LSZH and SAM

WebMaximus

Just flew into LSZH and when parking at A08, I noticed two things:

- I got this little SAM jetway status icon in the upper left even when I've configured that to never be shown

- the jetway never attached to the aircraft even with the engines shut down, the parking brake set and anti-collision light OFF

I found some other posts about issues with SAM and/or jetways at LSZH. So I guess this is related?

The most recent version of LSZH for X-Plane 11 seems to be 2.05. I'm honestly not fully sure which version I have installed. I know it's 2 something though. How/where can I check what version I'm on? Looking at the name of the folders, they say 2.0 so not really sure what's after that.

Mostly it's very hard to find the version information for X-Plane scenery. I've pointed this out in the past and I do it again, would really be very helpful if you could include a clear version number somewhere in your scenery. So easy for you to add and would save lots of time for us users/customers not having to spend time only to figure out what version we're on.

Here are some screenshots showing what I saw today

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

As far as I know some of the jetways do connect and some orthers are too far away from the corresponding ramp starts so the jetways can't reach the aircraft - this is a known issue and will be adressed for the next update if possible (this is somewhat depending on technical stuff and possible limitations).

Regarding the icon issue: Could you please file a ticket in the stairport help desk? I don't know if this is know bug or something else, maybe there is a solution already.

@Jan Depenbusch may have a look into the scenery versioning situation.

Thanks for the info, no big deal really.

As for the icon, I've only seen that at Zurich. So it doesn't seem to be a general SAM issue.

>>Mostly it's very hard to find the version information for X-Plane scenery. I've pointed this out in the past and I do it again, would really be very helpful if you could include a clear version number somewhere in your scenery. So easy for you to add and would save lots of time for us users/customers not having to spend time only to figure out what version we're on.<<

A great idea;

I already have the excellent utility for the Aerosoft Airbus, which compares my installed version with the latest available; and think how it would be awesome if this could also work for sceneries.

Archived