P3Dv5 Heathrow + ORBX, two airport layer

I installed EGLL and I have ORBX TrueEarth and the airport is flickering two textures around the runway on approach, specially 09 the grass is flashing between two different and I see two landing lights.

I only installed the Sim, ORBX and then EGLL, is there any tweak needed?

• Developer

Then please check the Orbx Manuel, how to use there tools to order there stuff below other local Airport Addons.

A P3D generated problem is, that the last installed addon is added at the end of the list of the previous installed addons using the new addon registration of P3D.

But as I heard, the tools of Orbx give a solution to move there part down in the layering.

I read their manual, now P3Dv5 changed layer priority, I can't move up it's grey and unselectable to move up inside Scenery Library in Menu, on startup or after the simulator is fully loaded.

I installed Heathrow after installing ORBX so it should during the installation process to write in to the sim as in a higher layer, right?

• Developer

The layers could not be changed in P3D, there must be a option in the orbx tools, think it is called „Insertpoint“

I don’t have Orbx, so I could not read the manual for you.

It's in the Settings Part of ORBX Central, there is a point "insertion Point". You can select an Insert point for "Airports and Regions" and for "open LC Products". 

Usually the openLC will insert just under the ORBX Airprots and that is OK. And for the Airport, you select "insert below" and choose your lowest addon airport int the list. 

• Developer

Thanks for this explanation.

The problem is, that P3D adds new registered products always with the Packagenumber 0 at the beginning of the list in the related add-on.cfg file define the installed addon products. The package 0 is the first loaded (has the lowest layer), so that the last installed addon gets the lowest layer and is not on top of all installed addons before.

So I expect, that the insertion Point of ORBX must be checked and change each time a Airport is Installed or Registered in P3D.

It‘s still a open point in the concept of P3D, because there is a „layer category“ parameter missing to set in the add-ons.xml of the addons to define, if they are more global, regional or local, so that P3D could preorder the product based on it.

• Developer

„Top of Scenery Library“ sounds perfect, when it results in „obove default, below addons“.

So you should try it.

Important is, that under the Menu Options->Add-Ons the orbx entries are below all other airport addons.

If Top of scenery library means the Orbx is the first above all others, then it is wrong and you must select the lowest of your list of addons, don‘t know if it is FSDT excludes.

vor 12 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

„Top of Scenery Library“ sounds perfect, when it results in „obove default, below addons“.

So you should try it.

Important is, that under the Menu Options->Add-Ons the orbx entries are below all other airport addons.

If Top of scenery library means the Orbx is the first above all others, then it is wrong and you must select the lowest of your list of addons, don‘t know if it is FSDT excludes.

Oliver and Fabio, Top of library is not good if other add-ons are in use. Beat578 said it right. The insertion point of OrbX Airports should be below the lowest "non-Orbx airport". If there is an airport which is not injected by an add-on.xml but via the legacy scenery.cfg, the insertion point should be set below that add on. To Fabio i recommend to take a look at Lorby´s add-on organizer. Especially if you have competing add-on injectors like OrbX, you stay in control what is where ordered in your SIM.

Archived