KERNELBASE.dll error loading EGLL Mega Scenery

lance74

Hello,

I recently just reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows and a fresh copy of the latest of version of Prepar3D v4.5. While loading up at EGLL with the Aerosoft Mega Scenery add-on, the simulator crashes. Here is the event viewer error:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.14.34698, time stamp: 0x5e94b5c2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0xb89efff3
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a799
Faulting process id: 0x22a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d62c5c12d09f30
Faulting application path: F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: c2fb4365-e8a5-475a-93c2-a607a452d06b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone know what's going on?

1 hour ago, lance74 said:

Hello,

I recently just reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows and a fresh copy of the latest of version of Prepar3D v4.5. While loading up at EGLL with the Aerosoft Mega Scenery add-on, the simulator crashes. Here is the event viewer error:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.14.34698, time stamp: 0x5e94b5c2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0xb89efff3
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a799
Faulting process id: 0x22a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d62c5c12d09f30
Faulting application path: F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: c2fb4365-e8a5-475a-93c2-a607a452d06b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone know what's going on?

From the AVSIM CTD Guide

Kernelbase.dll – A system file so a problem with your computer system. FSX or P3D just happened to be running when the event occurred. Related to StackHash errors and NTDLL.dll errors (see below). No known fix but some have solved this problem by -
• Settings too high. Rebuild FSX/P3D config.
• Updating or reinstalling their video card drivers.
• Scanning your system for corrupt/missing files.
• Disable startup programs by typing msconfig in the Windows search box. When open, look at the Startup tab and disable all startups (they are all not needed for operation of your computer).
• User Profile Corrupted – last resort, fix possible corrupted user profile.

I have also seen this when the scenery had corrupt files (bad installation) or their were priority issues or conflicts with scenery.

We have a few different versions of EGLL, are you sure you're using the correct version for Prepar3D v4?

• Developer

@Dave: The Buildnumber of the CTD log (4.5.14.34698) is the 4.5 HF 3.

The question is, which Scenery product he is talking about? London Heathrow Xtended (Only installable and straight forward for 4.0) or the London Heathrow Professional ?

But, don’t remember to get any reports in EGLL Professional with CTD’s relations since it exists for V4.1, which was not generated in any other source the Avsim Guide listed. 

The scenery is more or less Data, no code that generate a crash. 

2 hours ago, OPabst said:

The question is, which Scenery product he is talking about?

I agree my friend!  I thought I asked him which scenery, but if I forgot my apologies.  I'd almost be willing to bet it's not the professional version.  I have the Pro version for this airport and I've never, ever had a crash flyin in or out of it.  Awesome scenery for sure!

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I have narrowed it down. Somehow, REX Sky Force 3D was causing the issue and not the scenery. So weird. Thanks for the help!

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived