Suddendly CDT on all Airbus Professional models

alfatango

Good afternoon to All

suddendly, I cannot use any Airbus Professional model any longer, as I get a CTD upon selection of the plane.

No changes were made to the system, apart from the automatic installation of Microsoft KB 4552931 (.Net framework cumulative update) and KB 4556799 (Cumulative Update for Win 10 vers. 1903)

I was running A318/19/20/21 vers. 1.3.0.5 and A330 vers. 1.0.0.10

P3Dv4.5 HF2

What happens is that P3D crashes to desktop upon selection of the plane:

a. immediately (i.e. without getting to the point of the sliding bar of scenery loading) if the plane is selected from the start-up screen

b. upon selecting the plane from the start-up screen if a default plane was loaded first (P3D works OK, terrain loads, plane loads, etc. up to the point of selecting vehicle - Airbus Professional)

No entry either in Windows event viewer nor in AppCrashView

What I have done since then in an ettempt to understand the problem:

- run .net repair tool - same problem

- updated the 318/19 to 1.3.1.0 - same problem

- rolled back KB 4552931 and KB 4556799 to KB 4549951 and KB 4534132 - same problem both with A318/9 vers. 1.3.1.0 and A320/21 which is still at 1.3.0.5

ALL other planes (default and add on of various developers) work without problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advsnce

Alfa Tango

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please post the exact error message

Also I suggest to updste the A31x/A32x to 1.3.1 and the A330 to 1.0.1.0

This is a full new install!

Hi Mopperle, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I get no error message at all, just direct CTD. No error log either in Windows Event Viewer or in AppCrashView.

For debug reasons, I was trying both the 320/21 - which I had left at 1.3.0.5 - and the 318/9 - which I updated with the full uninstall/reinstall procedure to 1.3.1, but they both CTD as described.

Alfa Tango

• Deputy Sheriffs

But when it has worked before, something signifikant must have changed on your system. A CTD without an entry in the Windows Eventviewer is extremly rare and point to a massive problem with core Windows files. What was your last input/click before the crash. Did you e.g. select some thing special in the P3D scenario dialog?

No, and - as said - everything else works perfectly.

Many other add-on planes are fine, as well as ActiveSky.

To be absolutely precise, after the automatic update KB 4552931 and KB 4556799, I successfully flew once with the A320. Closed P3D. Restarted P3D and CTD from then on with all Airbuses. No problem with any other add-on, nor with default planes.

Alfa Tango

OK, the 'bus seems to be back in business.

What I did was to clean the windows registry entry of the .NET framework 4 version and then reinstall KB 4552931 cumulative .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 update.

Now both the A320/21 (still at 1.3.0.5 version) and the A318/19 (updated to 1.3.1) are working.

While all is well what ends well, I am wondering why I am hving these frequent issues with the .NET framework.

In the past, running the repair tool was sufficient to repair things, this time I had to work a little more, but the point remains that only the Airbus professional has had problems in the past as well as this time, while all other add-ons (including Aerosoft's CRJ) were never affected by the .NET framework updates.

Alfa Tango

Archived