Hello 

I tried to search this topic, but I could not find anything. Fresh install and the software starts and than shut off by itself. Any ideas?

Thank you 

As a new user or reinstall ?

If an existing user do you have an active server subscription ?

Running on a single monitor setup ?

I am experiencing the same issue. I haven't flown for a few months, and am in the process of making sure everything is updated and ready to go when I do start flying again (hopefully soon). Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of PFPX. When I try to run the program (as an administrator), it loads up the main screen for a few seconds, then closes.

I think it has been about a year since I last purchased a server subscription, but if I recall correctly I need to enter the key for the new subscription into PFPX in order to activate it. Is there a way to do that without running PFPX?

I am also running PFPX on a dual-monitor setup, which has worked perfectly fine for me in the past.

The event viewer seems to be blaming ntdll.dll, which in my experience is never the actual culprit when these sorts of mysterious shut downs occur.

Reinstall in a new PC. Haven't used the sim in a while and putting things back together 

I was able to put in the key to validate the purchase. I don't have a new server subscription, but from my past experience you have to do that inside of the app

one monitor 

58 minutes ago, afrajad said:

Reinstall in a new PC. Haven't used the sim in a while and putting things back together 

I was able to put in the key to validate the purchase. I don't have a new server subscription, but from my past experience you have to do that inside of the app

one monitor 

If not already done so install the latest 2019 vcredit  2015-2019 version here, the x86 and if WIN 64bit the x64 also.

Try disconnecting from the internet before running PFPX, should it load set weather source to none. You can check the subscription once back online.

8 hours ago, Ratherbflyin said:

I am experiencing the same issue. I haven't flown for a few months, and am in the process of making sure everything is updated and ready to go when I do start flying again (hopefully soon). Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of PFPX. When I try to run the program (as an administrator), it loads up the main screen for a few seconds, then closes.

I think it has been about a year since I last purchased a server subscription, but if I recall correctly I need to enter the key for the new subscription into PFPX in order to activate it. Is there a way to do that without running PFPX?

I am also running PFPX on a dual-monitor setup, which has worked perfectly fine for me in the past.

The event viewer seems to be blaming ntdll.dll, which in my experience is never the actual culprit when these sorts of mysterious shut downs occur.

Backup/delete registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FlightSimSoft.com\PFPX to exclude a possible second monitor issue.

Should  PFPX still does not load:

If not already done so install the latest 2019 vcredit  2015-2019 version here, the x86 and if WIN 64bit the x64 also.

Try disconnecting from the internet before running PFPX, should it load set weather source to none. You can check the subscription once back online.

Thanks for the suggestions, @srcooke.

The first step of removing the registry key appears to have worked. I guess something in there got corrupted since the last time I used PFPX a few months ago. The only concern I have now is that I received a notice that I had installed PFPX on two different machines in the past 180 days, which isn't at all accurate. I'm guessing that since I had to re-enter my PFPX key when running PFPX after removing the registry key, the activation server saw it as a new installation. At least it is working now, and hopefully I won't need to do this process again and bump my "installation" counter up again.

4 hours ago, Ratherbflyin said:

Thanks for the suggestions, @srcooke.

The first step of removing the registry key appears to have worked. I guess something in there got corrupted since the last time I used PFPX a few months ago. The only concern I have now is that I received a notice that I had installed PFPX on two different machines in the past 180 days, which isn't at all accurate. I'm guessing that since I had to re-enter my PFPX key when running PFPX after removing the registry key, the activation server saw it as a new installation. At least it is working now, and hopefully I won't need to do this process again and bump my "installation" counter up again.

The dual monitor may pose issues, see Craig's observation HERE

Archived