Joining a CFD session as PM

peteb101

Hi Guys,

I can see that the guidance is to sort out Pilot roles after connection but is there a way to force connection as PM please?  The behaviour we have seen is that whatever you selected before joining a session,  the joining pilot always  becomes PF.  We have also noted  that it looks like the settings, including location, come from  PF. The reason for asking is that although when starting a flight both planes are clearly in the same location, sometimes  it would be useful to join a flight in progess. For example yesterday we had the PM sim crash during descent so PF completed the flight on their own , it would have been nice to be able to rejoin but we didn't as when the joining pilot becomes PF (as it seems to do each time) I assume the aircraft in flight would jump back to the location for the the new PF as this seems to be the behaviour observed when we ran a couple of tests on the ground using the  same airport  but different locations.

Thanks Pete

We are aware of the problem.  For now when it occurs, simply switch back in MCDU3.

We are working towards (but no promises) people being able to join a flight in progress automatically, however until we are able to sort this out a bit more try the following:

1. Pilot Flying:  Pause the flight, save the flight, and send the saved flight files to the other person.

2. Second person loads into the same flight, allows the aircraft to stablize, pause the sim, and then connect to the CFD Session.

3. Both people un-pause the sim.

Note:  Two days ago we were able to load into an existing flight directly by positioning the second person at an airport close to where I was flying, but it took some time and extra work to get some systems sync'd up, and later on the aircraft FCU seemed possessed changing course and speed by itself, and selecing and changing vertical speed.  We still don't know what that was all about.

Bare in mind that CFD is still in Beta.

I hope this is helpful to you.

19 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

We are aware of the problem.  For now when it occurs, simply switch back in MCDU3.

We are working towards (but no promises) people being able to join a flight in progress automatically, however until we are able to sort this out a bit more try the following:

1. Pilot Flying:  Pause the flight, save the flight, and send the saved flight files to the other person.

2. Second person loads into the same flight, allows the aircraft to stablize, pause the sim, and then connect to the CFD Session.

3. Both people un-pause the sim.

Note:  Two days ago we were able to load into an existing flight directly by positioning the second person at an airport close to where I was flying, but it took some time and extra work to get some systems sync'd up, and later on the aircraft FCU seemed possessed changing course and speed by itself, and selecing and changing vertical speed.  We still don't know what that was all about.

Bare in mind that CFD is still in Beta.

I hope this is helpful to you.

That is really helpful Dave, thanks 

Archived