AS updater does not recognise A330pro after reinstall

Fresh install today of A330 in P3D.4 as per Forum guide on reinstallation but product has not shown in Updater. The install has worked perfectly but notice in the AS updater product file there is no 330 xml file although it is in the P3D add on Aerosoft A330 entry.

• Root Admin

Hi,

The setup is using this path, please check this....
c:\Users\*********\documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_a330_prof.xml

The User-Path (*********) is determined via the registry entry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Volatile Environment
USERPROFILE = ???

You can also check the SETUP log, where the ASUpater config file can be found:
e.g. MyP3D5 Addon Path
e:\P3D5-Add-ons\Uninstall_A330Prof.log

[File]
File.1=C:\Users\*********\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_a330_prof.xml

Thanks for reply. I think the problem is this:

C\Users\*****\OneDrive\documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_a330_prof.xml whilst the setup log does not have the OneDrive entry, documents follow directly *****.

Odd that last week I reinstalled both A318/19 and A320/21 yet updater recognised them.

Should I delete all my Airbus Pro, A318/19, A320/321 and A330 and reinstall? Thanks again for any advice.

Hello Mathijs and Andreas,

I have just downloaded the latest A330 installer from my Aerosoft account too and installed version 1.0.1.0. as mentioned in the download library. 

The AS Updater didn't find the Airbus so I checked the paths above. Regedit showed me that the A330 installer forced the updater file to go into C:\Users\...\Documents however I have moved my WHOLE documents folder to my D drive with a comand console procedure. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact way, it was when P3D introduced the addon folder installation. 

So as long as you force it to C I guess everyone who placed the Doc folder somewhere else will run into this problem. I have moved the xml file and will try if it works.

Cheers,

Marc

btw: the LiveryInstaller has the same problem, it shows an error and finds no addons. It's placed into C as well. Same as the General folder.

• Deputy Sheriffs

My Documents folder is also on D:\ 

No Problem so far. It‘s more a problem of how it has been done.

vor 2 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

My Documents folder is also on D:\ 

No Problem so far. It‘s more a problem of how it has been done.

I see. I have manually moved the newly created Aerosoft folder in C:\documents to its D alias and now everything works fine.

Archived