Restarted checklist series does not proceed past cockpit preparation checklist

I have an issue similar to the issue described in this post linked below:

On the outbound leg, I'll initiate the loadsheet, use the "load instant" function, use MCDU3 to close the doors, and the series of checklists normally proceed with using GSX for pushback.

After the checklist restarts for the return leg of my flight, I use GSX to disembark passengers, I initiate the loadsheet once again and request catering services, fueling and request for boarding. Once the GSX services are complete and I manually close the doors and use GSX for pushback, the series of checklists fails to proceed to the before start checklist.

I've noticed this only occurs on the return legs of round-trip flights.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you try not to close the doors manually but after "servicing" has been fished to call pushback from the GSX menu? This will automatically close the doors and start the BEFORE START CL. Please also check if the GSX option in the MCDU3 Groudservices menu is enabled!

On 5/10/2020 at 3:56 AM, Hanse said:

Did you try not to close the doors manually but after "servicing" has been fished to call pushback from the GSX menu? This will automatically close the doors and start the BEFORE START CL. Please also check if the GSX option in the MCDU3 Groudservices menu is enabled!

The method you mentioned yesterday worked fine on my return leg, but when I tried this method today, the checklist failed to proceed again.

Please login to display this image.

GSX services are enabled in my MCDU3 and I'm on the latest version of the Aerosoft A320 Professional.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What do you mean by "when I tried this method"? Does it mean that you manually tried to close the doors and nothing happens? Were all doors really closed? Can you send me a screenshot of the MCDU3 DOOR menu so that I am sure? Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Hanse said:

What do you mean by "when I tried this method"? Does it mean that you manually tried to close the doors and nothing happens? Were all doors really closed? Can you send me a screenshot of the MCDU3 DOOR menu so that I am sure? Thanks.

I used GSX's departure preparation function to automatically close the doors, and this method for closing the doors worked well yesterday with no checklist issues on both legs of my flight. Earlier this afternoon, however, I repeated the same steps and the checklist failed to proceed for my return flight after GSX automatically closed the doors. Using GSX to automatically close the doors for me, however, worked on the first leg of the flight. My apologies for not also taking a screenshot of the door menu during my return leg of the flight, but I can confirm all of the aircraft's doors were closed because I had tried to perform an ineffective troubleshooting procedure by manually re-opening and closing the main front left door to see if it would trigger the checklist to proceed. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, during the next couple of days I will have a look into this e. g. will try to reproduce the issue. As soon as I know something more I will let you know.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just tried the procedure using the A330 and found no issues in the turn around procedure e. g. after the COCKP PREP CL has been completed I called the GSX PB procedure (jetways were removed and doors closed by GSX) and the BEFORE ENG START CL started.......  

9 hours ago, Hanse said:

I just tried the procedure using the A330 and found no issues in the turn around procedure e. g. after the COCKP PREP CL has been completed I called the GSX PB procedure (jetways were removed and doors closed by GSX) and the BEFORE ENG START CL started.......  

I've noticed the issue is rather unpredictable; occasionally it occurs, and sometimes, everything flows smoothly with GSX without any holdups. The only problem that appears consistent is the fact that the checklist seamlessly integrates with GSX on the outbound legs of flights (the first flight I perform after launching the simulator). I will report any recurrences as they arise.

Here's an issue I just encountered twice in a row:

After the cockpit preparation checklist is complete and I use GSX's departure preparation function to close the aircraft's doors for the first flight I fly after launching the simulator, the before start checklist never initiates. I thought this was an isolated incident and restarted the simulator, but the problem occurred twice in a row.

UPDATE: Please disregard this post, the third time was the charm, apparently.

Something I just encountered that may be an issue possibly related to the checklist failing to proceed is the fact on the return leg of round-trip flights, the restarted, turnaround checklists (everything from the cockpit preparation checklist to the subsequent checklists) encounter several pauses, often requiring me to manually skip the checklist item to keep the checklist going. (No, they're not expected lengthy pauses such as the takeoff pitch trim being set, but relatively "simple" checklist items such as checking the ECAM door page fail to act and thus, stopping the entire checklist from proceeding)

Here's another instance of the checklist series failing to proceed to the before start checklist on a return leg:

• Deputy Sheriffs

From the picture I see that you did not start "5. Prepare for pushback and departure". Is there a reason? OK before I start again to try to reproduce the issue please tell me which Airbus model you are using and also are you still on P3d v4.5?

12 hours ago, Hanse said:

From the picture I see that you did not start "5. Prepare for pushback and departure". Is there a reason? OK before I start again to try to reproduce the issue please tell me which Airbus model you are using and also are you still on P3d v4.5?

If you leave the GSX "select pushback direction" window idle for too long, the window disappears and you have to manually select option 5 from the ground services menu again to bring it up. Also, attached are screenshots of my Airbus and P3D versions.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry but I just tried to reproduce the issue you mentioned e.g. that using the A320-A321 after a turnaround there are problems in connection with starting the BEFORE ENGINE START CL. I cannot confirm it e. g. on my system it worked without any problems. The procedure I used is as follows:

1. After arriving at the gate and the PARKING CL has been finished I completely followed the instructions on the INFOBAR and also waited until after 4 minutes the plane status was automatically completely reset.
  2. I connected using GSX the jetway / stairs
  3. Then I started (using GSX) to board pax, cargo as well as fuel.
  4. During this process I already started the COCKP PREP CL.
  5. When GSX boarding / loading was completed I used the GSX option to "Prepare for PB" 
  6. Automatically the jetway was removed, doors were closed and the BEFORE ENGINE START CL started.

I am out of any option to help you. If you follow the a. m. procedure it should work as intended. If not then there is something wrong on your installation - either the Airbus or GSX - . 

16 hours ago, Hanse said:

Sorry but I just tried to reproduce the issue you mentioned e.g. that using the A320-A321 after a turnaround there are problems in connection with starting the BEFORE ENGINE START CL. I cannot confirm it e. g. on my system it worked without any problems. The procedure I used is as follows:

1. After arriving at the gate and the PARKING CL has been finished I completely followed the instructions on the INFOBAR and also waited until after 4 minutes the plane status was automatically completely reset.
  2. I connected using GSX the jetway / stairs
  3. Then I started (using GSX) to board pax, cargo as well as fuel.
  4. During this process I already started the COCKP PREP CL.
  5. When GSX boarding / loading was completed I used the GSX option to "Prepare for PB" 
  6. Automatically the jetway was removed, doors were closed and the BEFORE ENGINE START CL started.

I am out of any option to help you. If you follow the a. m. procedure it should work as intended. If not then there is something wrong on your installation - either the Airbus or GSX - . 

Thank you so much for your assistance and support throughout the process! Please consider this issue as resolved and I'll reinstall both the Airbus and GSX if I encounter this seemingly evasive issue again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived