatic copilot. Every time he always inserts full flaps every time he asks for a notch of falp. If I do by hand with any axis assigned by Fsuipc/Linda etc, it correctly inserts the required flaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, yesterday during a flight with A330 on P3DV5 HF2, I was in the taxi for the take off, and the Copilot called flap 2 but full flaps were inserted. The same thing happened during the approach. Is there any solution for this problem?

• 3 months later...

Any news? I tried to uninstalling and reinstalling the Airbus but nothing always the same problem. What makes me strange is that: if I use the button on the Joystick, at the first touch it puts Flap full, I retract the flaps and then it works for a while inserting a notch of flap every time it is requested by the button (comand sent by Fsuioc 6.0.10), if instead it is performed via the Copilot in the checklist, inserts flap ful immediately. Also sometimes when I retract the falps from 1+F to flap 0, they remain enchanted as if they do not reach 0 hooks and I have to give two hits to get them back to 0.

Thanks for reply

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, sorry for the late reply regarding the CL and the Copilot checklist issue e.g. the flaps setting. The reason is quite simple as I only look into this section of the forum.

Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the issue but I am not using FSUIPC in respect to flaps animation and also not assigned any joystick key to flaps. So therefore I suggest as a first test if this is really related to the Checklist and Copilot function: Delete any setting in the FSUIPC as well as in P3D the joystick key assignment regarding flaps and try again. Also please check if you manually set flaps in the pedestal if it works as required.

Regards,

Rolf 

Even using the mouse, at the first touch it inserts flaps full, then I retract the flaps and then inserts the required flaps notch after notch.

If with the mouse I do as described above, then also with the joystick command I insert a notch of flap at a time.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Then something seems to be wrong with your settings / assignment. Did you also try it with deleting the FSUIPC flaps setting? Please try it again after deleting those FSUIPC settings/assignment because those maybe "overwrite" using the simconnect the internal ones. If in this case the problem still exists please send us a screenshot of the relevant FSUIPC settings as well as of your joystick flaps key assignments so that we are able to reproduce this issue.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Then there mist be something wrong with your installation because I am not able tp reproduce the issue. Please delete all relevant installed Aerosoft Airbus files and make a complete new installation.

Airbus Professional Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure(2).pdf

Another problem is this of the images. Flaps with zero notch, but on the CDU indicates that the slat are one notch out.

Before I uninstall everything, isn't there a log file or something I can send you to try or check?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but there seems to be something wrong with FLAPS on your system or installation. I am not able to reproduce it and there are no other users reporting this problem so far. After your statement that you deleted all FSUIPC as well as keyboard / joystick assignments - and the issue still exists - the only suggestion I can make is to do a complete new and clean installation of the Airbus. Please come back again after you have done this....... 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not have any suggestion. But please check your P3D Cpntrolls setting for flaps. It should be like in the screenshot attached......

Hello Hanse,
All P3D default settings have been removed to avoid any interference with FSuipc. I have been doing this for years, and it has never brought problems. Isn't there a file where you can check the status of the flaps during the flight phases?

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 5 Stunden , magna91 sagte:

All P3D default settings have been removed to avoid any interference with FSuipc.

What do you mean by that? P. e. you have removed F8 to fully extend the flaps? And what do you mean by requesting a file to check the flaps status? In the checklist p.e. the flaps 1 are rectracted when during takeoff the S-Speed is passed and during approach (after the approach phase has been initiated) the flaps are set to 1 when also the S-Speed is passed....... Is this what you mean?

I removed all the default assignments of P3D because for example the axes are "commanded" by FSuipc, and since I got FSuipc already at the beginning of the simulation that I do so I have never had problems.

No I mean if there is a *.cfg file or another type of file, where to check the ststao of the variables created by the sim during the fligh

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK. There is no such  a file you are looking for. I could create one but I see no reason to do so. This file would show the flaps settings according to our programs e.g. the values for the flaps variables. And those variables are used by the plane and can be controlled on the ECAM / pedestal. There is nothing wrong with this since the introduction of the Aerosoft Airbus several years ago and never anything has been changed. The problem is that on your system those variables seem to be "translated" not correctly between program and plane as something is interfering with it. But clearly, this has nothing to do with what we can do because the problem is on your installation like addons (maybe FSUIPC), P3D settings or hardware used like joystick. As a proof for this statement I can rrepeat again that you are the only user until now having this problem. 

I only can suggest again that you start from from scratch e.g. a complete clean new P3D installation e.g. no addons like FSUIPC etc. and leave all default settings. Then newly install the Aerosoft Airbus and see what happens. It should work as required like for all the other thousands of users. Next you can install all your other "things" but slowly one by one and everytime test if the Airbus is working well before the next one is installed. So you can identify the reason - or maybe all work well after this process.

Archived