Prepar3D startup time

Ferno

Hi, I bought SIMStarter NG a few weeks ago and can see it has many good features. I was unable to make the livestream a few days ago, but watched some of the recording and didn't find an answer to the main question I have about the product, which is; Can SIMStarter NG be used to reduce the time it takes Prepar3D to start?

I have many add-on airports, aircraft (and liveries for those aircraft). I also recently started using Alpha India Group AI traffic and it now takes almost 4 minutes for P3D to start up.  I know it is the add-ons which are causing this, because P3D was re-installed on a bigger SSD a few months ago and before re-installing any addons, it took less than 20 seconds for P3D to start and get to the scenario screen. I have set up a profile in SIMStarter NG, with an Add-On.xml ConfigSet which only loads 12 add-on airports in Australia and New Zealand (I use add-on.xml files for all scenery, including ORBX Global, etc). I hoped this would reduce the startup time, but it has not.

I suspect I'm hoping for too much from the product, but hope you can comment on this.

• Developer

Hi Ferno,

that was one of the Ideas comming from FSX - reduce the amout of loading items for the region I need to fly.

SIMstarter can:

• Create multiple SimObjects ConfigSets (when flying Online you may not need your AI Traffic)
  • Create multiple Scenery ConfigSets to arrange them by region

Please keep in mind, Scenery should be managed in the Scenery ConfigSet not in Add-On.xml ConfigSet.

Hope that answers your question?

@Capt. PERO thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply. I will create a few new profiles using your guidance (especially using the scenery configset) and hopefully will see faster P3D startup times.

Archived