Apparent APU Noise when Sounds are turned down

NatoNeil

HI to all and I am sorry if this appears in another post with a resolution, but I have trawled through the thousands of posts and cant seem to find one.

I have FSX and the Aerosoft Airbus 318/319 and 320/321. When I turn down the Engines, Cockpit, Environment and Voice sliders to 10 for IVAO online flying I still get a load and proud noise that sounds like the APU. The APU is switched off and the only reason why I say that it is the APU is that once landed and taxied to the gate I shutdown and switch off the APU and the noise disappears.

Other items i have connected is Navigraph charts and a VA (DLH Virtual) smartACARS, but this does not make any difference whether they are connected or not.

Is there another setting that I use to get rid of the sound? it is annoying and when on line and being controlled by ATC whose voice appears muffled it is hard to understand. I only have this issue with the Aerosoft Airbus range, for example it does not happen with the Black Box A330/A340.

Hopefully there is an easy answer as I love using the Airbus, but this does spoil my enjoyment of online flying.

Many thanks in advance

Neil Staines

Archived