Honeycomb yoke switches (lights and battery) aren't working with addon aircraft

Just purchased the amazing Honeycomb yoke today and I am having trouble getting everything setup. I downloaded the driver/config tool and set everything up as directed, but now the light switches only work with default aircraft. I tried the same thing in both the NGX and the Milviz B350 both of which don't respond to any of the switches. Only the axis, trim, and autopilot controls work. What am I doing wrong here? 

10 hours ago, sho69607 said:

Just purchased the amazing Honeycomb yoke today and I am having trouble getting everything setup. I downloaded the driver/config tool and set everything up as directed, but now the light switches only work with default aircraft. I tried the same thing in both the NGX and the Milviz B350 both of which don't respond to any of the switches. Only the axis, trim, and autopilot controls work. What am I doing wrong here? 

I'm not sure about Milziv, but PMDG aircraft do not use the default P3D commands for lights, instead they have coded their own commands which are different than what is used with default aircraft.  What is needed is information from PMDG so that you can code them or use something like FSUIPC to set them.  This is true of other flight sim hardware, it's not the hardware (or in this case the Honeycomb Yoke), it's how flight sim is and you need an interface to setup the switches.

In the Honeycomb configuration software we provided interface code for the switches for our Airbus Professional series aircraft and it works great. 

Below is a link to the PMDG forums where users are talking about setting up the switches using FSUIPC. Of course you'll need the Registered Version of FSUIPC to do this.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-ngxu-for-prepar3d-v4/27614-honeycomb-alpha-yoke-switch-assignment

FSUIPC comes with an extensive and excellent manual and also has it's own forum for support.  Unless you have the variables for the aircraft you're going to program switches for in FSUIPC, I recommend you use the FSUIPC Macro function to bind the switches to the Honeycomb Yoke switch panel.

In time we may add more aircraft to the Honeycomb Yoke configuration software, but that will depend on the aircraft developers helping out and providing the SDK.  For now, you can see which aircraft are already programmed in the Honeycom congifuration software by opening it and selecting Load Template.

I sincerely hope this has been helpful to you.

My very best wishes!

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm not sure about Milziv, but PMDG aircraft do not use the default P3D commands for lights, instead they have coded their own commands which are different than what is used with default aircraft.  What is needed is information from PMDG so that you can code them or use something like FSUIPC to set them.  This is true of other flight sim hardware, it's not the hardware (or in this case the Honeycomb Yoke), it's how flight sim is and you need an interface to setup the switches.

In the Honeycomb configuration software we provided interface code for the switches for our Airbus Professional series aircraft and it works great. 

Below is a link to the PMDG forums where users are talking about setting up the switches using FSUIPC. Of course you'll need the Registered Version of FSUIPC to do this.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-ngxu-for-prepar3d-v4/27614-honeycomb-alpha-yoke-switch-assignment

FSUIPC comes with an extensive and excellent manual and also has it's own forum for support.  Unless you have the variables for the aircraft you're going to program switches for in FSUIPC, I recommend you use the FSUIPC Macro function to bind the switches to the Honeycomb Yoke switch panel.

In time we may add more aircraft to the Honeycomb Yoke configuration software, but that will depend on the aircraft developers helping out and providing the SDK.  For now, you can see which aircraft are already programmed in the Honeycom congifuration software by opening it and selecting Load Template.

I sincerely hope this has been helpful to you.

My very best wishes!

Thanks I just tried doing that but it still isn't working in the sim. Here is a screenshot of the setup in FSUIPC for the taxi light. Button 24 is the Taxi switch on, but I am not sure if there needs to be a separate binding for off. 

Please login to display this image.

11 hours ago, sho69607 said:

Button 24 is the Taxi switch on, but I am not sure if there needs to be a separate binding for off. 

I don't think this will work. I predict this will do the following as you cycle the switch:

Switch Pos / Light State

ON           ON

OFF          ON

ON           OFF

OFF          OFF

ON           ON

...etc

There are two ways to fix this. First, you could bind the adjacent button  (can't recall if it is 23 or 25) to the same toggle command. That relies on the fact that each switch appears to be wired up as two independent buttons. It will work as long as you don't get out of sync. However, the proper way is to use the light ON and OFF commends, which I think FSUIPC gives you.

• Aerosoft

There is also work being done to make PMDGs SDK functionality directly compatible with the Honeycomb. Cannot give you a timeframe, though.

On 5/6/2020 at 9:18 AM, MarkHurst said:

I don't think this will work. I predict this will do the following as you cycle the switch:

Switch Pos / Light State

ON           ON

OFF          ON

ON           OFF

OFF          OFF

ON           ON

...etc

There are two ways to fix this. First, you could bind the adjacent button  (can't recall if it is 23 or 25) to the same toggle command. That relies on the fact that each switch appears to be wired up as two independent buttons. It will work as long as you don't get out of sync. However, the proper way is to use the light ON and OFF commends, which I think FSUIPC gives you.

You must bind the button 22 to LIGHT OFF and 23 to LIGHT ON (or the way around according to your taste  ... is UP On or Off , that is the question ;)

The same logic applies to each switches, linked to 2 so called "buttons" in the Yoke Input.

Enjoy

4 hours ago, gaab said:

You must bind the button 22 to LIGHT OFF and 23 to LIGHT ON

Well, no. Toggle will pretty much work, as I said. But ON/OFF is preferable, as I also said.

Archived