EDDF Prepar3Dv5 Feature transfer error

kolman

• Developer

Can you please check  with Regedt32 (start-button then type regedt32) if you find below Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Volatile Environment an entry called USERPROFILE which contain the c:\User\xxxx path (xxxx must be you username on the PC)

And please open a CMD (Dos) Window and type

Dir %USERPROFILE%

Normaly you should see the directory of your User with the Documents subfolder and so on. If not, somethings is wrong on your Windows Installation.

Hello,

I could not find this entry at the location you pointed out, but you still guided me in the right direction.

Usually I work with a standard user account and start any installer from there with admin rights.

So far this worked with all Aerosoft installers, but for EDDF I actually had to sign into my admin account and execute the installer.

I got it installed, but I still don't understand if this a error in the installer or some rather annoying new feature.

By the way at the end of every P3Dv5 airport installation I get this Message (Even, when I'm logged in as admin):

Please login to display this image.

Regards,

Gerhard

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, kolman said:

but for EDDF I actually had to sign into my admin account and execute the installer.

And this will never work, as in such a case the software will only be installed under the Administrator account. And it also causes the error you see, as the Administrator acount/proflie doesnt know anything about yor P3D.

And you really dont see this, following Oliver's instructions?

• Developer

Sorry, but there is no difference between the installers. And the Error you show now, also points to in issue, that values in the registry could not be read.

To find the Add-ons.cfg, the Tool must get a valid response from Windows to point to the c:\user\xxxxx Path

Did you reboot you PC and check it again? Did you try the DIR %USERPROFILE% command?

Hello,

I found this "Volatile Environment" now. However if I look it up from my default account it will show the path to the AppData of this user.

However this is not the path were I have my config files. They are under my admin account. I have it this way since many years and never had a problem, because I run P3D with admin rights anyway. No big deal anyway I know what to do now.

Thanks for you help!

Gerhard

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived