Cannot install Simstarter NG P3D

meccadom

I cannot start the application today after using it earlier.  Have downloaded from Simmarket account and numerous installations have failed.  The problem when NG could not detect the P3D platform.  Please find the log attached.  I cannot send a debug pack since I cannot access the interface.

Dom from Maryland

SIMstarter NG Settings.ini

I have exactly same problem with Simstarter NG P3D in the comp where is only P3DV5 . Installation does not start . Did several times dowloads from Simmarket. Same happen also with latest Simstater NG. But i was able install Simstarter NG_V183.

So I did reinstallation of the P3DV5 client but it does not help. I will add another info I was able to install Simstarter NG P3D on anothere comp where i have installation of P3DV4.5 and P3DV5. 

Juraj from Slovakia

PS. I also enjoyed your live stream . It was really good overview of possibilities of the management system and will allow me much better to cope with complex environment where lot of time is going for adjusting and setting. I have lot of addons and now i have a nice tool how to manage them. Great job.

Hello Peter,

log attached.  Note that I had to repair P3DV5 and afterwards NG started.  However, I lost my profiles which may be a blessing as they were very basic.  The problem I wrote about occurred on 16 May.

Also enjoyed your live stream.  A lot of work went into this NG project and I for one would consider this a "must have". 

Thanks again

Dom

SIMstarter NG.log

• Developer

Hi Dom,

yes I can see in the log, that SIMstarter tried to find your simulator but was unable.

SIMstarter takes the path from Registry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" Setting "AppPath".

If that is correct, he will start. Happy that it works.

----------------------------------------------

vor 6 Stunden , tapko57 sagte:

I have exactly same problem with Simstarter NG P3D in the comp where is only P3DV5 . Installation does not start . Did several times dowloads from Simmarket. Same happen also with latest Simstater NG. But i was able install Simstarter NG_V183.

So I did reinstallation of the P3DV5 client but it does not help. I will add another info I was able to install Simstarter NG P3D on anothere comp where i have installation of P3DV4.5 and P3DV5. 

Juraj from Slovakia

PS. I also enjoyed your live stream . It was really good overview of possibilities of the management system and will allow me much better to cope with complex environment where lot of time is going for adjusting and setting. I have lot of addons and now i have a nice tool how to manage them. Great job.

Hi Juraj,

thanks a lot for joining the Stream! You may use the information I posted for Dom to get SIMstarter working on your PC. There might be some things went wrong with your installation?
Note: you have to run PREPAR3D at least one time before starting SIMstarter.

If that problem still appears please open a new topic.

Archived