A330 Slow Memory Leak?

CaptNabs

Hey guys,

While recently troubleshooting my A330, I noticed that it seems to continually grow its memory footprint throughout a flight, at a rate of about 10 megs per minute. No other aircraft I've noticed does this. Other aircraft remain relatively consistent throughout a flight, even 4-5 hours, with some variations as scenery is loaded and unloaded. 1.5-3GB. But after a 7 hour flight in the A330, P3D's memory footprint is at 8 GB.

This isn't fully a problem for those with plenty of memory (32GB in my system), but is there a reason this occurs only on this aircraft?

This occurs on a virgin P3Dv4.5 HF3 installation, with a virgin Windows 10 installation. (I just reinstalled everything fresh to eliminate some random A330 crashes, which it did the trick, but the memory leak is still there.) There are NO other addons currently installed, or even any scenery. Only the A330 and PMDG's 737. Other than these 2 airplanes, it is a fresh P3D install.

At least I finally got my random CTDs sorted with my fresh windows install...

Cheers

CaptNabs

mmh, I flew 13-14 hour flights without ever running into something like this back in the HF2 days. Haven't done any HF3 flight of this lengh yet.

Strange. My 330 is still doing it (no other airplane in my sim seems to cause this). However, on the last few flights the memory footprint does a weird thing and suddenly shrinks after many hours in the air. Around 5 or 6 hours, with memory use approaching 7-8 gigs, all of a sudden it resets to 1.5 gigs. At least it has not crashed since I reinstalled Windows. Still something weird going on though....

Archived