Thrust Reduction / Acceleration Alt.

atav757

Is it possible in a future update to allow THR RED and ACC altitudes to accept values below 1000msl? The company I'm referencing uses 800AGL as thrust reduction and accel altitudes as standard. Of course it works fine at higher elevation airports as I can just at 800 to the field elevation. But taking off from KSFO and putting in 813/813 doesn't work. Maybe for the future?

2 hours ago, atav757 said:

Is it possible in a future update to allow THR RED and ACC altitudes to accept values below 1000msl? The company I'm referencing uses 800AGL as thrust reduction and accel altitudes as standard. Of course it works fine at higher elevation airports as I can just at 800 to the field elevation. But taking off from KSFO and putting in 813/813 doesn't work. Maybe for the future?

Would you please PM me the airline (SAS?) and relevant info (procedure) and we'll take a look at this.

By the way, if I recall correctly, our Airbuses have the Thrust Reduction Altitude Limit at 1500 per Airbus's documentation (Standard for the Airbus is 1500ft with the bare bones minimum (with a low TOW) of 800ft).  But we're happy to look at what information you have.

Many thanks.

30 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Would you please PM me the airline (SAS?) and relevant info (procedure) and we'll take a look at this.

By the way, if I recall correctly, our Airbuses have the Thrust Reduction Altitude Limit at 1500 per Airbus's documentation (Standard for the Airbus is 1500ft with the bare bones minimum (with a low TOW) of 800ft).  But we're happy to look at what information you have.

Many thanks.

If you guys have it modelled at 800-1500 then that's exactly right! It's just that it doesn't appear to work for me, anything below 1000 returns a OUT OF RANGE. I'll PM you now.

EDIT:

I'm an idiot... the airline manual says right on it that when entering the altitude if it's below 1000, a leading zero MUST be entered.. so 818/818 should be entered as 0818/0818, is this how it's modelled with AS? (I'm not at a computer now to try). In that case, case closed! 

"PERF key . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Push
Enter/modify/check the following:
• Enter planned V‑speeds.
• TRANS ALT will default to the area of operation.
• THR RED/ACC ALT: set both to the MSL values printed on the ACARS
runway data message. Normally, both are 800 feet AFE. Other values
may be specified to meet operational requirements.
Note: Values must be entered as 4-digit numbers to include a leading
zero if the value is less than 1000 (e.g., 0851).
"

2 hours ago, atav757 said:

to allow THR RED and ACC altitudes to accept values below 1000

You have to insert value by putting " 0 " ( zero ) before the desired value, for example: 0800/0800.

We have the same policy in my company, with some exceptions in " special airports ".-

12 minutes ago, Polo said:

You have to insert value by putting " 0 " ( zero ) before the desired value, for example: 0800/0800.

We have the same policy in my company, with some exceptions in " special airports ".-

See above, figured it out! Thanks!

It's nice that you asked the question, because now people have something to read when they search for this.  That's why I created the new post for you instead of removing it and addressing this via PM.

So... good job!

Best wishes.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived