Erratic SIDs & STARs v1.3.1.0 A32X

Chaps,

Since the latest update, all my sids and stars are erratic.

Nav data is up to date, and i have no issues in other aircraft, its just your bus that isn't computing turns and what not correctly when flying SIDs or STARs.

It happens at all airports that have sharp-ish turns. Your bus cant keep up with them and plots annoyingly large turns, some of which result in it not passing the waypoint, causing the aircraft to circle, unless I manually tell the aircraft to go direct to the next.

Seen here are two different STARs into GCTS 07.

Please login to display this image.

Here is another example,

Departing EGNX from rwy 27 on DTY3N.

When setting up in the fmc, everything is fine, the route has nothing erratic or our of the ordinary.

As soon as i depart, the aircraft cannot keep up with the turn (have you limited the bank angle of the A320 in this patch by mistake?) And it recalculates the tun like so.

The issue then is, it never makes that waypoint, so it keeps circling it until i tell the FMC to go direct to the next waypoint, in this case, i have to set the fmc to go direct to DTY23

I haven't checked your second example, but on the first it appears that your IAS is far too high and that's what's being plotted.  See the video of the same approach in our A321 Professional using NavDataPro (2005).

Even real world there are anomalies with some of the line drawings (which pilots correct for), specially when large turns are required.  I'm not saying the bus is perfect, but I don't suffer from the same level of issues that you're seeing.

If you would, please provide the airports, complete routes, and the SIDs, STARs and approaches you're having issues with and we can check them.

Please login to view this video.

8 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I haven't checked your second example, but on the first it appears that your IAS is far too high and that's what's being plotted.  See the video of the same approach in our A321 Professional using NavDataPro (2005).

Even real world there are anomalies with some of the line drawings (which pilots correct for), specially when large turns are required.  I'm not saying the bus is perfect, but I don't suffer from the same level of issues that you're seeing.

If you would, please provide the airports, complete routes, and the SIDs, STARs and approaches you're having issues with and we can check them.

Please login to view this video.

Odd, as in previous versions, it calculates the turns based on the speed restrictions between the waypoints, so it would show a more precise turn, as opposed to current aircraft speed.

As for the second image, its my second attempt at EGNX-GCTS after the first one resulted in yet another CTD since updating.

The route is 
EGNX RW27 DTY3N DTY M605 SILVA M183 CPT Y321 PEPIS Q41 SAM M195 LORKU UN866 KORUL ASPOR BUSEN BEXAL UN866 KONBA KONB4G RW08 GCTS

1 minute ago, Liamr685 said:

Odd, as in previous versions, it calculates the turns based on the speed restrictions between the waypoints, so it would show a more precise turn, as opposed to current aircraft speed.

As for the second image, its my second attempt at EGNX-GCTS after the first one resulted in yet another CTD since updating.

The route is 
EGNX RW27 DTY3N DTY M605 SILVA M183 CPT Y321 PEPIS Q41 SAM M195 LORKU UN866 KORUL ASPOR BUSEN BEXAL UN866 KONBA KONB4G RW08 GCTS

Looking at the charts, I THINK you were flying the ILS 07Y?  Can you confirm please?  I think you forgot to include the approach in your info above, but I think it was ILS 07 Y so that's what I flew.

3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Looking at the charts, I THINK you were flying the ILS 07Y?  Can you confirm please?  I think you forgot to include the approach in your info above, but I think it was ILS 07 Y so that's what I flew.

Apologies 

One image is a Y, the other is a Z, as i tried to see if it was the approach i was flying. 

9 minutes ago, Liamr685 said:

Apologies 

One image is a Y, the other is a Z, as i tried to see if it was the approach i was flying. 

Okay, thanks for the info!

Of course we have to make changes in products when new version of the sim comes out, but I'll make sure that our FMGS code guys see this post.  For now, just keep that airspeed down and use that Direct To function and everything should be fine.

Best wishes!

2 hours ago, Liamr685 said:

Navigraph

You may have Navigraph installed, but the waypoints you showed us are definetely NavDataPro.

Maybe you're seeing a difference because you didn't switch from NavDataPro to Navigraph in the Configurator?

My video above is with NavDataPro (I checked your waypoints with both Navigraph and NavDataPro and switched to NavDataPro in the aircraft based on your screen shots), my screen shots below are with Navigraph.  Note the different waypoint designators between the two different types of NavData.

I'll have a look when I am next able to, as I am going to be away from my pc for a couple of days.

Im certain that I selected the navigraph 2005 cycle, but its possible i hadnt.

I will report further when I can. 

Archived