Cat A/B and bad support...

Hi

I recently bought a subscription for NDP charts

I mainly fly PC12 and Beechcraft in IFR so it's very important for me to see A and B category aircraft restrictions and minima on the charts.

Those are displayed on every single Jeppesen charts and every AIP in the world. It was written nowhere and I could not imagine a chart would not include CAT A/B restrictions.

CAT B is not only for genav, it's also used by the ATR42 for instance !

The support answered me it's obvious VFR is not handled by NDP and closed the topic....

Should I reopen a ticket for a refund ?

Alex

You should probably have informed yourself before the purchase what LIDO charts are. They are airline charts. Used by Lufthansa, etc.

You won't get a refund because it was never advertised that cat A/B aircraft are included.

Lufthansa Systems even lists all of this on their own tutorials on youtube:

Okay, I could never have imagined such a thing. Thousands of propeller planes in companies are category B. 
It's not your fault, but I don't think I was dishonest. I read about the product on Aerosoft's website and it doesn't meet my (justified) expectations. 
And it would not occur to me to go and see a tutorial on a tool before buying it...
For the refund it doesn't surprise me. Considering the email support, I didn't expect Aerosoft to reimburse a customer for the horrible reason that the product simply doesn't meet his expectations.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And I was the one who answered and closed your ticket.
As Emanuel explains, (and is in the product info) these are LIDO charts, used by Lufthansa (little room for VFR with such premises) and in the product info

Please login to display this image.

There is not explicit indication the does not cover VFR, but there is enough info to conclude that.

So I think in this situation a refund cannot be  applied.

Just now, jrotaetxe said:

And I was the one who answered and closed your ticket.
As Emanuel explains, (and is in the product info) these are LIDO charts, used by Lufthansa (little room for VFR with such premises) and in the product info

There is not explicit indication the does not cover VFR, but there is enough info to conclude that.

So I think in this situation a refund cannot be  applied.

Hi,

Cat A/B is still IFR, I never talked about VFR.

But nevermind

• Aerosoft

I believe you did not fully understand the sales conditions that you agreed to (twice).

As to misrepresenting the product, we have sold many thousands of licensenses and we have never heard this complaint before.  That leads me to believe our customers understand what they are buying. I am sorry you did not, but a refund will simply not happen. Again you agreed to that condition and that has nothing to do with bad support but more with you clicking without reading what you click on. We all do that but we all have to accept what we did.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

2 hours ago, L'Hippocampe bleu said:

Lovely

I should have known. There are only buses pilots in this area. No one has ever noticed this lack of information for light-medium aircraft. 

Thanks for the support
Goodbye 

As a long time Jeppesen chart user, I completely understand your expectation that the LIDO charts would contain the Cat A/B information.

The reason we are unable to provide a refund has nothing whatsoever to do with you or your decision, you see it's actually more complicated than that.  You see these are downloaded products and once the key has been issued and the product installed we are unable to recall or otherwise disable it, and as such we don't issue refunds for any of our downloaded products.  Moreover, the sale of NDP Charts means that we sold Lufthansa's data and of course we have to pay them.

For the reasons above, we notify our customers during the purchase that we will be unable to provide a refund once a downloaded product is sold.

Now, I truly understand your assumption about the Cat A/B and I find no fault with your expectation given what you are used to.  But the fact remains they are airliner charts, not GA charts.  Not the best comparison, but a Boeing  737 Pilot walking onto the flight deck of his first A320 might be surprised at the lack of lights on the overhead.  In other words it's a different product, used for similar purpose, but set up differently.

I'm sorry that the product didn't meant your needs, I truly am, and I understand your disappointment, but I hope our further explanation will smooth things out if only a little.

Our very best wishes to you sir.

Archived