North atlantic waypoints not visible on ND

Hey everybody

As I am currently cruising from Boston to Zurich I just did a north atlantic crossing on a predefined track. According to my flight plan I created some pilot waypoints to be aware when I start ETOPS and to see my calculated ETP’s of my OFP.  So, as I entered the oceanic area I set the EFIS to WPT to show me the waypoints and in my opinion the stored pilot waypoints should have been visible as well. However, neither the standard programmed waypoints like e.g 5540N nor my created pilot waypoints were visible. Every other waypoint outside the oceanic area, e.g VEBIT near Zurich, was visible with this configuration. Is this a bug? Do other users have the same issue?

I helped myself out by inserting the created pilot waypoints into the active flightplan but in real aviation that would cause some trouble with reports to ATC and is not a good idea because I change my active flightplan. Another possibility would be to work with the secondary flightplan but I guess actually it should work how I explained at the beginning.

I use the newest build of the A330 (1.0.1.0) in P3D v4.4.

Thank you and happy landings,

Remo

• Deputy Sheriffs

Issue might be, that the ND/waypoint function can only display waypoints from database. Will forward it.

2 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Issue might be, that the ND/waypoint function can only display waypoints from database. Will forward it.

If that's the case, ARINC 424 waypoints (4020N, etc) should have been visible, no?

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, becas said:

If that's the case, ARINC 424 waypoints (4020N, etc) should have been visible, no?

No idea what we display, maybe only what is in navigraph or navdataPro database.

So also the pilots waypoints have to be displayed?

Vor 1 Stunde, masterhawk sagte:

No idea what we display, maybe only what is in navigraph or navdataPro database.

In my opinion yes. Also the FCOM of the A330 says that with the WPT p/b ALL other than the active flightplan waypoints will be displayed (in magenta). 

Vor 1 Stunde, becas sagte:

Affirm. I have seen that on jumpseat flights in the real A330 before.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:38 AM, masterhawk said:

ARINC 424 waypoints are from the database.

The pilot waypoints should also be displayed, yes.

Archived