Active Sky P3Dv4 cannot control ambient weather parameters

Ferno

Hi,

Since purchasing and installing SIMstarter NG P3D yesterday, I am getting the attached error in Active Sky for P3D V4. The error didn't occur the first time SIMStarter was used; ActiveSky worked well. However, the next time SIMStarter was started, there were some configuration changes which appeared in DIFF Manager. I accepted the changes and clicked the Assign to profile.... button and assigned them to the main profile. Unfortunately, I don't know what the parameter changes were and the Logbook does not show the changes.

In case it is important, in the Settings > Program Settings... > External Programs (3rd Party) tab, Path to Active Sky 16 = C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\AS_P3Dv4.exe and Use Active Sky Version: = Active Sky 2016 (as that is the only option in the drop-down box).

The following software versions are used:

• SIM Starter NG v2.0.0 (rev 175)
  • Prepar3D and Prepar3D SDK V4.5 Hot Fix 3 (4.5.14.34698)
  • Active Sky for P3D v4 version: 7410

Hope you can help me.

Please login to display this image.

I've found out what the problem was. In the DLL.XML/EXE.XML Manager the as_connect Add-on which controls the as_srv\as_connect_64.dll was inactive. As soon as I activated it, Active Sky worked without a problem.

So this issue is now SOLVED!

Archived