A330 Elevator shaking

I have read about this problem in other topics already but for me the problem still exists and has not been resolved by several reinstalls. When flying the A330 with autopilot engaged at some point the pitch trim commands nose down trim which results in a shaking movement of the elevators which seem to try to compensate the nose down trim. The airplane begins to tremble around the pitch axis which is very annoying. When I disengage autopilot the trim runs back to a normal position and I can connect the autopilot again until it starts all over again. I really like the A330 and I think it is a very good representation but this problem makes it unfylable for me sadly.

Dear Mathijs,

I did what you suggested but I am sorry to say that it did not help me. I get unlocked around 60 frames but the problem still persists. I took a screenshot in climb out where the pitch trim was originally at around 1,8 nose up and constanly then went down. In time I took the screenshot the trim was at 0.0. The elevator and the plane were shaking constantly. Any other suggestions?

Kind regards

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, drschnuck said:

This is with active sky at default settings.

Unfortunately the default setting for wind are far from reality. You have to lower them for the marked positions:

10 hours ago, peteb101 said:

I am having a very similar issue that has only started recently.  

And what did you change that it started recently?

24 minutes ago, mopperle said:

My 330 has been fine but since  around the last update 1.0.1.0 I  am getting a trim bouncing issue. It only does it with the autopilot engaged and  seems to be Ok in manual flight.  I am not sure if it was the update or the re- install when applying the update or a time coincident   that introduced it.  I don't use  FSUIPC for any key mapping and have deleted the  trim keys that I had mapped on the joystick as well as the default keyboard mapping for them, so I have no trim inputs mapped at all (I removed them one by one and it made no difference). I have tried various settings for the trim on the  Init page, including  matching the fuel loader  and I have also lowered the active sky wind setting as I read all of these could contribute on various other treads, so am now out of ideas.

Worth noting that on the ground before take off the  trim wheel is working fine  but once in the air  I can't adjust the wheel in the  VC with the mouse, even if I disconnect the AP (which does stop the bouncing) . My 320 aircraft (also updated and  reinstalled at same time)  is not doing this which would suggest that I don’t have a dodgy controller input or anything  like that.   Any help or suggesting greatly appreciated. Attached shows the issue

Thanks

Pete

Please login to view this video.

vor 1 hour , mopperle sagte:

Unfortunately the default setting for wind are far from reality. You have to lower them for the marked positions:

Thank you for your suggestion but I do not see any connection to the problem. The surface wind was not anywhwere near 50 kts which would have been limited by this setting. Also the problem does not happen near the surface but in flight. Active sky has given me a very good representation of winds compared to real life. But however I did the same flight without Active Sky and it gave the same results a before.

Please login to view this video.

I have done some more testing  and I think it might indeed be frames related.  I need to test a bit more to be sure but lowering settings does seem to  have helped 

vor 18 Stunden , peteb101 sagte:

I have done some more testing  and I think it might indeed be frames related.  I need to test a bit more to be sure but lowering settings does seem to  have helped 

I have also done some more testing. For me it is clearly not frame rate connected. I get around 80 frames. I can lower my settings and still get the trim problem. The only thing that changes something is the CG setting in the fuel planner. When I reset the CG the shaking only starts at the end of a longer flight. For me it is something CG related.

Happens for me as well. I would agree that it has only been occurring since a recent update, maybe .08 or 1.01. After wheels up briefly once AP is engaged. Then again on approach after LOC/GS are captured. Disco AP after onset does nothing to change it for me. Weather and frames seem to not play a role.

Me too seeing this behaviour. Yesterday at GCLP decending the pitch goes up and down.....as if the plane is recalculating the decent every few seconds and than aggressivly changes the pith. Also the green dot on the PFD is going up and down above and below a decent decenrate. Very annoying issue. I did not have this so aggressivly with the version 101 in P3D V4.5 HF2. I did saw this behaviour there too, but way less aggressive as now in P3D V5.

There must be something wrong.

Framerates above 30 in VR and above 60 without. ASP3D Wind speed lowered a lot to check if this was the cause. Now influence on this behaviour.

My System specs:

Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.24.34874

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20200501
OS Build 1904.208
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

HMD VR WMR HP Reverb v2
i7 8700K all cores to 5.1 GhZ HT OFF
32 GB RAM 3600 MhZ Corsair Vengeance
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using highest resolution

Addons

ASP3D 7434 Open Beta
ChasePlane (via ORBX)
GSX 2
Airbus A330 1.0.2.0
PMDG 747/748
QW787 V1.3.0
Navigraph Charts/Simlink
ORBX Base
ORBX LC
ORBX TE NL
ORBX Regions
ORBX HD Buildings
ORBX HD Trees
Several Addon Aiports all by .xml method installed

• 11 months later...

Hello Good Evening.

I have same problem with A330 using following load/cargo/fuel data: CG 26, TRIM 4.0, ZFW 395.2, TOW 453.2, FUEL44.6. Trim is bouncing constantly, the pattern only stops disconnecting AP and flying manual navigation route as planned.

If you try to reconnect AP, trim bouncing starts again. It is activated since you activate climb detent in the power throttles and initiate your climb at climb thrust.

I was did a couple of short flights about 45 mins to 1 hr and no problem at all, when you try to do a flight more than 2 hours maybe the correlation weight & fuel disturbs the CG and another flight parameters maybe...

I like to know if you have a solution for this issues, I see dates posting very old. I have just bought my plane one month ago...Mar 2021.

Please advise....best regards,

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Masterhawk. Thanks for reply

My fps are fixed vsync at 30 fps (fixed from nvidia control setup) for my monitor 1920x1080i. low settings at P3Dv5.1. AA 2x, 2MSAA. vsync OFF at P3D. Another planes like PMDG, maddog and carenado works perfect.

My PC desktop specs are>

* Intel i7 8700 8th gen

* 32 GB RAM

* AMD RX 580 Devil Powercolor 8GB vram

* Multiple SSD (Base 1TB) and M2 (2tb) total 8Tb space at 65% from full capacity

* P3d v5.1 Professional over Win 10 last updated until May 2021.

My last was a short flight KBOS to KIAD / FL 270 and trim bouncing starts violently  just after takeoff  engaging AP with LNAV and VNAV configuration.

Please your help to solve this problem. This airplane is amazing, full cold and start procedures are really immersives and I am very happy with it. So shame this cant fly anymore.

Anyway, please let me know if you want me to create a support ticket

I will be aware of your comments.

Best regards

Hello All

Try switching off the trim wheel on you joystick. If your joystick is very sensitive it will cause a up and down (porpoise) motion.  It goes away when the autopilot is off. 

Happy Flying

• 1 month later...

This has been a long standing issue, unfortunately, and is one of the main reasons why the bird stays in the hangar for me. I'm guessing 1.0.5 hasn't addressed this as I don't see it in the release notes. I don't like comparing the 330 to other well known vendors in the space, but it is unusual that no one else seems to have a similar issue with existing configurations. About the only time I haven't seen this issue is when you fly out of a stock airport with no weather and no other 3rd party add-ons running (RC4, Volanta, aitraffic management, etc), which makes me wonder if there's a memory issue causing the trim inputs to become too erratic due to lag.

• 3 weeks later...

On your joystick there should be buttons that trim up and down, remove them.  Also, check your options> controls> key and axis assignments and remove anything related to trim as you do not require them (the joy of flying airbus).

About the only time I haven't seen this issue is when you fly out of a stock airport with no weather and no other 3rd party add-ons running (RC4, Volanta, aitraffic management, etc), which makes me wonder if there's a memory issue causing the trim inputs to become too erratic due to lag.   Due to no weather, there is very little trim movement. I had the same problems and this fixed it...

Good Luck

• 1 year later...

Has anyone found a solution to this? Its been two years since the last post practically and no update to solve this issue? I have tried the frame unlock, as well as deleting the trim wheel functions which is not the issue. I have also tried with active sky on and off. I would also like to note that this issue does happen on longer flight early in my long haul flight it was not happening getting toward hour 5 or 6 it begins to happen. Once the Autopilot is off the issue is gone however as soon as it is on again the aircraft returns to being a bouncy house.