Airbus Professional Elevator Shaking Problem

Rhett

Dear Developers,

After months and months of re-installation after un-installation, I have come to the end of my wits trying to solve this very same problem experienced in the following post (and experienced by other users).

I have tried the Aerosoft recommended un-installation and re-installation process more times than I can remember or count. Every time I have disabled the anti virus program (Windows 10 built in), deleted all associated Airbus files as well as the C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft\General folder. Uninstalled PTA, all REX programs, uninstalled and reinstalled the P3D Client and content. Cleared Shaders folder as per the "Airbus Professional Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure (for those having issues)" I found on the Aerosoft Forum. Every time I uninstall all the busses and then reinstall them all again after rebooting several times as instructed. I also delete the p3d config file (Prepar3D.cfg) and allow it to rebuild a new config file. 

Due to the response given to most users reporting similar problems, I felt that I was wasting my time asking for help and that I needed to find the solution for myself - as there are many thousands of users who apparently don't experience any problems. 

I have the A318/A319 and A330 busses and the exact same problem happens on every version of the Airbus installed. 

Please note however, that the experience I have is rather strange. The official uninstall and reinstall process works INITIALLY - but then after one or two flights it comes back again. Once the problem comes back, it stays until I follow the complete "Airbus Professional Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure (for those having issues)" process which is extremely time consuming as it resets everything and deletes all the additional liveries. A very painful and time consuming process I am no longer prepared to put up with.

I am using the absolutely latest Hotfix 3 for P3V4.5 and the absolutely latest complete downloadable versions of the airbuses. I have a high end PC as well.

I have tried lowering the P3D settings completely and the problem does not go away. 

So finally I would really appreciate some help on this as I have tried everything on my own and by reading every possible related forum topic I could find. The response from the developer(s) always seems to be that "performance"  (FPS) is the cause and that because there are so many happy users out there without problems, the problem is not with the product, but with the user's system. The above post describes my problem exactly and others have seen it as well. However the solution proposed only works temporarily for me. It keeps coming back after a few days .... no matter what I do.

I am happy to admit that it must be a problem with us users and I am not blaming a most enjoyable product (when it works) - but given that several users do have the same issue - there is obviously something we have in common. A forum (where others can share their experiences) seems the right place to post my troubles. 

What I have clearly noticed is that when the elevator flaps up and down, the trim wheel in the VC pedestal moves back and forth rapidly in time with the elevator. No amount of trimming or elevator control can stop the flapping / shacking of the elevator.

I have tried re-mapping all control axis, trim controls, tried switching from P3D built in axis controls to FSUIPC axis controls and back - and none of these efforts fix the problem. 

I have never experienced this on any other aircraft in my entire life. Only the Aerosoft Professional Airbuses. I have almost all the well known high end aircraft addons running perfectly (PMDG, Majestic, TFDi, FS LABS A320, etc.)

The problem happens mostly just after take off and just before landing. Now I know that the first thing you are going to talk about is the performance. This is ABSOLUTELY not the issue in my case. My frame rates seldom drop below 30 and I monitor them very closely on the screen and the problem happens every time - even at the most remote default airport in the word in the middle of nowhere where performance is absolutely no problem.

I have checked and set the P3D display (options) settings as per the Aerosoft Airbus Professional manuals and it does not change or fix anything.

I do use the built in checklist and co-pilot.

It is such a pity the post linked above post was closed for further comments as the solution provided by the helpful user did not work for me - at least not permanently.

I do have one specific question regarding the solution posted by the user reporting the problem in the post shared above. He made reference to the following:  "First, you have to uninstall all the Airbuses, then go to Documents/Aerosoft and delete (or rename) the Airbus, Airbus_research and General Folder". I only found the following folder which I always delete completely with every re-install process "C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft\General". I could not find "Airbus, Airbus_research" ? Where do I find these folders / files ?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rhett

I suffer from this same issue on both products I own, 318/19 and 330. Uninstall with cleaning all remaining folders with a reboot hasn't helped me either. Keeping my eye on this thread.

