Jump to content
MGoebel

Mega Airport Frankfurt Version 1.2.0.0 / Installing SODE Jetways

Recommended Posts

Hi All!

 

Just updated my Mega Airport Frankfurt scenery to 1.2.0.0 for P3D v4 and want to install the SODE Jetways. Maybe I'm a bit dense here but, I don't seem to be able to understand the instructions that came with the Readme file, specifically this part:

 

"1.) Copy the Subfolder SODE below the "Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional" (P3D V4) or "Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional V5" (P3D V5) Folder of the Scenery Addon

2.) Start the SODE-ON.BAT Batchjob File, to aktivate the SODE Jetways"

 

What does the first step mean/where exactly am I supposed to copy the "SODE" folder to before carrying out the next step(s)?

 

I interpret this as copying the "SODE" folder into the actual "Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional" folder where the scenery was installed into (in my case it looks like this): D:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional\SODE

 

However, when I then continue with step 2, the command prompt which opens up seems to signify that it wasn't able to find a file/path (see attached screenshot).

 

SODE.JPG

 

What am I missing here?

 

PS: I'm already using SODE 1.6.8

 

Kind Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why did you select the Windows System path D:\Program Files (x86) for the destination of your Sim addons? Select C:/P3D Addons or what ever, but not a Windows UAC Controlled folder.
As you can see on you screen shot, the batch is not startet at this folder, instead it run in c:/windows/system32, but this is not the folder of the scenery. That must fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because that's where all my Aerosoft stuff had been installed to. None of my Aerosoft installations ever suggested an installation path to C:\...P3D Addons... when installing them.

 

So if I get this straight, there is now way for this SODE "installation" to work unless the scenery itself has been installed to C:\...P3D Addons...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The installer only have a default path, you can press the button behind the path and change it where ever you want to have it. The next time you use a Aerosoft installer for other addons, your selected path will be the default one.

 

I only can give you the following tip, to prevent issues in future:

  • Start the EDDFConfig Tool you find in the D:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional folder
  • Press the "Deregister" Button to deactivate the Addon and exit the tool
  • Create a Folder on your Disk with the most space, like D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft
  • Move (not copy) the complete File Structure Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional from D:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft to the new path (D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft)
  • Start the EDDFConfig Tool at the new path (D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional) and press YES if you ask to register the addon
  • Then click the batch D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional\SODE\Sode-on (but NOT "Run as Administrator", that will fail too).
    Here you should see that the batch is not running in the Addon Path, not in C:\Windows\system32 and the files are copied correct

This process is possible for all Aerosoft scenery addons having this type of Configtool (<Icao>ConfigTool.exe), other you need to uninstall and run the Installer by selecting the new Folder D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft while the install process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I'll give it  shot later today and report back. Thanks for the help! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Oliver,

After failing to understand the SODE installation instructions in the Readme.txt file, your instructions above have confused me even more 😧

During installation, like Michael, I installed into my D drive. I  now have  Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional V5 in the Program Files (x86)\aerosoft directory.

I have not installed any of my many airport sceneries into my C drive. Why are Aerosoft setting a standard which I am reluctant to follow?

I cannot find an EDDFConfigTool anywhere on my PC.

Can you explain, in simple terms, how I can install the SODE program on my D drive?

Thanks, Richard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,
I have a question, how can I fix the Jetways so I not have 4 Jetways in Frankfurt P3D v4.5??? 

I can't remember how i fix this!

 

image.thumb.png.ed661cd760604b1c7540996ca3b82c40.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 41 Minuten, Jammin16 sagte:

Hi,
I have a question, how can I fix the Jetways so I not have 4 Jetways in Frankfurt P3D v4.5??? 

I can't remember how i fix this!

 

image.thumb.png.ed661cd760604b1c7540996ca3b82c40.png

Hi,

delete or rename the "EDDF_LIB-Jetways.BGL" in the Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional scenery folder, that fixed it for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, blau340 said:

Hi,

delete or rename the "EDDF_LIB-Jetways.BGL" in the Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional scenery folder, that fixed it for me

Thanks B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Hi Oliver,

After failing to understand the SODE installation instructions in the Readme.txt file, your instructions above have confused me even more 😧

During installation, like Michael, I installed into my D drive. I  now have  Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional V5 in the Program Files (x86)\aerosoft directory.

I have not installed any of my many airport sceneries into my C drive. Why are Aerosoft setting a standard which I am reluctant to follow?

I cannot find an EDDFConfigTool anywhere on my PC.

Can you explain, in simple terms, how I can install the SODE program on my D drive?

Thanks, Richard

 

Check the post here, it shows how to change the Install path in the Install process:

 

The SODE jetway option needs to have the Sode Programm installed before, the SODE File are only the Addon related part. Without SODE on your PC this Files don't help you. Check the Sode Homepage for more Info's, we don't give support for this Software: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OPabst said:

The installer only have a default path, you can press the button behind the path and change it where ever you want to have it. The next time you use a Aerosoft installer for other addons, your selected path will be the default one.

 

I only can give you the following tip, to prevent issues in future:

  • Start the EDDFConfig Tool you find in the D:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional folder
  • Press the "Deregister" Button to deactivate the Addon and exit the tool
  • Create a Folder on your Disk with the most space, like D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft
  • Move (not copy) the complete File Structure Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional from D:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft to the new path (D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft)
  • Start the EDDFConfig Tool at the new path (D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional) and press YES if you ask to register the addon
  • Then click the batch D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional\SODE\Sode-on (but NOT "Run as Administrator", that will fail too).
    Here you should see that the batch is not running in the Addon Path, not in C:\Windows\system32 and the files are copied correct

This process is possible for all Aerosoft scenery addons having this type of Configtool (<Icao>ConfigTool.exe), other you need to uninstall and run the Installer by selecting the new Folder D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft while the install process

 

Hello again!

 

Followed all of the above steps and it all works now. Thank you very much for your help. Gonna migrate the rest of my sceneries in the same manner. :)

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello Oliver

i have the same question were to paste the sode file but i have the scenery of frankfurt 2.0 professional  installed directly in the preparsim :G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional V5 ,so my question is can i put it there inside that folder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, johannes de jong said:

hello Oliver

i have the same question were to paste the sode file but i have the scenery of frankfurt 2.0 professional  installed directly in the preparsim :G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional V5 ,so my question is can i put it there inside that folder

 

I pasted the SODE folder into the Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional folder, so in your case the "Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional V5" folder mentioned above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SODE folder must be beside the effects,scenery and texture folder inside the Mainfolder of the addon. The SODE-ON batch job use relative pathes to replace files in the scenery, so it is important to place the SODE folder there, but it is independent where the Mainfolder is located (even when the install of addons inside the P3D folder is not the best location)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...