A32X pitch oscillation

After doing the full reinstall for the new update, I noticed a bug where the pitch trim is constantly moving making the pitch oscillate up and down during all phases of flight.

Weather was clear so had no factor in this.

Thank you

Jason Olson

Yes , i saw also this effect yesterday  with the new update but only during a managed descent. Green dot was going up and down .During final approach

to EDDK no display of ILS and finally speed increased ( with Throttle on idle position ....) and i had to land at 180 knots !!!!! 

I tried another flight from EDDK to ESSA with the exactly the same effects .

These flights were done with A320 updated and P3Dv4 HF3. First flight with Clear weather and the second one with Active Sky and real weather conditions .

PC : Asus Maximus HERO VII , Intel core I7 4770K , 16 Go RAM and NVIDIA RTX 2070.

I never saw that before with precedent A3xx .....

Thanks for help me to solve these problems because actually it's not possible to have a correct descent with this plane.

J C Solecki

I tried the same flight twice with realism settings to 0 instead of 100 and i had the same effects : big oscillations of Vs and pitch during Approach ,

no indications about ILS ( LOC and GLIDE) and a very hard landing because in final approach the plane accelerate and stop his descent.

It's seems to me that this  flight is directly the main reason for that because i tried other flights in the same conditions without problems :

e.g. two flights LFLL LFBT with the same plane,  load and wheather ( Clean ).

OK i know LFBT is the airport of LOURDES and this town is well known as the town of miracles .....

But more seriously i will tried other flights over Germany : perhaps i think some problems with ORBX Germany North and South which are

installed . I will report results.

With greetings

J C Solecki 

It happened to me 2-3 times , but in my case between the T/D and the arrival there was not a single waypoint. I don´t know if this affects but was a coincidence.

Best.

Miquel

Same happening with a330 I am not sure what is the issue 
I usually get 15 FPS inside the cockpit so it can't be due to the frames
My pc specs Core i5 4460 3.20GHZ
GTX 745 4GB VRAM
10GB RAM
1TB HDD 

Any news on this?

I've had this bug in the past with experimental versions.

Fixed it by installing a non experimental version, with my AV software off / disabled.

If this fault has returned to a stable version, i'll be reluctant to upgrade.

Have you guys experiencing this fault, done a fresh install of the addon, removed any remaining folders related to the A32X, and re-installed with your AntiVirus software off &/or disabled?

bit the bullet and updated.

Can confirm I am having this issue too.

The green dot doesnt stay stable during descent, multiple test flights and the only thing that changes is how often/quick the green dot shifts.

Latest flight was during decent whilst flying EGGW-EGGP
EGGW 08/OLNEY1B T420 TNT KEGU2B/09 EGGP 

UK2000 Scenery @ both airports

I'm also having this issue , as the V-path indicator is about to be captured on descent, it quickly moves to full deflection in the opposite direction causing the bus to oscillate trying to recapture the green dot, and a the cycle repeats through the descent.  In my case the bus recovered once LOC and APPR mode was set and the LOC/GS was captured. 

I've done 2 previous flights one on  the 319 (LFPO/LSGG about 1 hr), and one on the 330 (TNCM/LFPO about 7.5 hrs), (rev 1310 and 1010 respectively) where this did not happen.  The last flight (LSGG/GCTS about 4 hrs), is when I saw this happening.  I'm planning on another later today and if I see the same, I'll try to capture some video. 

• Aerosoft

We are able to recreate this, but onlu with low fps where the calculations (done on a frame by frame base) run behind.  As I asked could everybody who sees this see if they can still recreate it with the sim running are very high fps?

Als try to make clear WHEN it happens.

46 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are able to recreate this, but onlu with low fps where the calculations (done on a frame by frame base) run behind

I'm running another flight right now (I'll make sure to keep a frame counter running).  If it happens again I'll catch it. 

48 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In my case I only saw during a managed descent on arrival (STAR).  The bus corrected itself on approach. 

59 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are able to recreate this, but onlu with low fps where the calculations (done on a frame by frame base) run behind.  As I asked could everybody who sees this see if they can still recreate it with the sim running are very high fps?

Only happens during managed descent.   My frames are locked at 30fps.

My frames are also locked at 30 fps but i have this problem only on a particular star i.e DEPOK for EGGK. The real FPS is around 20. 

I tried others flies on German Airports ( Munich, Berlin ) without oscillations . I just finished a flight to LOWI with an airnav Approach for R08 :

no oscillations but the aircraft was too low on V/DEV and i must finish approach and  land manually .

Regards

Might have found something that may have some effect on this problem.  I had to restart the flight I was doing.  When I did I took a closer look at the MCDU status page.  It seems that the current AIRAC was in the inactive (second nav data base) line.  I never reset it after I upgraded to the 1110/1310 versions. 

I'll correct this and try the flight again maybe has some effect, maybe not.  but I'll give it a try and let you know if it helped.    

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

But friends... do not take offense, but we seem to have a many different issues here. 

