EDDF Pro V2 out of memory

Hi,

just downloaded the version, installed, and try to fly.
Impossible to load!

This morning I flew from EGGL Pro with ORBX without prroblem.

Here, not enough memory : I have a 9900K,  32Go of memory and a 2080TI 11Go.

.net 4.0 and terrain.dll errors.
Not Enough!!!!!!!

• Developer

Ok, did you check the display of the VRAM (Out of memory in the main RAM I never heard) in P3D (should be displayed beside the framesrate)

When you don‘t habe the 11GB max of your graphiccard shown there, something is wrong on the installation.

VRAM overrun is an known issue in P3D V5, some better in HF 1, but still discussed.

When you see the VRAM usage in P3D, you can use the EDDFConfigV5 tool to deregister the scenery first, then check the usage with the default airport.
The register the scenery again and check the difference.

The memory usage depends much on setting, special autogen dense/distance and the new atmospheric Weather needs a lot more.

For the scenery only, my VRam increase around 1GB, that is not much, with my settings around 4 of my 6GB VRam is used.

And it is the same code as in P3D V4, there I never see or heard about memory issues.

I am seeing a similar problem as well, having to do with physical RAM and not VRAM.  In P3Dv5 with Orbx GES Region, my total physical memory is 6.3GB (32GB avail) but with the EDDFv2.00v5 the load time was extremely long and the phycial memory commit indicated by Process Explorer was 31.9GB before P3D closed without error message with terrain.dll listed as faulting module.

When I launch P3Dv5 (no weather, no traffic) and select MA EDDF I load time exceeds five minutes and the one time out of four attempts where it did not crash all I saw was partial surface textures buried under landclass tiles.

In the EDDF configurator, I have checked the Orbx FTX settings for use FTX GES seasons, disable landclass of airport and disable photoreal surrounding.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, downscc said:

I am seeing a similar problem as well, having to do with physical RAM and not VRAM.  In P3Dv5 with Orbx GES Region, my total physical memory is 6.3GB (32GB avail) but with the EDDFv2.00v5 the load time was extremely long and the phycial memory commit indicated by Process Explorer was 31.9GB before P3D closed without error message with terrain.dll listed as faulting module.

When I launch P3Dv5 (no weather, no traffic) and select MA EDDF I load time exceeds five minutes and the one time out of four attempts where it did not crash all I saw was partial surface textures buried under landclass tiles.

In the EDDF configurator, I have checked the Orbx FTX settings for use FTX GES seasons, disable landclass of airport and disable photoreal surrounding.

Have you disabled any EDDF files in the GES folder?

No but that sounds like a good idea.  Just checked, there are three EDDF bgl files in the GES folder that are .OFF.  Dang, I was hoping that would be it.  I tried turning off use GES seasons but same.  Very slow load and most attempts crash while loading progress bar is showing so the VRAM is not an issue (dark screen).

Ideas?

• Developer

I had load EDDF hundred time the last week and it is more or less the same BGL code as in V4, never had a RAM issue or long load time.

Only with full settings of P3D to the right an full UT live traffic, VRAM gets in trouble by my only 6 GB.

But I take a look Into it this weekend and monitor My 16 GB RAM too.

But I have no Orbx, so maybe there is the problem.

4 minutes ago, OPabst said:

I had load EDDF hundred time the last week and it is more or less the same BGL code as in V4, never had a RAM issue or long load time.

Only with full settings of P3D to the right an full UT live traffic, VRAM gets in trouble by my only 6 GB.

But I take a look Into it this weekend and monitor My 16 GB RAM too.

Yeah, I have over a hundred airports loaded in P3Dv5, all but a few are actually compiled with the v5 bglcomp and the difference is just in the installer.  All work fine.  I've never seen a scenery fail to load with these symptoms, but if others are not having a problem I'm not ashamed to dig deeper.  I beta tested P3Dv5 and am pretty sure that I have the latest RTM but I'll dig deeper.

• Developer

When you are beta tester, did you delete and rebuild the prepar3D.cfg when installing the build short before release? There are a lot setting not changed, when only uninstall/install  the P3D build.

The only difference in EDDF is the „slopped afcad feature“ which is new and maybe buggy in such big airports. Don‘t thing there is any other big airport using it, special when no V5 rebuild of the afcad is done.

• Developer
1 minute ago, yvesamuel said:

In fact, the scenery does not load totaly. I have the error at about 65% of loading. I never see how much VRAM is used!

Yves

Did you try what I ask for? 

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

When you are beta tester, did you delete and rebuild the prepar3D.cfg when installing the build short before release? There are a lot setting not changed, when only uninstall/install  the P3D build.

The only difference in EDDF is the „slopped afcad feature“ which is new and maybe buggy in such big airports. Don‘t thing there is any other big airport using it, special when no V5 rebuild of the afcad is done.

I have not been deleting prepar3d.cfg between beta builds or before RTM (it was updated by each I believe) but I've done just that now.  Also, I have downloaded version 5.0.24.34874 and removed my previous beta version and installing now.  I'm hoping I self inflicted this onto myself when I attempted to short cut the same day beta RTM release of 34860 to 37874 by just updating client.

And like yvesamuel, EDDF is usually not loaded before P3D crashes.

