New Livery Installer - are there ANY liveries that actually work?

I have updated the 318/319 and the 320/321, as well as the CRJ product to Professional.  Current versions all.

So now I have this 'brand new livery installer which works a little different than the one before' to quote Hans.  Evidently this new widget requires a file called "liveryinstaller.txt" inside the .zip archive.

What is the point of this, exactly, if none of the existing livery files do not have this txt file? 

Are we supposed to go back and edit each and every zip folder out there before we use this installer?  Wouldn't be simpler to just manually install? 

What was wrong with the old installer?

If this is progress, somebody is going to have to explain to me what the advantage is to this thing.

I have yet to find EVEN ONE livery on the download forms that work with this installer.  What am I missing here?

Well progress - thank you to Gustavo Aguilar, who uploaded a new livery about 2 hours ago.  It installed.

At least now I know this thing works.

Now maybe I can find another livery that will install?  Of course it could be that helpful generous souls like Gustavo will come back through and update their zip files. 

I think we can close this.  This tool will be really convenient in time, IMHO, as painters adopt this format.  We simply aren't there yet.

Archived