On 16.5.2020 at 13:32, Rhett sagte:

Dear Developers,

After months and months of re-installation after un-installation, I have come to the end of my wits trying to solve this very same problem experienced in the following post (and experienced by other users).

I have tried the Aerosoft recommended un-installation and re-installation process more times than I can remember or count. Every time I have disabled the anti virus program (Windows 10 built in), deleted all associated Airbus files as well as the C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft\General folder. Uninstalled PTA, all REX programs, uninstalled and reinstalled the P3D Client and content. Cleared Shaders folder as per the "Airbus Professional Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure (for those having issues)" I found on the Aerosoft Forum. Every time I uninstall all the busses and then reinstall them all again after rebooting several times as instructed. I also delete the p3d config file (Prepar3D.cfg) and allow it to rebuild a new config file. 

Due to the response given to most users reporting similar problems, I felt that I was wasting my time asking for help and that I needed to find the solution for myself - as there are many thousands of users who apparently don't experience any problems. 

I have the A318/A319 and A330 busses and the exact same problem happens on every version of the Airbus installed. 

Please note however, that the experience I have is rather strange. The official uninstall and reinstall process works INITIALLY - but then after one or two flights it comes back again. Once the problem comes back, it stays until I follow the complete "Airbus Professional Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure (for those having issues)" process which is extremely time consuming as it resets everything and deletes all the additional liveries. A very painful and time consuming process I am no longer prepared to put up with.

I am using the absolutely latest Hotfix 3 for P3V4.5 and the absolutely latest complete downloadable versions of the airbuses. I have a high end PC as well.

I have tried lowering the P3D settings completely and the problem does not go away. 

So finally I would really appreciate some help on this as I have tried everything on my own and by reading every possible related forum topic I could find. The response from the developer(s) always seems to be that "performance"  (FPS) is the cause and that because there are so many happy users out there without problems, the problem is not with the product, but with the user's system. The above post describes my problem exactly and others have seen it as well. However the solution proposed only works temporarily for me. It keeps coming back after a few days .... no matter what I do.

I am happy to admit that it must be a problem with us users and I am not blaming a most enjoyable product (when it works) - but given that several users do have the same issue - there is obviously something we have in common. A forum (where others can share their experiences) seems the right place to post my troubles. 

What I have clearly noticed is that when the elevator flaps up and down, the trim wheel in the VC pedestal moves back and forth rapidly in time with the elevator. No amount of trimming or elevator control can stop the flapping / shacking of the elevator.

I have tried re-mapping all control axis, trim controls, tried switching from P3D built in axis controls to FSUIPC axis controls and back - and none of these efforts fix the problem. 

I have never experienced this on any other aircraft in my entire life. Only the Aerosoft Professional Airbuses. I have almost all the well known high end aircraft addons running perfectly (PMDG, Majestic, TFDi, FS LABS A320, etc.)

The problem happens mostly just after take off and just before landing. Now I know that the first thing you are going to talk about is the performance. This is ABSOLUTELY not the issue in my case. My frame rates seldom drop below 30 and I monitor them very closely on the screen and the problem happens every time - even at the most remote default airport in the word in the middle of nowhere where performance is absolutely no problem.

I have checked and set the P3D display (options) settings as per the Aerosoft Airbus Professional manuals and it does not change or fix anything.

I do use the built in checklist and co-pilot.

It is such a pity the post linked above post was closed for further comments as the solution provided by the helpful user did not work for me - at least not permanently.

I do have one specific question regarding the solution posted by the user reporting the problem in the post shared above. He made reference to the following:  "First, you have to uninstall all the Airbuses, then go to Documents/Aerosoft and delete (or rename) the Airbus, Airbus_research and General Folder". I only found the following folder which I always delete completely with every re-install process "C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft\General". I could not find "Airbus, Airbus_research" ? Where do I find these folders / files ?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rhett

Dear Rhett,

Thank you for reading my post.

