Random CTD's

Liamr685

Chaps,

Worst bug of them all in the newest update...Random CTD's

Out of all the flights i have done since updating, 50% of them have dropped out randomly.

I am not doing anything that is causing them, as they're at stages of flight that dont require my input, theyre also at various stages, departure/climb, cruise and descent. The sim just drops out, with no warning.

This is the only product doing this to my sim currently, Ive flown the QW787 and PMDG 744 recently, with no issues.

Until this is fixed, is there anyway I can get access to the previous version 1.3.0.0? 

this was the windows log for the CTD

Please login to display this image.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There is really nothing that could make these versions more prone to CTD's than older versions, in fact at least one has been fixed.  Are you 101% sure nothing else changed on your system?

The only thing that changed , and i have started seeing CTD's, is your airbus product.

I flew v1.3.0.0 on p3dv4.5hf3 with no issues, so it couldnt have been the upgrade to HF3 either.

24 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have seen the module cause issues when the runtimes are not up to date. 

So what do i need to update?

Im having a look at other fixes, but im not finding anything definitive to do

Is it possible to have access to the previous, stable version? as I never had issues with it.

Something in your latest update has started to cause problems with that .dll

I've the problem that same as yours D3DWarp, it seems there is a same issue in the other post.

are there any missing part for my C++? thanks!

1 hour ago, Liamr685 said:

I have all the runtimes installed, ad you can see the dates last modified.

And I am testing out is it solved for me right now, I repaired my .NET as well here the link to download the repair tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Download/confirmation.aspx?id=30135

so far I flew 2 flights HKG-BKK-HKG is fine. will try some medium haul later, happy flying!

SHARE: this is my home cockpit only with AEROSOFT AIRBUS.

1 minute ago, Sunny Ip said:

And I am testing out is it solved for me right now, I repaired my .NET as well here the link to download the repair tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Download/confirmation.aspx?id=30135

so far I flew 2 flights HKG-BKK-HKG is fine. will try some medium haul later, happy flying!

SHARE: this is my home cockpit only with AEROSOFT AIRBUS.

I will give that a try.

So far, i have ran a System File Check through the windows command prompt. It stated it repaired a few files.
I have also ran the installer for Direct X from Microsofts website, so it can overwrite any corrupt files.

Apart from the repair for .net you linked, the only thing i cant do is find out what is the latest version of the C++ Runtimes. 

• Aerosoft

If you see that some files needed repair, you got to be very suspicious of you complete windows. It only finds the largest of errors and there could be dozens of smaller issues  not found. You should really consider wiping your drive.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you see that some files needed repair, you got to be very suspicious of you complete windows. It only finds the largest of errors and there could be dozens of smaller issues  not found. You should really consider wiping your drive.

Seems a bit over the top to fix an issue that has been introduced with the latest version of your bus...

17 hours ago, Liamr685 said:

Seems a bit over the top to fix an issue that has been introduced with the latest version of your bus...

There are a great many variables at work, including Windows updates, malware, skipped bits, bad hard drive sectors, etc. etc. etc.  I do however think it safe to say that the Airbus software did not cause any issues with your Windows software so if your scan said that you have files in need of repair I would focus on the issue being with Windows.

Recently I performed 4 installations/uninstallations/reinstallations of all three of our Airbus Professional Products and performed Windows scans afterwards without any issues whatsoever, and each of the Airbus products have been taken out for flights without any issues.

Also, last week we had a customer with the D3D10Warp.dll error, we told him for some time he had either a problem with his Dot Net or DirectX files and he and Microsoft were unable to resolve the issue.  He finally took our advice and did a Windows reinstall (I know, I know) and afterwards the problem was resolved.  Sometimes system problems are not seen until code (even new code) poll that particular part of Windows, DirectX or Dot Net.

Now I don't know if the above applies to you, I'm simply offering it as information.  What I can tell you is that I don't have this problem on my system.

Best wishes!