UPDATE:  After uninstalling P3Dv5, deleting prepar3d.cfg and shaders folder, downloading full installer from LM and installing and launching default aircraft at my home base (KCRP by SXAD) all was fine until I selected to go to EDDF.  Loading terrain data for EDDF was very slow and stopped at 43% then started to inch up slightly before P3D CTD without message.  AppCrashView is indicating that P3D stops working with terrain.dll as faulting module, c0000005 (access violation) fault at 0x00009263 unchanged in three CTD events.

It's not looking like this is related to my P3D beta, also note that I've been a heavy user of P3Dv5 in also beta testing PMDG QOTSII for v5.  No problems until I installed EDDF.  I'll keep digging but appreciate ideas.

Ah HA!  I launched Orbx Central and reset the insertion point to the default top of library.  I had selected below add-on scenery and that had been working.  I suspect that when I added their two freebies this morning, Yosemite and Devils Tower, that the layers got garbled by installing EDDFv5 after Orbx Central had a chance to do it's thing with scenery layers.  BOTTOM LINE I got EFFDv2 working now in P3Dv5 using 9.5 GB physical memory and 4.7 GB of my 11 GB VRAM.  Thanks for the feedback, just knowing it was something here not cause by EDDF helped.

Apologies to Samuel if he believes I stepped on his original post but i thought we had the same problem.  Samuel, if you have Orbx may i suggest running their Central to see if it correct the issue for you?

• Developer

Thanks for the update.

That‘s one problem of Flightsim: you have so many components beside the Sim itself, which have there own needs, not all are implemented as good as maybe needed in the add-ons concept of P3D now. Layering is one of this.

That it results in a memory overrun is new, but maybe an open issue in the new V5 platform.

We are not only at the beginning of the pandemic corona time, we are also at the begin of a new Sim Version. But the second we can handle ourself ;)

Just landed, and tried what you asked :

- My ORBX is under all sceneries

- I deleted shaders and prepar3d.cgf

- I verified all GSE from oebx files are renamed

-  I load a default plane.

I got the same problem; Error at 67%.

This afternoon I got terrain.dll errors, now I have ntdll.dll and then kernellbase.dll.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer
4 hours ago, OPabst said:

When you see the VRAM usage in P3D, you can use the EDDFConfigV5 tool to deregister the scenery first, then check the usage with the default airport.
The register the scenery again and check the difference.

The memory usage depends much on setting, special autogen dense/distance and the new atmospheric Weather needs a lot more.

Sorry Yves,

that‘s not what I ask for, see above.

Use the EDDFconfigv5 tool to deregister the Frankfurt Scenery, then it is not anymore active in the sim.

Then try to go the EDDF and check, if it is loaded the default (or Orbx default) Airport. Maybe this is also result in a CTD. If not, check the VRAM usage, if you see a low GB use and the full 11 GB as max available.

I've been in EDDF before having the new version, without problem.
It's EDDF, sorry for my mistake.

What I tried just now :

disable EDDF V2 scenery, erased my prepr3d.cfg, loaded AS EDDK V1.09 with stanfard plane, changed to EDDF. Everything was OK.
But, when I wanted to close P3D, I got an error to much memory used.

I restarted my PC, and tried EDDF with AS not activated. Worked.

I restarted once more my PC, loaded EDDF, and it works

Finaly!!!

Now, I'll try a flight with the PMDG 747 just out for P5D.

Thank's and have a good weekend

Stay safe!

PS : I tried to change the title of the thread, but could not edit it.

Hi,

So... I tried a flight CYYZ EDDF on the only long haul AC in V5, the PMDG 747, and never landed. 11nm from RW07lL  CTD with yhe same errors. My VRAM was at about 4.7Gb.

I had a fresh .cfg fiel on leaving CYYZ.

What can the solution be?

I don't live far from EDDF (ELLX), ans I like flying to/from EDDF.

Any idea?

Thank's

Yves

My todays tries : I uninsttalled EDDF V2, redownloaded it and reinstalled.

delete the prepar3d.cfg

load AC on standard default runway.

In fact the scenery tries to load, but very slowly, nearluy percent by percent. At about 66 to 67%, I have like a flash and CTD.

I'm loosing a lot of time instead of flying, and I would have a solution....

Yves

• Developer

Sorry, but you need to check which other products you use can be involved. The scenery is now so often used without any issues, that there is nothing pointing to the „static“ scenery codes.

Try to uncheck all add-ons in the list of the option menu, expect Eddf, special GSX, Sode and Active Sky (what every you have), which all use special Modules and fly with into the Frankfurt from a near Airport like Colone or Munich.

When it works activate step by step the Modules. Only that way you maybe find the product generating the issue.

Hi,

Last news : I found a solution to fly from EDDF, but it's not so simple : Use a prepar3d.cfg never used (I put one one side with mimimum settings), load EDDF with standard plane on standard situation, change to the gate I choose to depart and finaly choose my AC.

Doing like this I could fly from EDDF.

I'll do some more tests this afternoon, at this time I'l flying....

Thank's for help, and I tlle you what I find.

Yves

• Developer

Can you please try to rename the EDDF_OBJ-Docking.BGL to EDDF_OBJ-Docking.off and check if that change anything in your problem.

My test :

It goes slowly up to 66%, then I have like a flash, then about 4 minutes later a message "your computer run out of memory", not VRAM, but memory.

Does not seem to be the solution.

Archived