What I did was deleting all the folders inside Documents\Aerosoft (Except the ASUpdater and CRJ Folder, if you have these). The Airbus_Research folder may not have anything to do with the Airbus Professional, so forget about it tif you don't have it, haha.

It will prompt you that General cannot be deleted because some files are being used (this is due to the EFB folder which contains fonts). Delete all the folders inside general and enter the EFB folder to delete everything you can.

Finally reinstall the Airbus and it should rebuild these folders correctly.

Stay safe!

Kind regards,

Pablo

4 hours ago, Pablo__sk8 said:

Dear Rhett,

Thank you for reading my post.

What I did was deleting all the folders inside Documents\Aerosoft (Except the ASUpdater and CRJ Folder, if you have these). The Airbus_Research folder may not have anything to do with the Airbus Professional, so forget about it tif you don't have it, haha.

It will prompt you that General cannot be deleted because some files are being used (this is due to the EFB folder which contains fonts). Delete all the folders inside general and enter the EFB folder to delete everything you can.

Finally reinstall the Airbus and it should rebuild these folders correctly.

Stay safe!

Kind regards,

Pablo

Thanks Pablo for the clarification and feedback - much appreciated.

This is exactly what I do and it works only for about 1 flight. The next day the problem returns. I am unfortunately so tired of uninstalling and re-installing after every flight! 😞 So disappointed. I have no idea what triggers it but it definitely not performance related as after re installation, it works at the most FPS heavy of airport sceneries without any problems and then the next time it starts flapping again - no matter which airport I try or which scenery settings I apply. Its a real mystery - but sadly its the end of the road for me for Aerosoft aircraft as it happens for every install version and with both the A318/319 and A330. Exactly the same problem!!

I don't have the CRJ or Airbus_Research folders. I have no problem when deleting the EFB folder.

I really hope that other users could assist as I have seen quite a few with this problem. Aerosoft have not responded to my post yet.

Kind regards,

On 21.5.2020 at 17:54, Rhett sagte:

Thanks Pablo for the clarification and feedback - much appreciated.

This is exactly what I do and it works only for about 1 flight. The next day the problem returns. I am unfortunately so tired of uninstalling and re-installing after every flight! 😞 So disappointed. I have no idea what triggers it but it definitely not performance related as after re installation, it works at the most FPS heavy of airport sceneries without any problems and then the next time it starts flapping again - no matter which airport I try or which scenery settings I apply. Its a real mystery - but sadly its the end of the road for me for Aerosoft aircraft as it happens for every install version and with both the A318/319 and A330. Exactly the same problem!!

I don't have the CRJ or Airbus_Research folders. I have no problem when deleting the EFB folder.

I really hope that other users could assist as I have seen quite a few with this problem. Aerosoft have not responded to my post yet.

Kind regards,

Okay,

I can cofirm that the issue is back after having made several flights. It's very annoying.

Please reply to the topic, as this is happening to more people and not just one or two persons.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Pablo

On 5/26/2020 at 6:44 AM, Pablo__sk8 said:

Okay,

I can cofirm that the issue is back after having made several flights. It's very annoying.

Please reply to the topic, as this is happening to more people and not just one or two persons.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Pablo

Looking at  your former posts, I see that you've not provided your systems specifications. But I do see you provided your P3D settings, and I would try eliminating all shadow settings and see if that makes a difference on your system.

Additionally, I would love to have you post your ActiveSky Options settings (the "Prepar3DOptions.cfg" file, or whatever file you are using for ActiveSky settings).

Additionally, there is a setting in the Configurator that 90% of customers should not have checked though I can tell you that many people do.  It's the ECAM Rendering check box.  Try ensuring this is NOT checked.

I would also like to know what weather engine people are using, well, those who have this issue.

On 1.6.2020 at 15:13, DaveCT2003 sagte:

Looking at  your former posts, I see that you've not provided your systems specifications. But I do see you provided your P3D settings, and I would try eliminating all shadow settings and see if that makes a difference on your system.

