DDE at Geneva Professional causing CTD during startup

Fabi9401

Yesterday I installed MS Office (2019 Pro Plus 32bit) to my PC. After this I wanted to start P3D and recieved the following message:

Please login to display this image.

Since then my P3D crashes whenever I want to start it. I tried many things to solve the issue i.e. delete P3D.cfg + Shaders, disable my Addons, reinstalled the P3D client, uninstalled Geneva Professional (V1.0.0.0) and installed the latest version. In the LSGGConfig I also tried do disable DDE which didn´t solve the issue.

I currently operate P3D V4.5.13.32097 (4.5 HF2) on Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) and had no issues until I installed Office.

• Aerosoft

Hi Fabi,

thats an interesting one.

For starters, can you please upload your DDELogging.log so I can have a look if there is something meaningful in there?

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the log. Just to clarify: now you cannot even start P3D at all anymore? If yes, is there something in your EventViewer? Or is it this message that still keeps reappearing?

Correct. I can´t even start P3D. There is nothing in the EventViewer and the message appeared only once after I reinstalled the addon.

• Aerosoft

Hmm...that doesn't look like it is related to DDE anymore, then. But to make fully sure please deactivate it in LSGGConfig again and check in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg" that it is really deactivated:

[Package.x]
PATH=...\Dynamic Display Engine
TITLE=Aerosoft Dynamic Display Engine
ACTIVE=false
REQUIRED=false

Then try to start P3D again.

• Aerosoft
vor 3 Minuten, Fabi9401 sagte:

It is set to false. Unfortunately it didn´t solve it.

Ok...this excludes DDE as the culprit as it won't get loaded by P3D anymore.

So somehow something else seems to have gotten seriously broken with your install. Right now I'm also at a loss, as you've also already tried some things. Have you also tried deinstalling Office, as your problems seem to have started with this? Maybe it messed with some of the Visual C++ runtimes.

• Aerosoft

Honestly, I really don't know right now...as you have nothing in EventViewer it could basically be anything. When you start P3D, do you see Prepar3d.exe in the Task Manager? And it disappears before the loading splash screen gets shown? Otherwise, maybe there is someone else able to chime in with further suggestions.

Regarding the runtimes you could try this. But it really is just a shot in the dark right now.

I start P3d as administrator, then it starts loading and when completed it crashes, but is still present in the taskmanager.

Maybe I try some things again tomorrow.

Thank you for your help so far!

Alright, sim is working again. In order to install Office I had to uninstall MS Access Database Engine. I reinstalled a new version of it now and everything works again.

• Aerosoft

I'm glad to hear you got it solved so far.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived