Aerosoft Updater misses A330

I just installed the new 1.0.1.0 version of the A330 after the updater notified me that it is released.

After installing it there is now no entry for the A330 in the updater anymore.

Same here. After two reinstallations I rolled back and installed  the previous 1.0.0.8 and the aircraft is again in the updater, but in red. Updater version is 1.5.0.0.

Regards.

• Root Admin

Hi,

please confirm that you are using this SETUP-file?

AS_A330-PROFESSIONAL_P3DV4_V1010.exe

And, check this config-file:
c:\Users\xxxx\documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_a330_prof.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE! AEROSOFT SUPPORT WILL NOT HELP YOU IF YOU DO! -->
<ASUpdater>
  <ProductData Name="Aerosoft A330 Professional" Platform="P3D4" AUID="as_a330_prof" UseAddonXML="1" AddonName="E:\P3D4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A330 Professional">
  <Version Installed="1.0.1.0" />
  </ProductData>
</ASUpdater>

11 minutes ago, A. Muegge said:

Hi,

<ASUpdater>
  <ProductData Name="Aerosoft A330 Professional" Platform="P3D4" AUID="as_a330_prof" UseAddonXML="1" AddonName="E:\P3D4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A330 Professional">
  </ProductData>
</ASUpdater>

Yes Correct already 1.0.1.0 in that xml

and installer is download via Aerosoft Official download page and yes its v1010

thank you!

1 hour ago, A. Muegge said:

Hi,

<ASUpdater>
  </ProductData>
</ASUpdater>

Yes, I have just checked also and can confirm that the XML file and the Version installed is V1010.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is indeed strange. I made a fresh install of all Buses, and in the ASUpdater everything is as it should be:

Please login to display this image.

Did you uninstall the old products before the new install?

Also, can you please show a screenshot of the folder "c:\Users\xxxx\documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products"

3 minutes ago, mopperle said:

This is indeed strange. I made a fresh install of all Buses, and in the ASUpdater everything is as it should be:

Please login to display this image.

Did you uninstall the old products before the new install?

Yes i only have A320/321 and A330 I uninstalled all before new install, followed the Reinstallation guide from aerosoft

See there is the first snag. The Products folder is missing that xml file completely on my installation.

I did install the A330 as recommended. First deinstallation, then installation with AVira turned off.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, I will do the umpteenth attempt to check it again and uninstall and reinstall the Bus.

Ok, uninstalling the A330.xml removed the xml from the products folder.

now lets see what the installation does.......

• Deputy Sheriffs

And after a new install, the xml is back again.

So TBH guys, I have no idea whats going wrong on your (yes I have to say this) system.

And I did skip some steps, like turning of my AV Software (Norton) and did not reboot my system.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also, can you please show a screenshot of the folder "c:\Users\xxxx\documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products" and a screenshot of the ASUpdater and also post the xml file (as attachment).

Also please do the following:
Open the ASUPdater, DO NOT click on any product, go to the folder "c:\Users\xxxx\documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Logs" and post the file "ASUpdater_App_Log.txt" to your post

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now and the same, no A330 showing in the updater. I have followed the PDF doc to the letter each time.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Also, can you please show a screenshot of the folder "c:\Users\xxxx\documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products" and a screenshot of the ASUpdater and also post the xml file (as attachment).

Also please do the following:
Open the ASUPdater, DO NOT click on any product, go to the folder "c:\Users\xxxx\documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Logs" and post the file "ASUpdater_App_Log.txt" to your post

Aha, I have found the problem on my machine!!

I have two documents folders on two seperate drives, not sure why yet but Ill sort that later.

The A330 XML document was in the wrong location. I copied the XML into the correct location and viola the A330 reappears.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK; maybe one of these document folders is linked to Microsoft OneDrive.

At least your finding might help others!

Vor 1 Stunde, drayton_k sagte:

Aha, I have found the problem on my machine!!

I have two documents folders on two seperate drives, not sure why yet but Ill sort that later.

The A330 XML document was in the wrong location. I copied the XML into the correct location and viola the A330 reappears.

That is exactly what happened on my machine as well. And yes, Otto, the second folder, where the installer has put the file, is linked to OneDrive.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So this fu...ng OneDrive is once again causing the problem. You need to unlink your Documents folder from OneDrive to avoid future problems.

I think the problem is the Aerosoft installer:

In Windows 10 (and earlier) the user documents folder (My Documents) can be placed anywhere outside of the user's profile folder (% USERPROFILE%). This location can be known by accessing the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders \ Personal and not on all systems its name is Documents but it may have an alias. For example in the Spanish versions of Windows this folder appears as "Documentos"

The Aerosoft installer looks for the documents folder in % USERPROFILE% \ Documents and if it does not exist it creates it, which in this case the folder is not in the right place.

I think Aerosoft should check its installers

• Developer

That's the A330 installer you're talking about. The Aerosoft Ipdater uses the SHGetFolderPath() function. If that doesn't return the right path, then you're in for a Windows reinstall.

New installers won't use the User Shell Folders\Personal registry path any more. We already identified this issue with a beta tester who renamed his user folder (an offence that should be punished by burning at the stake!). Although we tracked down the issue and were able to help him he got problems with other software soon after. If you want to rename or move your user folder - just don't.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

That's the A330 installer you're talking about. The Aerosoft Ipdater uses the SHGetFolderPath() function. If that doesn't return the right path, then you're in for a Windows reinstall.

New installers won't use the User Shell Folders\Personal registry path any more. We already identified this issue with a beta tester who renamed his user folder (an offence that should be punished by burning at the stake!). Although we tracked down the issue and were able to help him he got problems with other software soon after. If you want to rename or move your user folder - just don't.

Thank you for your reply.

I agree that you never must move the user's profile folder (a lot of problems in that case) I mean only to the Documents folder inside the user profile. Usually that is the bigger folder and is neccesary to move it to save space in the system's disk.

Regards.

vor 12 Stunden , Oreto sagte:

Usually that is the bigger folder and is neccesary to move it to save space in the system's disk.

Indeed that is why I moved mine away.

I've also had this issue, for some reason I've got two AS updater folders, one at C:/users/xxxx/Documents/Aerosoft and another at C:/Documents/Aerosoft.

The A330 xml was in the C:/Documents/aerosoft and i simply cut and paste it into the C:/users/xxxx/Documents/Aerosoft one instead and this solved my issue, I don't know why this has happened as it's been perfectly fine in previous installs.

Going to look into this one drive thing that's been suggested.

Archived