Additionally, I would love to have you post your ActiveSky Options settings (the "Prepar3DOptions.cfg" file, or whatever file you are using for ActiveSky settings).

Additionally, there is a setting in the Configurator that 90% of customers should not have checked though I can tell you that many people do.  It's the ECAM Rendering check box.  Try ensuring this is NOT checked.

I would also like to know what weather engine people are using, well, those who have this issue.

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

I have unchecked the ECAM Rendering check box. I usually use Active Sky P3D, but during the tests I only used the default P3D weather. I will attach my settings file to this post. I also deleted the shadow settings and ran the "Delete Generated Files" file.

My PC specs are the following:

✔️ Intel i7 8700K OC @ 4.7 GhZ (I also get the problem at stock frequency, so it has nothing to do with my OC)
✔️ Gigabyte Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING 2.0 OP
✔️ G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
✔️ Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i v2
✔️ Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250 GB
✔️ Kingston A400 SSD 240GB
✔️ Corsair MX500 SSD 500GB (P3D v4 + AS Airbus)
✔️ Corsair MX500 SSD 250GB
✔️ Intel Optane M.2 32GB
✔️ Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" 2TB SATA3
✔️ Corsair RM750X V2 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular
✔️ MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB GDDR5X
✔️ Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64Bits OEM

So I guess that my PC is not the problem, as it runs flawlessly.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Pablo

ActiveSkyP3Dv4Settings.CFG

2 hours ago, Pablo__sk8 said:

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

I have unchecked the ECAM Rendering check box. I usually use Active Sky P3D, but during the tests I only used the default P3D weather. I will attach my settings file to this post. I also deleted the shadow settings and ran the "Delete Generated Files" file.

My PC specs are the following:

✔️ Intel i7 8700K OC @ 4.7 GhZ (I also get the problem at stock frequency, so it has nothing to do with my OC)
✔️ Gigabyte Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING 2.0 OP
✔️ G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
✔️ Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i v2
✔️ Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250 GB
✔️ Kingston A400 SSD 240GB
✔️ Corsair MX500 SSD 500GB (P3D v4 + AS Airbus)
✔️ Corsair MX500 SSD 250GB
✔️ Intel Optane M.2 32GB
✔️ Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" 2TB SATA3
✔️ Corsair RM750X V2 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular
✔️ MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB GDDR5X
✔️ Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64Bits OEM

So I guess that my PC is not the problem, as it runs flawlessly.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Pablo

ActiveSkyP3Dv4Settings.CFG 1.37 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you my friend.

That's a very nice system, and GREAT move on the power supply - you went for one of the best and I wish everyone did.

Anyway, I agree, it's not likely a hardware issue.

ActiveSky settings are pretty good.

Do you have P3D installed to your Program Files folder?  If so, let's try ensuring that the user account (which should be a Admin account) has all permissions enabled for the Lockheed Martin folder.  Then try again and let me know what you find?

We have several threads in our forums where to the best of my recollection, less than 10 people have reported this issue all the way back to P3Dv4.3.  I have never experienced it myself (I probably have 10 times the hours of our most active Airbus customer) and I can't reproduce it even with a saved flight and saved weather from customers.

Okay, so it's possible for default weather to inject weather issues, so I would always use a weather engine unless you're test both with and without the weather engine to rule it out.

Update. My issue with this appears to be resolved after installing to a non "auto discovery path" folder. 

I had originally set up my system to have a few auto discovery folders to organize addons. The airbus addons were installed in one. I read another thread that recommended not installing the busses in that type of folder if you use Lorby addon organizer. So I installed the products in a separate/dedicated folder and edited the add-ons.cfg file in the programdata location to include them as packages. At this point all appears to be good. I've flown a handful of test flights with each addon without experiencing any trim/elevator issues.

Hope this helps...

Hi all,

Well I have good (amazing) news for those users who have suffered from this problem. I discovered it after confirming that the root cause also produced some related problems in P3Dv5 (but P3Dv5 seems to have better warning checks to detect the root cause problem when loading the aircraft into the sim).

And as I mentioned before, it has absolutely nothing to do with systems, performance and/or settings!!

The problem is created when running Lorby's Addon Organiser at any time after installation of the airbuses and running P3D as it automatically moves all the Aerosoft add-on.xml entries from the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 OR

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 

(depending on which simulator you are using)

to the following folder:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 OR 

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Lorby's Addon Organiser shows the following message when it does so (this is the very cause of the problem!):

Please login to display this image.

This causes the aerosoft wings flapping problem for some reason I do not understand. 

The solution for me is either not to run Lorby's Addon Organiser (which however is a great tool and is required if you want to create the required file necessary to run Pete Dowson's MakeRwys.exe tool for RAAS and to manage your addon entry positions and scenery order / layering, etc.), . . . 

Or you can follow this fairly simple procedure after running Lorby's Addon Organiser to fix the change that Lorby's addon organiser automatically made:

1. Delete the Aerosoft Airbus addon entries using Lorby's Addon Organiser (go to the "Packages" tab and find the Aerosoft Airbus packages and delete them).

2. Add the Aerosoft Airbus package entries manually back into the add-ons.cfg file (where they were placed originally by default after a clean installation of the airbuses and then followed by running P3D) in the following folder: 

3. Run P3D !

NOTES: 

In case you need them, here are the add-on.xml entries for P3Dv4 that go into the above mentioned add-ons.cfg file (use only the ones that you have):

You may have to double check the exact path and that the User folder name is corrected if necessary.

[Package.??]
PATH=C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
TITLE=Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.??]
PATH=C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
TITLE=Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.??]
PATH=C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A330 Professional
TITLE=AAerosoft A330 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Here are the add-on.xml entries for P3Dv5 that go into the above mentioned add-ons.cfg file:

[Package.??]
PATH=C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Pro V5
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.??]
PATH=C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Pro V5
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.??]
PATH=C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A330 Pro V5
TITLE=Aerosoft A330 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Add the packages to the bottom of the add-ons.cfg file right below the last [Package.??] entry and insert the appropriate Package.?? sequential numbers for each package you are adding back (similar to when adding aircraft liveries manually to the aircraft.cfg file).

This explains why the erratic / flapping elevator problem was only temporarily solved after uninstalling the airbuses, restarting the PC, running P3D (which clears the add-on entries), then installing the airbuses again, and running P3D (which places the airbus add-on entries to the add-ons.cfg file in the "correct" folder location). 

Hope this helps those of you who have had this terrible problem !

All the best and enjoy the airbus.

Aerosoft - please can you not close this thread as there may be other clever users out there that could add more efficient or better ways of fixing the problem than my method above (after using Lorby's Addon Organiser).

Regards,

Rhett

On 3.6.2020 at 14:47, DaveCT2003 sagte:

Thank you my friend.

That's a very nice system, and GREAT move on the power supply - you went for one of the best and I wish everyone did.

Anyway, I agree, it's not likely a hardware issue.

ActiveSky settings are pretty good.

Do you have P3D installed to your Program Files folder?  If so, let's try ensuring that the user account (which should be a Admin account) has all permissions enabled for the Lockheed Martin folder.  Then try again and let me know what you find?

We have several threads in our forums where to the best of my recollection, less than 10 people have reported this issue all the way back to P3Dv4.3.  I have never experienced it myself (I probably have 10 times the hours of our most active Airbus customer) and I can't reproduce it even with a saved flight and saved weather from customers.

Okay, so it's possible for default weather to inject weather issues, so I would always use a weather engine unless you're test both with and without the weather engine to rule it out.

On 8.6.2020 at 19:38, papacoach sagte:

Update. My issue with this appears to be resolved after installing to a non "auto discovery path" folder. 

I had originally set up my system to have a few auto discovery folders to organize addons. The airbus addons were installed in one. I read another thread that recommended not installing the busses in that type of folder if you use Lorby addon organizer. So I installed the products in a separate/dedicated folder and edited the add-ons.cfg file in the programdata location to include them as packages. At this point all appears to be good. I've flown a handful of test flights with each addon without experiencing any trim/elevator issues.

Hope this helps...

On 9.6.2020 at 17:58, Rhett sagte:

Hi all,

Well I have good (amazing) news for those users who have suffered from this problem. I discovered it after confirming that the root cause also produced some related problems in P3Dv5 (but P3Dv5 seems to have better warning checks to detect the root cause problem when loading the aircraft into the sim).

And as I mentioned before, it has absolutely nothing to do with systems, performance and/or settings!!

The problem is created when running Lorby's Addon Organiser at any time after installation of the airbuses and running P3D as it automatically moves all the Aerosoft add-on.xml entries from the following folder:

to the following folder:

Lorby's Addon Organiser shows the following message when it does so (this is the very cause of the problem!):

This causes the aerosoft wings flapping problem for some reason I do not understand. 

The solution for me is either not to run Lorby's Addon Organiser (which however is a great tool and is required if you want to create the required file necessary to run Pete Dowson's MakeRwys.exe tool for RAAS and to manage your addon entry positions and scenery order / layering, etc.), . . . 

Or you can follow this fairly simple procedure after running Lorby's Addon Organiser to fix the change that Lorby's addon organiser automatically made:

1. Delete the Aerosoft Airbus addon entries using Lorby's Addon Organiser (go to the "Packages" tab and find the Aerosoft Airbus packages and delete them).

2. Add the Aerosoft Airbus package entries manually back into the add-ons.cfg file (where they were placed originally by default after a clean installation of the airbuses and then followed by running P3D) in the following folder: 

3. Run P3D !

NOTES: 

In case you need them, here are the add-on.xml entries for P3Dv4 that go into the above mentioned add-ons.cfg file (use only the ones that you have):

You may have to double check the exact path and that the User folder name is corrected if necessary.

[Package.??]
PATH=C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.??]
PATH=C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Here are the add-on.xml entries for P3Dv5 that go into the above mentioned add-ons.cfg file:

[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Add the packages to the bottom of the add-ons.cfg file right below the last [Package.??] entry and insert the appropriate Package.?? sequential numbers for each package you are adding back (similar to when adding aircraft liveries manually to the aircraft.cfg file).

This explains why the erratic / flapping elevator problem was only temporarily solved after uninstalling the airbuses, restarting the PC, running P3D (which clears the add-on entries), then installing the airbuses again, and running P3D (which places the airbus add-on entries to the add-ons.cfg file in the "correct" folder location). 

Aerosoft - please can you not close this thread as there may be other clever users out there that could add more efficient or better ways of fixing the problem than my method above (after using Lorby's Addon Organiser).

Regards,

Rhett

Good evening everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.

Thank you, haha. A good Power Supply Unit is crucial to make the computer work well and protect it from eventual damage.

First of all, I have experienced this problem with and without using Active Sky. Secondly, I have Prepar3D installed to a SATA 3 SSD which only contains the simulator. I always run Prepar3D as an administrator. Thirdly, I do not have or use Lorby’s addon manager or any similar programs.

Thank you for your kind help.

Stay safe!

Kind regards,

Pablo

Didn’t help your suggestions. Elevator moving up and down very quickly than the plane crashed . installed, reinstalled 1000 times and the problem is coming back always. no weather addon has been used.

I'm not using LOA (lorby's addon organiser) but I'm still having the problem for some reason. Also, I could download it but I don't understand too much of what Rhett said tbh.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:28 PM, Rhett said:

Hi all,

to the following folder:

3. Run P3D !

NOTES: 

[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Regards,

Rhett

Thank you for your explanation, though me as a new simmer, could you please elaborate on what you mean by "addon entries" and package entries?

Hi RavenKraan,

The preferred P3D method of identifying add-ons and their necessary components is by using an add-on.xml file in the P3D add-on folder normally located here:

C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

These addd-on.xml files are then read by P3D and added to a file called add-ons.cfg which contains all the add-ons used and, in the case of scenery addons, the relevant scenery layering number.

Unfortunately for some reason, there are two add-ons.cfg files used by P3D, one in each of the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

and

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 

I am not sure why this is the case. but the airbus must appear in the former and not the latter.

Cheers

18 hours ago, Pablo__sk8 said:

[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Hi all,

Please note a typo slipped into the above [Package.??] entry for the A330 in P3Dv4. Aerosoft should only have one A (not "AAerosoft") in the TITLE!

It should read:

[Package.??]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Regards,

Rhett

More good news,

I contacted the Lorby's Addon Organiser Developer and the latest version (addonorganizer_1_55_b07.zip) has removed the autocorrect feature. 

Here is a very helpful comment from the Lorby Addon Organiser (P4AO / P5AO) developer regarding the history:

"Hello Rhett,

Yes, that is a known issue. The latest version of P4AO doesn’t do that automated action anymore. If somebody or something are screwing up their addon references now, they will have to deal with them manually.

The core issue is, that you can’t install the Airbus in certain locations, like the default autodiscovery path. The Airbus installer adds it as a CLI addon, so installing it in autodiscovery locations will create a circular reference (P3D will see it twice). This was a bug back in P3D 4.4, where the sim used the wrong add-on.cfg file, which is why P4AO corrected it.  That bug had been acknowledged by Lockheed and they resolved it in V4.5, but the correction logic was still there in P4AO.

IMHO the Aerosoft installer should check for a situation like that and warn you. I have participated in a thread on the Aerosoft forum too, and told them about what I found.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/151513-nd-log-file-could-not-be-generated-error-message-returns/page/2/

Best regards

Oliver Binder

Lorby-SI"

IMHO, its such a pity that the Aerosoft Airbus developers seem not to have been aware of this problem which has caused so much unnecessary frustration and wasted time for so many users / customers of the Airbus Product range (which I otherwise love). Interesting that that there is still no acknowledgement from the developers about this issue and if it is known by the developers, that they never offer it as a potential solution and continually harp on about the users systems and performance being the problem. I have not had the flapping elevator problem on departure and approach ever since I discovered the root cause - which is a massive victory - and it hasn't come back!

For those not using Lorby's and also have the flapping elevator problem,  I would strongly recommend that you check the above thread and confirm for yourself that the Aerosoft Airbuses are installed in the add-ons.cfg file in the following folder:

and not in the add-ons.cfg file in the following folder:

Regards,

Rhett

21 hours ago, Rhett said:

More good news,

I contacted the Lorby's Addon Organiser Developer and the latest version (addonorganizer_1_55_b07.zip) has removed the autocorrect feature. 

Here is a very helpful comment from the Lorby Addon Organiser (P4AO / P5AO) developer regarding the history:

"Hello Rhett,

Yes, that is a known issue. The latest version of P4AO doesn’t do that automated action anymore. If somebody or something are screwing up their addon references now, they will have to deal with them manually.

The core issue is, that you can’t install the Airbus in certain locations, like the default autodiscovery path. The Airbus installer adds it as a CLI addon, so installing it in autodiscovery locations will create a circular reference (P3D will see it twice). This was a bug back in P3D 4.4, where the sim used the wrong add-on.cfg file, which is why P4AO corrected it.  That bug had been acknowledged by Lockheed and they resolved it in V4.5, but the correction logic was still there in P4AO.

IMHO the Aerosoft installer should check for a situation like that and warn you. I have participated in a thread on the Aerosoft forum too, and told them about what I found.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/151513-nd-log-file-could-not-be-generated-error-message-returns/page/2/

Best regards

Oliver Binder

Lorby-SI"

IMHO, its such a pity that the Aerosoft Airbus developers seem not to have been aware of this problem which has caused so much unnecessary frustration and wasted time for so many users / customers of the Airbus Product range (which I otherwise love). Interesting that that there is still no acknowledgement from the developers about this issue and if it is known by the developers, that they never offer it as a potential solution and continually harp on about the users systems and performance being the problem. I have not had the flapping elevator problem on departure and approach ever since I discovered the root cause - which is a massive victory - and it hasn't come back!

For those not using Lorby's and also have the flapping elevator problem,  I would strongly recommend that you check the above thread and confirm for yourself that the Aerosoft Airbuses are installed in the add-ons.cfg file in the following folder:

and not in the add-ons.cfg file in the following folder:

Regards,

Rhett

Thanks for trying to help, Rhett. But the problem is that I am not using Lorby's Addon Organiser although am still having the issue. Any thoughts on this?

Both you guys have the Airbus installed to Documents\Preparedv4 folder?  As I've posted in another thread about this issue, that is not the correct place to install the Airbus.  If you look up that other thread you'll find that I listed the folders that you really don't want to install the Airbus to, but I'll list them for you below.

If you have one hard drive then then as far as I'm concerned the best place to install the Airbus is to the Documents\Aerosoft folder.  If you have a second hard drive that is as least as fast as the hard drive with Windows on it then I would install the Airbus to the second hard drive though in truth I've found very little discernible benefit to doing this as the Airbus gets loaded into memory anyway. There is benefit to loading payware scenery on a second hard drive.

The locations you never want to install the Airbus to are listed below.  These locations are listed because I've helped customers who had the Airbus installed to them:

1. Program Files (including any sub-folders, especially the Prepar3d folder).

2. Program Files X86.

3. ProgramData folder.

4. The main Prepar3d folder, regardless of where it's installed to.  I've listed this a second time because many people install P3D outside the Program Files folder, and doing so is only important if you don't know how to or don't wish to bother with editing folder permissions (so if you have Prepar3d installed to the Program Files folder and don't have to uninstall and reinstall elsewhere, just edit the Prepar3d folder permissions to allow installers and your account full access to the Prepar3d folder).

5. The AppData folder.

6. The Desktop folder.

7. Documents\Preapar3d Add-ons folder.

From the post above and in another thread about this, I see that at least some of you have the Airbus installed to number 7 (above).  I can't say if installing the Airbus to another folder will resolve this issue for you.  The default installation path for the Airbus install is the Documents\Aerosoft folder.

I've never experienced the issue you guys are having.  Several years ago Mathijs found a customer who had the same or at least very similar issue and he lived not to far from someplace Mathijs was going so Mathijs visited the customer to see this issue first hand.  He tried adjusting all sorts of things, and the only thing that resolved this was reinstalling Windows and the user reported the problem had indeed vanished after he did so.

I can see where a motherboard with issues or running with an overclock that doesn't match the bus speeds, voltages, etc., to the processor speed could cause this.  In fact, I'm certain of this, and such an issue might only be seen with FSX/Prepared while games like first person shooters might run just fine.

Rapid changes in barometric pressure in the sim might well cause this and a few years ago we looked at this, but to my knowledge nobody ever found this to be the case and I tested the same locations and routes as a customer who reported this and did not have the issue myself.

I would not sit by and wait for a patch, because nobody I know believes this is a problem with the software.  What I would do is try reinstalling Windows as this seems to be the best thing to try.

Oh, there is something else which could cause this.  Having Malware on your computer.  If you decide to go for a fresh Windows install would certainly eliminate Malware so long as you're not re-installing something that is infected with Malware.

I think every long term flight simmer has experienced issues that they could not figure out, and all the frustration that comes with it.  So I want you to know that I truly understand your frustration and if I knew of anything else that might help I would share it with you.  You really need to consider that thousands of customers and none of the developers or Beta Testers experience this issue, so it almost certainly has to be something with your computer.  I'm not passing the buck, I'm simply looking that this logically, and I share it with you knowing it's not what you want to hear.  It's just the best information I can give you.

Best wishes.

Archived