Should I update with the new P3Dv5 updates

portanav

Hi;

If I am using P3Dv4.5 would I benefit anything by updating my scenery with the new P3Dv5 updates, or are these specific to P3Dv5 only, and should not be used?

Thanks.

If  you do, I would keep P3Dv4.5HF3 installed for regular flights.

Here is a post I wrote on this subject matter just last night and shortly afterwards there was a post on AVSIM from someone who I have a lot of respect for, you can also read what he wrote. As far as I'm concerned, there really is no need to discuss this matter further here, there are countless posts about this in flight sim forums all over the Internet.

Just not a Nike moment.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/575248-p3dv5-one-month-in/

• Developer

I think his question was not to change his Sim to P3D V5. I understand the question, if the Addon Updates for V5 are also updates for User of V4.5?
Answer: Normally not, as this are special code to use new SDKs of P3D V5, which are not working in V4.x

As long as there are no new patches or new Fullinstaller special for P3D V4, the Updates are not for P3D V4.x users. When the Product is already supported by the ASUpdater, check them there.

One sample, where also the V4 Version got an update is „Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional“, where some changes included and the ASupdater is now usable after the Install of the new Installer 1.2.0.0 in P3D V4.

The Installer for V5 is separate and has the Version 2.0.0.0

The Version 1.2.0.0 for V4 and 2.0.0.0 for V5 are the some Data, only other codes.

The only difference is, the new P3D V5 Simulator makes it possible, that AI Aircrafts can follow the taxiway bridges over the highway, that is not possible in V4.

3 hours ago, OPabst said:

I think his question was not to change his Sim to P3D V5. I understand the question, if the Addon Updates for V5 are also updates for User of V4.5?
Answer: Normally not, as this are special code to use new SDKs of P3D V5, which are not working in V4.x

As long as there are no new patches or new Fullinstaller special for P3D V4, the Updates are not for P3D V4.x users. When the Product is already supported by the ASUpdater, check them there.

One sample, where also the V4 Version got an update is „Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional“, where some changes included and the ASupdater is now usable after the Install of the new Installer 1.2.0.0 in P3D V4.

The Installer for V5 is separate and has the Version 2.0.0.0

The Version 1.2.0.0 for V4 and 2.0.0.0 for V5 are the some Data, only other codes.

The only difference is, the new P3D V5 Simulator makes it possible, that AI Aircrafts can follow the taxiway bridges over the highway, that is not possible in V4.

Thank you Oliver, I missed that as I was flying around the forums answering posts.... Great Job (as usual).

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived