Update Failed

Doc_Z

I started SimStarter NG P3d, which I have in both P3d v4.5 and v5.  It called for an update, it ran and then reopened the app.  At that point I got an unhandled exception.  If I tried to continue,  it opened to a basic splash screen with a button that said "Run Only,"  Pushing that button gave me an error saying it could not find the file  "file2list."  What is wrong?  Do I have to uninstall and install the whole thing again? If I do that, saving the data file will restore my profiles, correct?

When I open the app, I get the unhandled exception error. If I try to continue and try to create a support package, it just hangs.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Please rename your ".\data\" folder to ".\data.off" and try again. In addition please send the logfile ".\log\SIMstarter NG.log"

...and see your personal messages! 😉

• Developer

Looks like the update has not worked. May the Antivirus has blocked something.

Please do:

1) check if there is a file .\up2date\up2date.exe.update - if yes, please remove it

2) Restart SIMstarter NG

If that does not work reinstall SIMstarter NG P3D (recommend turning of Antivirus).

Not quite.  P3d v5 is ok.  When I try to switch at the beginning to v4.5, it opens to settings.  When I select OK, it says it can't find the simcfgBackup folder. It exists where it is supposed to be.

• Developer

Yes and you configuration point to:

C:\aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\userprofiles\P3Dv4\simCfgBackup

See .\data\userprofiles\P3Dv4\settings.ini

[PATH]

pathSimCfgBackup=C:\aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\userprofiles\P3Dv4\simCfgBackup

Not sure what you want me to do?  The setting.ini has the correct path: C:\aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\userprofiles\P3Dv4\simCfgBackup. 

Nolw, however, when I started the program it said: CRITICAL ERROR: Important file(s) or folder(s) not found:
5/16/2020 9:10:00 AM FAIL      PROGRAM             < C:\aerosoft\SIMstarter NG P3D\up2date\up2date.exe >  

That was the file you wanted me to remove.

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, Doc_Z sagte:

Not sure what you want me to do?  The setting.ini has the correct path: C:\aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\userprofiles\P3Dv4\simCfgBackup. 

[...]

Yes, but it has to point to: C:\aerosoft\SIMstarter NG P3D\data\userprofiles\P3Dv4\simCfgBackup

Thats the issue...

Vor 1 Stunde, Doc_Z sagte:

[...]

Nolw, however, when I started the program it said: CRITICAL ERROR: Important file(s) or folder(s) not found:
5/16/2020 9:10:00 AM FAIL      PROGRAM             < C:\aerosoft\SIMstarter NG P3D\up2date\up2date.exe >  

That was the file you wanted me to remove.

No, I wantet you to remove .\up2date\up2date.exe.update not the up2date.exe itself.

Please take the attached one (unzip it). I will deploy 2.0.5 soon. With this all should work back to normal.

up2date.zip

• Developer

Sorry for the inconvenience on your system. Sometimes it's a little strange as the forum would have run over if this issue would have been affected all customers.

2.0.5 is out now. Please don't forget to correct your SimConfigBackup setting.

Please report here if 2.0.5 is working fine (may try to disable AV?)

Archived