CRJ crashing sim

Hi Mathijs,

I have the Aerosoft CRJ and I use FSX SE. I've been having a problem where every time I load the plane and fill in the origin field in the FMS it freezes and the sim crashes. I've been doing some reading and found that I need to have the Aerosoft updater to update the plane, but I don't have it. Is this something that comes preloaded with Aerosoft products or not? How do I get it?

Noah

• Developer

Do you use the default navigation data that comes with the CRJ or did you update for a newer database?

Also, what are you entering into the origin field?

• 2 weeks later...

I use the latest database from Navigraph and I'm entering in American airports. The sim freezes and crashes when I do this. Is there any way I can get the Aerosoft updater to update the CRJ? It's on version 1.0.1.1

• Deputy Sheriffs

The ASUpdater only knows more recent versions. But you can download the latest version from the shop where you bought it.

I'm also having the same issue as Noah. I have the Digital Aviation CRJ for FSX:SE. It seemed to run fine in the past, but I recently had to do a reinstall of FSX:SE due to bug issues. Everything seems to run just fine until I go to enter the departure airport info into FMS. When type out the airport code, then select LSK 1, the sim freezes for about 15 seconds, followed by the sim crash. I downloaded my version from the Aerosoft store. I went and re downloaded it from the site and still see no mention of a "ASupdater" of any kind in the shop nor the files that came with the download. I'm currently using the Navigraph cycle 2006.

2 hours ago, blind1709 said:

I went and re downloaded it from the site and still see no mention of a "ASupdater" of any kind in the shop nor the files that came with the download.

Correction, i found the ASUpdater app, though it shows that i have the current version (1.2.3.0) and no updates are available.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 5/23/2020 at 10:01 PM, Noah Giuliano said:

I bought the disc version so 1.0.1.1 must be the version that it came with. Is there any other way to update it?

Go to this site, create an account (you can not use your shop or forum account), register your product and then you should be able to download the latest version:
https://support.aerosoft.com/pages/login

Archived