New version coming

Michael2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, kandress86 said:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having issues with the DC-8! The updater was telling me I had a new version, checked the version on my Flight1 Shop tool thing, still 2.0.0.0.  I assume the new version and installer will be put out over the next couple of days to the shops and so on? 
I thought it was some form of registry error on my end, then I wondered why I lost the Autopilot 2D pop up. Hah.

Pity about no V5 compatibility, but It's perfectly fine by me, I own v5 but not alot of addons I use support it yet. But i'm glad to see the DC-8 is getting some new features, as it's a fantastic bird. One of my favourite airliners ever. Just wish I was old enough to have experienced one IRL as a passenger! Steam Gauge airliners all the way, dislike the mainstream sim birds (Axxx/Bxxx) they're just pop in a flight plan roll out and that's it. At least with the DC-8 we get decent simulation and systems, the INS is one of my favourites. Surpasses the old 2D panel Delco CIVA INS that was free for FS9 and X, love it.

Kindest regards,

Kris.

Just to confirm after update on Aerosoft my account the version 3.01 is released as a full installer.

Works flawless, even the FE has gone back to work. Very stabil on FL340. I never fly higher with old aircraft. I remeber the captains on DC-50/53 in Swedish SCANAIR (SAS former charter airline) and STERLINGS captains when they got the B727-200 advanced in 1974, they did not fly higher thab FL340 either.

The Civ-A INS also seems to work better now.

Thanks a lot for the super uppgrade.

If there a plans for P3DV5 so make it paywere, just to let the goog old aircraft survive.

I do not think that P3D will go out upon release of MS FLIGHT 2020. If we look att history, seems like the FSX ( and FS9) still is alive, although X-Plane and P3D went into market.

With Best Regards, and thanks to Michael for ggod support

Bjorn

• Developer
On 6/8/2020 at 1:19 AM, sk945 said:

thanks to Michael for ggod support

You're very welcome.  I'll get the FSX version ready now and we should get it out soon. 

On 6/8/2020 at 6:46 PM, kandress86 said:

Any idea on the time frame of it going to stores like Flight1 and so on? Just kinda eager to get back in the air heh! 

Michael, please answer this question.

• Developer
On 6/11/2020 at 10:31 AM, maddz 737 said:

Is the Fsx version out yet?

Not yet.  I should get the files to Aerosoft early next week. 

I asked Just Flight about the update and they also said that they haven't received the new version yet. Other stores like PC Aviator or the Flightsim Store also do only have the old version 2.0.0.0.

It would be great if someone from Aerosoft could take a look into why so many stores have not received the latest version of the DC-8.

Thanks and Greetings
Tim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 1:25 PM, Caribpilot said:

Any updates on the FSX version?

Is this forum still alive? This question was asked on July 11 and today is July 26 and this person has still not received a response from aerosoft.. This is not good enough. This person "M. Carter" would appreciate an answer!

• Developer

Sorry the delay in posting and getting the new FSX version out.  I have been out of town a great deal (locally) and away from computers.  I'll get the FSX new version to Aerosoft this week and look at any support issues I see on the forum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 9:31 PM, Michael2 said:

Sorry the delay in posting and getting the new FSX version out.  I have been out of town a great deal (locally) and away from computers.  I'll get the FSX new version to Aerosoft this week and look at any support issues I see on the forum.

MOD: quite strong words removed from this post. Please understand, that we do not tolerate something like that here.

Regular as well as experimental updates are available for installation

Flight Simulator X (10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)) found: (D:\FSX\)

Product Name: Aerosoft Douglas DC-8 for FSX Acceleration/SP2

Installed version: 2.1.0.0
No updates available for this product!  

Archived