addon.xml vs scenery

newtie

Hello-

I just went through your new online tutorial and have a few questions.

1. Does SS need to be running in the background?

2. What controls the loading of scenery/airports?

If I uncheck everything in scenery manager and leave the addon.xml checked, will all those sceneries still load? And vice versa? I'm not clear on what activate means. Activate=load, or available?

Thanks,

Mark

• Developer

Hi Mark,

1) SIMstarter does not need to run in Background - you can set certain options in Program Settings what should happen after profile started. But closing applications after sim is closed does only work if SIMstarter is still running. The CPU consuption is like minimal once the sim is running. So no problem to leave him.

2) You should use the Scenery Manager to enable / disable scenery to reduce loading times

3) The manual has been reworked a lot. Makes sense to have a walktrough. 😉

Thanks for using SIMstarter!

Thank you and enjoyed your presentation.

I have been using Lorbi's Addon Manager with various apps starting by .bat files including AM. Done manually.

I see SS does all of this inherently. :>)

I'll look at the manual for further understanding. Thanks for an interesting and useful app.

Mark

• Developer

Yes, you can. But please do not use Add-On.Xml ConfigSets for that. We have the Scenery Manager where you either can create different ConfigSets and create ScenerySpacer to deactivate Regions within that particular Scenery ConfigSet.

...so far nobody asked me he needed any more. 😉

See ScenerySpacer in the Video.

Archived