A330 Professional in P3D4.5 : Syncing Displays

1 hour ago, quentcor said:

Mathijs,

It would be nice if displays could be synced independently of connected flight deck. Any prospect?

Regards,

Quentin

I'm happy Mathijs knows what  you're talking about, but I surely don't as there are at least two different ways (conditions) your statement can be taken, and I want to ensure I understand what you mean.

If possible, can you provide a narrative of exactly which conditions you'd like this to function under and what the end result should be?

Many thanks!

Hi Dave,

My suggestion relates to the third MCDU menu options. As the options stand at present, syncing displays features under connected flight deck. While I (and perhaps others) do not want to use connected flight deck, clicking on sync displays where it stands doesn't work unless you setup connected flight deck. My suggestion is that the syncing displays option be offered separately, much like using the GSX option, so that those of us, who do not wish to continuously keep the monitoring pilot's displays synced while flying, can select the sync displays option for this to be done automatically.

I hear what Mathijs is saying about the hit on CPU, but I seem to recall that the display syncing in the AS A320 in P3D3.4 was automatic and I didn't experience any problems with CPU or frame rates. Could be, of course, that some machines might find it problematic, in which case the syncing option could simply be ignored.

I don't know how much additional work would be involved in moving the sync displays out of connected flight deck, or making it an additional option outside of connected flight deck, but I, for one, would recommend it as a good improvement.

Regards,

Quentin

Archived