18 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There are a great many variables at work, including Windows updates, malware, skipped bits, bad hard drive sectors, etc. etc. etc.  I do however think it safe to say that the Airbus software did not cause any issues with your Windows software so if your scan said that you have files in need of repair I would focus on the issue being with Windows.

Recently I performed 4 installations/uninstallations/reinstallations of all three of our Airbus Professional Products and performed Windows scans afterwards without any issues whatsoever, and each of the Airbus products have been taken out for flights without any issues.

Also, last week we had a customer with the D3D10Warp.dll error, we told him for some time he had either a problem with his Dot Net or DirectX files and he and Microsoft were unable to resolve the issue.  He finally took our advice and did a Windows reinstall (I know, I know) and afterwards the problem was resolved.  Sometimes system problems are not seen until code (even new code) poll that particular part of Windows, DirectX or Dot Net.

Now I don't know if the above applies to you, I'm simply offering it as information.  What I can tell you is that I don't have this problem on my system.

Best wishes!

I have been through that other forum topic and added posts to it.

I have done 1 flight since running the system file check, and the flight went fine.
However these CTD's are 50/50, so its no clear indicator that it solved the issue.

Since that flight i ran the .net fix tool, and there was also a .net update from windows issued last night, or at least came through on my PC last night.

I will run a few more flights when I can to see if it has been resolved, which I hope it does, as i am incredibly reluctant to do a fresh windows install.

Out of curiosity though, is it at all possible to get a copy of the previous, stable versions of both the A318/19 & 20/21?
Some dev's do provide legacy files on their download pages.

22 minutes ago, Liamr685 said:

I have been through that other forum topic and added posts to it.

I have done 1 flight since running the system file check, and the flight went fine.
However these CTD's are 50/50, so its no clear indicator that it solved the issue.

Since that flight i ran the .net fix tool, and there was also a .net update from windows issued last night, or at least came through on my PC last night.

I will run a few more flights when I can to see if it has been resolved, which I hope it does, as i am incredibly reluctant to do a fresh windows install.

Out of curiosity though, is it at all possible to get a copy of the previous, stable versions of both the A318/19 & 20/21?
Some dev's do provide legacy files on their download pages.

Good info, thanks!

The latest version of the Airbus has proved to be extremely stable, though I don't think you meant to imply it isn't. I believe you hsd a good experience with the earlier version and would like to try hoing back to it. I completely understand, but allow to to explain that the changes were pretty much for P3Dv4.5HF3 compatibity,and if you haven't upgraded zll 3 P3D componets then you really should, it really is a big improvement and I'm really enjoying it.

Making an older version available for download is a pretty big deal fora great many reasons and something we've never done before. Moreover, don't know a single developer in our eorldwho has done that. At any rate, Mathijs is the onmy person who could authorize that, but I have to say that were I in his shoes I wouldn't do it for many reasons which we can't go into here.

9 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Good info, thanks!

The latest version of the Airbus has proved to be extremely stable, though I don't think you meant to imply it isn't. I believe you hsd a good experience with the earlier version and would like to try hoing back to it. I completely understand, but allow to to explain that the changes were pretty much for P3Dv4.5HF3 compatibity,and if you haven't upgraded zll 3 P3D componets then you really should, it really is a big improvement and I'm really enjoying it.

Making an older version available for download is a pretty big deal fora great many reasons and something we've never done before. Moreover, don't know a single developer in our eorldwho has done that. At any rate, Mathijs is the onmy person who could authorize that, but I have to say that were I in his shoes I wouldn't do it for many reasons which we can't go into here.

Apologies if it has come across if I am making out that the product is not stable, my frustration is that the issue had arose since updating the bus, & being an engineer as my day job, my first thing to do is to think back to what has been changed between something being serviceable and becoming unserviceable, in this case, the only change I had done was update the bus.

I had already updated 4.5 to HF3 and conducted a few flights with the bus before updating to 1.3.1.0, which is when the CTDs started.

I will endeavour to get to the bottom of this, as the bus is the only small commercial aircraft in the sim, and I enjoy hopping into to do short / medium flights in.