• It happens all the time
  • It happens on one STAR
  • It happens only on Managed Descent
  • It happens with one specific AIRAC

What is important is that it is an issue that can be repeated. Then we can recreate it and solve it.

On 5/12/2020 at 3:01 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

But friends... do not take offense, but we seem to have a many different issues here

None taken on my part

On 5/12/2020 at 3:01 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

What is important is that it is an issue that can be repeated. Then we can recreate it and solve it.

Of course you are correct.  I went into troubleshooting mode instead of reporting mode, I guess that becomes a habit with simmers.  But again you are correct. 

I've tried several flight since my first encounter with the oscillation issue but speaking for myself, I have been unable to re-create the problem. 

On 5/12/2020 at 8:01 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

But friends... do not take offense, but we seem to have a many different issues here. 

• It happens all the time
  • It happens on one STAR
  • It happens only on Managed Descent
  • It happens with one specific AIRAC

still happens to me on nav data cycle 2005.

flying the Teltu1l approach into 26 at eggw, when coming round the top of the loop, the green dot shoots up and down, leaving me way above the target alt of 3000ft to intercept the glide slope.

this mainly happens to me when flying into addon scenery, regardless of who made it.

More info.

P3D4.5 HF3
FPS locked at 40
AIRAC 2005 NaviGraph
Departed ESGG (RC-Design Scenery)
Arrived EGCC (UK2000 Manchester Xtreme)
Route 03 DETN2M DETNA N866 AMRAM L983 CUTEL UP16 NATEB P18 TILNI DALE4D 23R

As you can see in the video, on approach I was having mild oscillations, but these can vary to severe jumps in the green dot.
FPS is between 30-40, as seen in the top L/H corner.

Another issue is, your Airbus doesn't follow the STAR properly, I've flown several approaches into UK2000 scenery around the UK, and your Airbus always ends up too high to intercept the glide slope. I can fly the same approaches with the PMDG747 and QW787, and it executes them perfectly.

Further Update,

I still get oscillations like this with the NavDataPro cycle 2006.
So the issue is common between NaviGraph and NavDataPro data cycles.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having this problem too. On RNAV approaches in managed mode the vertical profile symbol on the PFD fluctuates rapidly from the top to the bottom of its scale. It only settles down and begins to give meaningful indications just before the FAF, and then the V/DEV indicator will generally give accurate guidance to the threshold.
This has happened on every RNAV approach I've tried, but since we're asked for specifics I'll mention the IRLU3T/RNAV29 via GD903 into EPGD which I flew yesterday.
I'm using the latest version of the A320 in a vanilla installation of P3dv4, with add-on airports but no add-on weather/terrain/traffic etc. I'm using the nav database that comes with the product. It's definitely not frame rate related....mine are pegged at 30 throughout the approach.
This problem or very similar ones have been flagged up by significant number of users now in various threads and it would be reassuring to hear from the developer that it is being addressed, as it spoils an otherwise very enjoyable simulation of the plane.

Paul Mooney

10 minutes ago, Moonflight said:

Hi,

I'm having this problem too. On RNAV approaches in managed mode the vertical profile symbol on the PFD fluctuates rapidly from the top to the bottom of its scale. It only settles down and begins to give meaningful indications just before the FAF, and then the V/DEV indicator will generally give accurate guidance to the threshold.
This has happened on every RNAV approach I've tried, but since we're asked for specifics I'll mention the IRLU3T/RNAV29 via GD903 into EPGD which I flew yesterday.
I'm using the latest version of the A320 in a vanilla installation of P3dv4, with add-on airports but no add-on weather/terrain/traffic etc. I'm using the nav database that comes with the product. It's definitely not frame rate related....mine are pegged at 30 throughout the approach.
This problem or very similar ones have been flagged up by significant number of users now in various threads and it would be reassuring to hear from the developer that it is being addressed, as it spoils an otherwise very enjoyable simulation of the plane.

Paul Mooney

Paul,

We have been unable to duplicate this issue on any of our company computers, and none of the Beta Testers past or present has been able to duplicate this, so it's very difficult for us to troubleshoot something we can't reproduce.  Our program manager actually went to a customer's home who was experiencing this, and the problem disappeared once Windows was reinstalled.  We've certainly tried our best to duplicate this, and we have looked at the code that could possibly affect this and have found nothing.

What we do know is that wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Windows solves this for some people.  Others have upgraded their computers and that has resolved the issue.  Both of these, as well as our not being able to duplicate this and having many thousand customers who don't have this issue pretty well tells us this is something system related.  I suspect that in some cases this is caused by a bad overclock (likely bus speeds), or motherboard issues which otherwise would go unnoticed (I am retired now, but I spent many years as a hardware computer engineer... the guy who looks at things down the micro-transistor level and I can assure you this is very possible).

Sorry to have to give you this news, however I can only tell you what I know.  I have pretty much zero hope that there is anything we can do to help you resolve this since it doesn't seem to be any issue with our software.  I truly wish it were with our software because then we could fix it, and believe me we would absolutely love to do so.

Archived