Update E-Mails?

pmb

Would it be possible for Aerosoft to send an E-Mail to customers when their products get updated in the Customer Download Area? Simmarket provides such a service and I find it really helpful, notably like right now when a new Simulator version was released. I bought a big number of Aerosoft products or 3rd party products via the Aerosoft shop and have difficulty to trace their update status.

If this is asking too much, perhaps a Mail on Updates during the last week would be an alternative. 

Thanks for considering and

kind regards, Michael

• Developer

But you know the AS Updater tool? Ok, older Products are not yet included there, but for newer once it is easy to have the overview. That only as side note.

Unfortunately only very few of the products I bought from Aerosoft (<10% as a rough guess) are in the Updater tool. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Developer

Ok, but this will grow in future. Until then you have another option to keep you informed, maybe not for 100% but better then only 10%:

Check the Follow function here in the forum for the New Releases and Updates subforum:

Please login to display this image.

I never try it, but maybe it helps.

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 minutes ago, mlinecker said:

The updater tool is great, but at the moment it doesn't show the update for Zurich which is already available at simmarket.

About which update are you talking?

vor 1 minute, mopperle sagte:

About which update are you talking?

At simmarket (where i buyed Mega Airport Zurich) i see an update 2.0.0.1, in the AS Updater app there is no update for 2.0.0.0 available. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

And did you turn on experimental updates in the ASUpdater? I cant check it as I do not have P3Dv5

14 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Check the Follow function here in the forum for the New Releases and Updates subforum:

I never try it, but maybe it helps.

I am already subscribed to this subforum, but only 1 (EDDF) of the Prepar3d5 updates for my programs was announced there and I got a Mail. (None of the SimWings Canary sceneries, e.g., which I bought from Aerosoft.)

Actually it's not a deal-breaker and I'll go on buying from Aerosoft, it just would be a nice feature.

Kind regards, Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, mlinecker said:

Yes, of course.

Ok, maybe you can open a separate topic  on this, cause it is OT here. ;)

• Developer
13 minutes ago, pmb said:

I am already subscribed to this subforum, but only 1 (EDDF) of the Prepar3d5 updates for my programs was announced there and I got a Mail. (None of the SimWings Canary sceneries, e.g., which I bought from Aerosoft.)

Actually it's not a deal-breaker and I'll go on buying from Aerosoft, it just would be a nice feature.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, Mathijs don‘t follow my tip to add a new „updated ..“ post to the old Pined thread he used to list all V5 updates here: 

When the existing post is only modified, the follow system will not generate a info mail.

Ps: Have just add such a post to the thread, so you should get later an email for it :)

• Developer
19 minutes ago, mlinecker said:

At simmarket (where i buyed Mega Airport Zurich) i see an update 2.0.0.1, in the AS Updater app there is no update for 2.0.0.0 available. 

Maybe it is only a minor change in the installer itself and not in the content in the scenery, so it makes no sense to make an Update in the AS Updater.

Though it's not fool proof, if you subscribe to our Newsletter via our shop, we often send out notifications of updates.  To be honest it seems to be hit or miss lately, and I'll have a word with the team about getting this back on track.

Again, not fool proof, but something good to do.

Best wishes.

10 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Though it's not fool proof, if you subscribe to our Newsletter via our shop, we often send out notifications of updates.  To be honest it seems to be hit or miss lately, and I'll have a word with the team about getting this back on track.

Again, not fool proof, but something good to do.

Best wishes.

I'm subscribed to the Newletter for years. I just glanced through the latest issues and that one from May 1st indeed had a list of P3D5 upgrades (which I somehow missed, honestly). That one from today didn't have one. Including such a list every week would be great, just a list, no need for fancy pictures.

Anyway, thanks for the hint and kind regards, Michael

Archived