Error installing SAM Base Plugin

asandor

Hi, recently I saw there was a new SAM. It installed version 2.0.6. When I started up X-Plane 11.41 it was crashing before the aircraft was finished loading. From the error log, it looked like it was crashing because of sam.xpl. This is the message I was getting : Crash probably caused by "E:\Games\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\SAM\win_x64\SAM.xpl

I also noticed that this crash was only happening at airports that SAM was setup at.  If I got to an airport with no SAM XP loaded fine.

So I checked SAM2 Suite again and saw that the latest version was 2.0.5 and not 2.0.6. I completely removed SAM Suite using the uninstaller and removed the SAM directory in my XP plugins folder. When I try to reinstall SAM it keeps telling me there was an error installing SAM Base Plugin. I have tried installing it multiple times already and still the same problem. Sometimes it will fail at 11%, sometimes 9%. It varies.

I should also mention that I have paid for WorldJetways, so at the moment I can't use it because I can't install the SAM base pack.

Alex

• Administrator

Yes ,

the v2.06 has an issue. So actual is again v2.05 base SAM2 Plugin.

To reinstall the complete SAM2 (Suite and Plugin) was the correct handling at the time...

Greets Heinz

Archived