Recover INS position and data after Sim or PC crash

jar8

Hi fellow DC8 drivers,

I've had my computer/sim freeze or crash a couple of times.  Fortunately, with FSUIPC, I've been able to recover the flight at some point.

When loading the last FSUIPC saved position, the aircraft, and all parameters and settings load splendidly well, and right where they were; however, the INS is turned OFF.  Of course it is impossible to enter current position while the aircraft is flying; but, wanted to ask if there is any workaround or "trick" to be able to recuperate the INS when loading a flight saved by FSUIPC after a sim/PC crash.

FYI, I am using a VOR-VOR flight plan for the DME updates, and a HIGH AIRWAY flight plan for the route, using the INS tool provided with the airplane.

Thanks in advance.

• Developer

No, I don't believe there is any way to start the INS in flight and have it aligned. I didn't code the INS myself, but I don't recall there being any feature of that kind during development. 

Of course, if you are having frequent CTDs,  you can always manually save the flight during cruise and all the INS parameters will be saved. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

As far as I know, FSUIPC will only save default variables.  The INS has many custom local variables.  The aircraft comes a special Aerosoft module to save the local variables when you save a flight, but it doesn't have an autosave function. 

Archived