A330 v1.0.1.0 File Location

Hello,

I just installed the latest version of the A330 and so far so good. I haven't taken it for a flight yet, however, I can't find the installation path.

Also, I'd like to see where the liveries are located in case I need to manually install a repaint (or create one myself).

Where does the new build install to by default?

1 hour ago, VAFPilot said:

Hello,

I just installed the latest version of the A330 and so far so good. I haven't taken it for a flight yet, however, I can't find the installation path.

Also, I'd like to see where the liveries are located in case I need to manually install a repaint (or create one myself).

Where does the new build install to by default?

The default installation path is Documents\Aerosoft folder.

Dave,

Thanks so much for responding. I was able to find out where the files installed. Somehow (I don't know how) the A330 installed into another Aerosoft scenery folder. I'm guessing it found it and I must have hit "OK" during the installation.

Anyway, I'm going to uninstall and then re-install making sure it uses the directory you mentioned above.

And if you don't mind, could you point me in the direction of how to fix/correct the .zip files for liveries using the livery manager? It seems with the new one you can't drag and drop like before without errors. Otherwise I'll be painfully installing manually. Sorry to get off track and onto a different topic.

I'll post here if the reinstall is successful.

~Will

14 minutes ago, VAFPilot said:

Dave,

Thanks so much for responding. I was able to find out where the files installed. Somehow (I don't know how) the A330 installed into another Aerosoft scenery folder. I'm guessing it found it and I must have hit "OK" during the installation.

Anyway, I'm going to uninstall and then re-install making sure it uses the directory you mentioned above.

And if you don't mind, could you point me in the direction of how to fix/correct the .zip files for liveries using the livery manager? It seems with the new one you can't drag and drop like before without errors. Otherwise I'll be painfully installing manually. Sorry to get off track and onto a different topic.

I'll post here if the reinstall is successful.

~Will

I'm involved in a test right now, so it would be easier and faster for you to search our forums for Livery Manager. The reason is that it's far from being straight forward in so far as adding past user created liveries.

Dave,

All is well with the reinstall. As I suspected, the A330 installer finds the other Aerosoft product folder (Maastricht) and places it there, not the actual default location. And I could barely see the "Browse" button on the installer as the colors are not very distinguishable from the rest of the window. I would like to suggest the button have a lighter (white) background in the future so it's more visible.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Just now, VAFPilot said:

Dave,

All is well with the reinstall. As I suspected, the A330 installer finds the other Aerosoft product folder (Maastricht) and places it there, not the actual default location. And I could barely see the "Browse" button on the installer as the colors are not very distinguishable from the rest of the window. I would like to suggest the button have a lighter (white) background in the future so it's more visible.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

That is a scenery folder isn't it?

Never, ever allow any installer to install to a locationi that you haven't checked, and when I say ANY installer I mean any installer for any type of softwre, not just flight sim.  What you need to do is check where something is being installed to, and if it's not a location you know is correct (as in NOT to another product install location) then take control and redirect the installer.

I don't know why, but our installers now follow the last place you installed something to, so I wouldn't allow any of them to do whatever they want.

Thanks, Dave.

Like I mentioned, I normally do watch to see where it's going to install but it was a bit difficult to see and it was not real obvious. Only after uninstalling and re-installing did I catch it. I was not aware that Aerosoft products kept the last install as the default and now that I know i will definitely be on guard in the future.

Thanks again, for answering and for providing more detail. Much appreciated.

Archived