A330 1.0.1.0 missing Fuel planner .XML profile

After reinstalling the new A330 1.0.1.0, the XML profile under Fuel Planner folder is missing.

I tried reinstalling again and again and downloaded the installer a second time but it is still missing. Norton AV was off and I checked if it blocked any files somehow but seems all was ok with installation. Maybe someone can post this file for download? Thank you.  

• Deputy Sheriffs

One hour ago I did a complete reinstall of all Buses, to proof that everything is working correct.Aand indeed all files are where they should be.

So maybe it is a rights problen, or your AV-Software removed files. Aor are you using Microsoft OneDrive?

I checked again and I found the .XML file for A330 and I now know what happened.

The A330 installer forces the "General" folder under documents to be created under c:\User\documents which is not corret because the "Documents" folder on my computer has another path and not c:\ drive (I don't save anything on system drive).

Now i have two seperate Fuelplanner folders. One for A31x/A32x was created correctly (correct Documents path) and the second one for A330 which is under c:\User\Documents and the genereted Load File .txt won't be visible inside P3D and Load file can't be read unless I copy paste it inside the other Fuelplanner folder created with A319/A320.

This is not a nice workaround but it works for now and the problem exists only with 1.0.1.0 and previously everything was just fine. Danke

• Deputy Sheriffs

But then somethig is not corrrect with your overall setup. I do not know what you mean with "correct" documents path and  I think this is the problem. But as long as you don not want to share with us where your "correct" document path is, we are unable to help you. At least it works for all other users.

I have the same problem,

the installer installs the "General" folder in C:\Users\...\Documents\Aerosoft but the Airbus seems to look for the files in C:\Users\...\OneDrive\Dokumente\Aerosoft this is where previous installers installed everything.

I guess something is wrong with the 1.0.1.0 installer. You only observe this problem when you manually delete the General folder in order to install the new version.

Kind regards

I have a similar issue since I have moved my Documents folder from my smaller OS drive at C:\Users\<username>\Documents to a larger data drive at D:\Documents which is where Windows and previous installs put the files but I did see that the 330 installed into C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Aerosoft and it also explains why the aircraft didn't pick up my loadsheet as the plane still looks at the moved folder. Did the installer change from looking up the documents location in the registry or similar to use a hardcoded %userprofile%\Documents instead?

• Root Admin

Hi,

A330 Setup V1.0.1.0:

The User-Path is determined via the registry entry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Volatile Environment
USERPROFILE = ???

yon can check this too

cmd DIR %USERPROFILE%

>dir DIR %USERPROFILE%\Documents shows me the mostly empty directory i C:\users\<username>\Documents I did however make an Aerosoft link pointing to the new documents location so for now it works as intended for me.

2020-05-11  14:13    <DIR>          .
2020-05-11  14:13    <DIR>          ..
2020-05-11  14:13    <SYMLINKD>     Aerosoft [D:\Documents\Aerosoft]
2020-05-09  10:04    <DIR>          Aerosoft.old
2019-01-29  22:49    <DIR>          Prepar3D v4 Files

Archived