I understand the reluctance in allowing users to have access to legacy version, maybe something I should do on my part is hold onto previous installers when updating, just in case something major was to arise.

10 minutes ago, Liamr685 said:

Apologies if it has come across if I am making out that the product is not stable, my frustration is that the issue had arose since updating the bus, & being an engineer as my day job, my first thing to do is to think back to what has been changed between something being serviceable and becoming unserviceable, in this case, the only change I had done was update the bus.

I had already updated 4.5 to HF3 and conducted a few flights with the bus before updating to 1.3.1.0, which is when the CTDs started.

I will endeavour to get to the bottom of this, as the bus is the only small commercial aircraft in the sim, and I enjoy hopping into to do short / medium flights in.

I understand the reluctance in allowing users to have access to legacy version, maybe something I should do on my part is hold onto previous installers when updating, just in case something major was to arise.

No worries my friend!  I've worked pretty deeply (telegraphed pun) in many different engineering fields via many years with nuclear submarines (including building two of them), so I'm sure I tend to look at things and think as you do!

Being a an engineer, I'm bet it's a small step for you to move into our shoes and consider the many downsides of providing older versions - it can be a nightmare and our tech support people would likely want to string us up!

Let me ask you, do you have any other high-end payware airliners for P3Dv4.5HF3?  If so, do you get the same CTD with them?  The person in the other thread first said it was only our Airbus, but later confided that it was with other airliners as well.  It would be really good to know if you get them with other products such as PMDG airliners.

It may be that some people are now seeing this DirectX issue because of P3Dv4.5HF3 than our product, and what we saw in that other thread makes that all but certain.

Finally, let me say that as long term advid flight simmers ourselves, we want to see you up and flying as badly as you do, especially in our Airbus!  I'm not just saying that my friend, we really do!

16 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

No worries my friend!  I've worked pretty deeply (telegraphed pun) in many different engineering fields via many years with nuclear submarines (including building two of them), so I'm sure I tend to look at things and think as you do!

Being a an engineer, I'm bet it's a small step for you to move into our shoes and consider the many downsides of providing older versions - it can be a nightmare and our tech support people would likely want to string us up!

Let me ask you, do you have any other high-end payware airliners for P3Dv4.5HF3?  If so, do you get the same CTD with them?  The person in the other thread first said it was only our Airbus, but later confided that it was with other airliners as well.  It would be really good to know if you get them with other products such as PMDG airliners.

It may be that some people are now seeing this DirectX issue because of P3Dv4.5HF3 than our product, and what we saw in that other thread makes that all but certain.

Finally, let me say that as long term advid flight simmers ourselves, we want to see you up and flying as badly as you do, especially in our Airbus!  I'm not just saying that my friend, we really do!

I bet working on subs was pretty challenging.

my engineering background is only short, 8 years as a Easa Part 66 license holder, working on civil aircraft (737ng&max, 757/767 & 787s) I worked a brief 2 week stint, making equipment for deep sea oil drilling, but my passion was never in manufacturing.

Ive been flying the PMDG 747 a lot recently whilst being on furlough, both the current version released this week, and the previous version, on 4.5 HF3, with no issues. The same with the QW787, long and short flights, with nil issues.

The issue has solely arose with, and is limited to, the latest edition of ‘your’ Airbus a32x family for me. Otherwise I’d be looking at this as a potential P3D issue.

the only other things I have running in the background along with P3D are ProjectFly and ActiveSky for P3D4, and I have these running regardless of addon.

• Aerosoft

That a problem happens ONLY with this product is something you will read on every aircraft support forum.  I got one laptop that simply refuses to run any PMDG aircraft but I know it is not an error in the PMDG product but something I can fix by making sure the OS and sim are okay.  What is different between us and most other aircraft is that we always use the very latest compilers and these often use different stuff then older compilers do.

But the simple fact is that ten sof thousand of people do not see what you see and that on none of our test machines not on any of our testers do we see what you see. So there has to be something special on your machine that is different from all others.

Archived